Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by columbia »

Rocco wrote:
columbia wrote:I didn't realize that one could indict a corpse; but hey, we need to preserve that reputation.
You made it clear that death made no difference to you earlier in the thread.

They had the chance to charge him when he was alive but didn't, presumably because he broke no laws. So for the 3rd time, how much does it burn you that they couldn't find anything to charge him with?
How pleased are you that they couldn't?
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

:face:
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

columbia wrote:
Rocco wrote:
columbia wrote:I didn't realize that one could indict a corpse; but hey, we need to preserve that reputation.
You made it clear that death made no difference to you earlier in the thread.

They had the chance to charge him when he was alive but didn't, presumably because he broke no laws. So for the 3rd time, how much does it burn you that they couldn't find anything to charge him with?
How pleased are you that they couldn't?
I have no opinion either way. Had he broken any law I would hope he would have been charged like the people who actually broke laws. Ultimately, he could have done more, something he admitted, but equating him to people who broke laws or personally witnessed a crime seems to be a stretch.

4th time. Want to answer the question yet? It's not a difficult one.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

skullman80 wrote:Is there a way I can just delete this thread since I started it?
Please don't delete the thing because of 1 person.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Not at all, assuming that he didn't break any laws.

How pleased are you with his "actions" on a fundamental human level?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Is there a way I can just delete this thread since I started it?
Please don't delete the thing because of 1 person.
We definitely should ignore one person, who is willing to speak loudly for a belief held by my others.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

columbia wrote:Not at all, assuming that he didn't break any laws.

How pleased are you with his "actions" on a fundamental human level?
You should really try giving answers that are consistent with the rest of your posts. It makes you more credible. But after 4 tries I should just be happy with whatever answers I get.

I've answered your question, and I am offended by your assumptions that I am somehow happy with how he acted. I realize you assume that anyone who doesn't reach your same level of bleating on the subject supports child rape, but that's not the case. He failed, which made him human like everyone else.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Are you cool with the statue - and everything that goes with that - still being there?
What is your standard for acceptable human failure.

BTW: In case anyone is partisan enough to believe that I am anti-PSU:
My brother has two degrees from there and my parents have sunk a lot of money into the place.

We're all disgusted.

Thank *** I chose to go elsewhere and not have my degrees sullied by that pervert and his enablers at the highest level of the institution.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

columbia wrote:Are you cool with the statue - and everything that goes with that - still being there?

My brother has two degrees from there and my parents have sunk a lot of money into the place.

We're all disgusted.

Thank *** I chose to go elsewhere and not have my degrees sullied by that pervert and his enablers at the highest level of the institution.
I've tried to ignore your trolling but this pisses me off. When I earn my degree I'll be as proud of the name on it as I ever have been. The (in)actions of the individuals only dishonor themselves individually, not the institution as a whole.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

You should ask someone who went to PSU those questions. I don't have a degree there, though my school did hand out a degree to a philandering slave-owner who fathered children out of wedlock and then froze them out of his family. You could find someone reprehensible from just about every school. You could probably go to a USC message board and lecture them about being associated with OJ Simpson, an Ohio State board and bring up Jeffrey Dahmer (luckily for tOSU he dropped out after a semester, so the degrees are only 1/8th sullied). Harvard and Michigan degrees are equally sullied since Ted Kaczynski went there.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Staggy wrote:
columbia wrote:Are you cool with the statue - and everything that goes with that - still being there?

We're all disgusted.

I've tried to ignore your trolling but this pisses me off. When I earn my degree I'll be as proud of the name on it as I ever have been. The (in)actions of the individuals only dishonor themselves individually, not the institution as a whole.
I'm going to assume that you do not fully appreciate how much damage this has done to the reputation of PSU.
Trust me, I've spoken to many people outside of PA and that has been a real topic of concern.
Last edited by columbia on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Rocco wrote:You should ask someone who went to PSU those questions. I don't have a degree there, though my school did hand out a degree to a philandering slave-owner who fathered children out of wedlock and then froze them out of his family. You could find someone reprehensible from just about every school. You could probably go to a USC message board and lecture them about being associated with OJ Simpson, an Ohio State board and bring up Jeffrey Dahmer (luckily for tOSU he dropped out after a semester, so the degrees are only 1/8th sullied). Harvard and Michigan degrees are equally sullied since Ted Kaczynski went there.
Slavery is definitely relevant to this conversation....thanks for pointing that out.

I don't recall USC, OSU, Harvard or Michigan covering up any of those, so your analogy fails harder than El Blimpo.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

columbia wrote:
Rocco wrote:You should ask someone who went to PSU those questions. I don't have a degree there, though my school did hand out a degree to a philandering slave-owner who fathered children out of wedlock and then froze them out of his family. You could find someone reprehensible from just about every school. You could probably go to a USC message board and lecture them about being associated with OJ Simpson, an Ohio State board and bring up Jeffrey Dahmer (luckily for tOSU he dropped out after a semester, so the degrees are only 1/8th sullied). Harvard and Michigan degrees are equally sullied since Ted Kaczynski went there.
Slavery is definitely relevant to this conversation....thanks for pointing that out.

I don't recall USC, OSU, Harvard or Michigan covering up any of those, so your analogy fails harder than El Blimpo.
Murdering innocents isn't evil? They aren't tainted by association?

Of course you miss the point. You can taint every school with awful scumbags if you look hard enough.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

Staggy wrote:

We're all disgusted.

that may be how you view it, but many outside of you will not view it that way. if i was graduating i would be super upset as there is no way that diploma is worth what you paid for it after what happened. they should seriously be refunding some portion of tuition to every student, that will never happen but they should.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

You can if they are are protected by said institutions.

That applies to Sandusky, McQ, Paterno, Curley, Spanier, etc.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

knives of ice wrote:[if i was graduating i would be super upset as there is no way that diploma is worth what you paid for it after what happened. they should seriously be refunding some portion of tuition to every student, that will never happen but they should.
Exactly.

These people have enabled the immediate destruction of many children and possibly hampered the lives of thousands of alumni.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Rocco wrote:
columbia wrote:

Murdering innocents isn't evil? They aren't tainted by association?

Of course you miss the point. You can taint every school with awful scumbags if you look hard enough.
Apples and oranges...

Like he said, PSU hid it. I doubt you could find 20 people currently on campus who knew Jeffrey Dahmer took a quarter at OSU, and even so, it's not like he killed a bunch of OSU students and the university tried to hide it and pretend it didn't happen.
Last edited by MRandall25 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

lol seriously?

A reaction to this:
These people have enabled the immediate destruction of many children and possibly hampered the lives of thousands of alumni.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Pitts wrote:lol seriously?

Yes, as long people insist on defending the cowardice - at a minimum - of others.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

What if they defend cowardice at a maximum?

(since you've turned this discussion into a comedy routine)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Alternately, I'm fully disgusted by the people who bother to type on a keyboard to defend these enablers.

But, sure, that's really funny.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

MWB wrote:Who cares where Paterno left his money? I don't understand why anyone would expect it to even be made public.
Wills are private when drafted and executed. But after a certain period of time following the death of the will maker (I think when probate starts), wills become public record.
columbia wrote:Gotcha.
Speaking the truth = TROLL.
Anointing yourself Arbiter of Truth when no one is really disagreeing with what you're saying has much less to do about making sure the victims and their families are somehow made whole by virtue of all involved in these atrocities being made to pay some consequence than it does hearing the self-satisfying sound of your own rage flowing from your fingertips..... klakety klak, klakety klak......
columbia wrote:Thank *** I chose to go elsewhere and not have my degrees sullied by that pervert and his enablers at the highest level of the institution.
Well, those of us that did go there - especially during the all-too-lengthy period of time that these acts were committed, and who perhaps might have known one or more of the victims - and who carry our own peculiar brand of shame and sadness along with a not-small helping of misplaced guilt might bristle somewhat at the notion of some fevered keyboard commando lumping us in with the lot that perpetrated and acted as enables after the fact and saying that our education is somehow unclean.

This isn't about Paterno, is it? There's something else fueling this, and Paterno is just the relief valve that's letting it out. This is a personal matter. This isn't about Paterno or Sandusky or Sandusky's victims...... this is about you and your outrage at something that may be completely unrelated.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So we're not allowed to talk about Paterno's tarnished legacy because......we already talked about that? Time heals all wounds as long as people stop talking about it, is that what the PSU'ers are hoping for?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Any other previous thread that discussed Paterno turned into a pissing match and got deleted. The attempt was to prevent yet another thread deletion by having a civil discussion about the trial. Unfortunately that failed and this thread will most likely end up like the others.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Rumor has it that Mrs. Sandusky may take the stand for the defense as a proxy for Sandusky.