NHL Transactions and News - 2012 Offseason

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: NHL Transactions and News - 2012 Offseason

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
columbia wrote:I'm not recommending it as a positive career move for him.
haha no, but the recent report coming out that the Wild will make a huge run at Parise is absurd.

Explain? He's born near there and recently bought a lake house right outside the city. A good offer $ wise plus the prospects of playing close to home might be enough.. The wild have some decent prospects and some cap space to make some noise this year or in the future if they sign him this season they can go after another big guy next season (if applicable)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
columbia wrote:I'm not recommending it as a positive career move for him.
haha no, but the recent report coming out that the Wild will make a huge run at Parise is absurd.

Explain? He's born near there and recently bought a lake house right outside the city. A good offer $ wise plus the prospects of playing close to home might be enough.. The wild have some decent prospects and some cap space to make some noise this year or in the future if they sign him this season they can go after another big guy next season (if applicable)
My explanation? The Wild suck and I just don't see how a superstar would want to play there if they care about winning in the next 5 years at all.

Aging Goalie(they'll lose Harding)
No offense(with Parise they pretty much have him)
Defense meh

Especially if the Wild want to throw max contract at Parise. I'd be concerned if I'm Parise and worried about winning, I'd personally just want it written down in writing that they'd work to build an actual winner for the future.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Chris Stewart signs a 1 year 3 million contract to stay with the Blues.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

IDK Malka,

Parise, Koivu, Granlund is pretty stacked down the middle plus they have Heatley, Setogucci, Latendresse and PM Bouchard if the latter two can get/stay healthy. Plus still have good cap space if Parise doesnt go wild on the salary.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Malkamaniac wrote:Chris Stewart signs a 1 year 3 million contract to stay with the Blues.
Surprised he re-signed with the Blues....I had him on the Pens radar as a buy low kind of guy...oh well...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

jimjom wrote:NJ to Minny -- either way Parise is a standout player on a boring club.
Of course, the Devils haven't been a primarily trap team for nearly a decade now. Clearly evident if you watched their long run this year. And Minnesota hasn't been under Lemaire in some time, traded in most of their "boring" pieces for "exciting" pieces like Tom Gilbert ( :roll: ) and have opened up into a much more offensive team for years now...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Chris Stewart signs a 1 year 3 million contract to stay with the Blues.
You know how I can tell you're a big, terrible bag of ****...? You had two near-30-goal seasons in your early-mid 20's as a power forward in the NHL and took a paycut on your next contract...they only qualified him (well, not even that, he took less than his QO) to buy them some time to find a new home for him...
me wrote:- Chris Stewart is someone who I'm not a fan of as he regularly checks out of games and is inconsistent even when he cares. It was a big mistake to acquire him in that blockbuster...
Not one for I-told-you-so's if I can help it...but with Chris Stewart, I can't help it...I hope him and his terrible brother are in the LNAH for life...
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Lindback to TB

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

We got a good sized trade here certainly and Tampa gets a good young goalie...

Tampa Bay acquires:
Anders Lindback
Kyle Wilson
7th round pick

Nashville acquires:
Sebastien Caron
2nd round pick (37th overall)
2nd round pick (50th overall)
3rd round pick (71st overall)

I'll follow with more details in a minute...

Kyle Wilson is more of a 13th forward, minor league fodder. He's 28 next season. Only a handful of NHL games to his belt. I think he has more year on a minimal contract. Sebastien Caron's contract is up and he's expected to return to Iserlohn (DEL) this year unless Nashville suddenly has other plans than promoting from within...I would guess it's either Jeremy Smith or a veteran camp invite for backup next year. Caron may have only been acquired because Tampa was near 50-contract limit (not sure of that myself yet).

For those that don't know Lindback, he's even bigger than Rinne (6'6") and very athletic. Good mechanics, just finding his sea legs in the league though as Rinne takes most of the starts. Tampa just brought back Riku Helenius from Finland as well, so they're gonna have some good young goalies competing for a job next year...

EDIT: Updated the 2nd round picks, Tampa retains #40 and perhaps #53 (Florida's choice).
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Lindback looks very promising to me and obviously wasn't going to get many starts in Nashville. Apparently, TB also likes him a lot and wanted to move quickly before there became a bunch of teams getting involved in trade talks so they made a strong and pretty bold move. It will be interesting to see Lindback develop. When I saw him with the Preds, his agility and quickness really surprised me and it also struck me as to how unusual it is to see big, tall goalies that have amazing agility these days and to have 2 of them on the same roster at the same time. Rinne and Lindback would rule the NHL tag team division :D

Looks like a really good deal for both teams. TB gets a guy who could become a very good #1 goaltender and addresses a big weakness. Preds get back high picks to replace some of those traded away to acquire Gaustad, Gill and A Kostitsyn at the trade deadline.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, terrific size and quickness for Lindback. Only thing that's a bit concerning, maybe down the line (and I sure hope not) is that he has Adult Stills disease and takes an injection every morning for it...you'd hate to see any sort of arthritic type pain slow him down during a season...so far so good for him for the last four years, and let's hope it stays that way.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Are teams really fighting for Nash? His contract is so large that I am really curious how it would affect a team like the Flyers if they got him. He would probably score a lot of points with Giroux, but I still don't think it'd be worth it. I really like him, don't get me wrong, but that contract is too much.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=586
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by cma3585 »

Sarcastic wrote:Are teams really fighting for Nash? His contract is so large that I am really curious how it would affect a team like the Flyers if they got him. He would probably score a lot of points with Giroux, but I still don't think it'd be worth it. I really like him, don't get me wrong, but that contract is too much.

I've been burned for so many years in fantasy by Nash I'm simply jaded by the dude at this point. I don't even know what his real value/worth is b/c my past traumatic experiences have clouded my eyes and judgment.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Sarcastic wrote:Are teams really fighting for Nash? His contract is so large that I am really curious how it would affect a team like the Flyers if they got him. He would probably score a lot of points with Giroux, but I still don't think it'd be worth it. I really like him, don't get me wrong, but that contract is too much.

A lot of teams feel they're unlocking a superstar when they get him with a good center on a good team. They might very well be right.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

mirtle
Blue have signed Barret Jackman to a three-year deal. There goes another unrestricted free agent.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Malkamaniac wrote:
mirtle
Blue have signed Barret Jackman to a three-year deal. There goes another unrestricted free agent.
That sucks... i really like Jackman.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

tsn reporting total contract about 9.5 for 3 years. That is not bad at all.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Expect San Jose Sharks to announce an agreement with veteran D-man, Brad Stuart today or tomorrow. 3 year term.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Like I said over on the main board, little hometown discount for Jackman and a NTC...he's a Blues lifer...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Talk on Rick Nash:
Newsday's Arthur Staple reported Howson was seeking four or five major pieces, while Andy Strickland of St. Louis radio station The Fan 590 claimed the asking price was two quality roster players and two prospects.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/4 ... tg.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Give me Fatty Nash!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Paul Martin Tyler Kennedy, Tangradi and Vitale for Rick Nash.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Nah, remember Craig Patrick is there and he's already bit thirstily into a fifth of scotch today...

Rick Nash for Eric Tangradi, Alex Grant, Keven Veilleux and eleventy billion dollars*

* arbitration rules that a real number - five million dollars - would be far more effective in completing this deal
Spoiler:
Oh stop, Patrick did good by us most of the time...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Dreger: Brad Stuart is 3 years, $3.6 per. Nice retirement deal for him, hometown discount to go back to his old stomping grounds which is where he wanted to be...
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]

Pesonen signs with the New Jersey Devils.

http://www.ksml.fi/urheilu/kiekko/eiko- ... as/1218540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spoiler:
False alarm, wrong Pesonen. Harri Pesonen signed with the Devils and will more than likely start the season in Albany.