Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Sarcastic »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Posters who register at LGP and never post. I often see these names of logged in posters on the bottom and I never ever see them post anything. Why register to just read?
It's easier to keep tabs on what you're reading when you're a registered user as opposed to just casually looking at the site without logging in. I see your gripe though.
Is there an option somewhere to show me what threads/posts I haven't read yet? It always looks the same to me. I just go by date I last looked here.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

PghSkins wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Posters who register at LGP and never post. I often see these names of logged in posters on the bottom and I never ever see them post anything. Why register to just read?
Beacuse people who post here are freakin' geniuses, man, and it is valuable just to have a name registered here and be associated with such epic brilliance.
:lol:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

here's an irrational one. people who go to chipotle and order a ton of stuff to take back to the office. they have every right to do so - and if it wasn't them placing one big order, it would be 10 people placing small orders. but none the less - the line comes to a halt and i get pissed.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

shmenguin wrote:here's an irrational one. people who go to chipotle and order a ton of stuff to take back to the office. they have every right to do so - and if it wasn't them placing one big order, it would be 10 people placing small orders. but none the less - the line comes to a halt and i get pissed.

A job I had in college I refused to be the guy that goes and gets lunch. Usually it was Subway since it was right there. I in no way shape or form going to be that guy, at lunch time no less, that orders a bunch of sandwiches.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Shyster wrote:I have one related to my work. Cases on the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County are assigned numbers in the format of [type of docket]-[two-digit year]-[number]. Thus, the 1000th case filed on the general civil docket in 2012 would be numbered GD-12-001000. The last number always includes six digits, and the interface for the Allegheny County Department of Court Records (which we lawyers all still call the Prothonotary) requires the leading zeroes. I hate it when people don’t include those leading zeroes and I can’t just copy and paste a number over.
you're neurotic :-)
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Every treadmill, eliptical, etc at the gym has a tv. And these old timers cant understand HD stations so if people in the row in front of me are watching the same game, or in the case right now, the price is right, I have to either watch on standard def or battle my ocd to not look at their tvs to see what happens since HD is on a delay. Same thing at this bar I go to. Theres a constant echo because these guys only know channels 2,4,7,9. And they get cranky if we change it or tell them to change it even tho its the same thing theyre watching with a better picture.
This is funny. That would drive me nuts.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Totally irrational...

I was in Primantis today for lunch, and some guy was eating his sandwich with a fork. Really?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Totally irrational...

I was in Primantis today for lunch, and some guy was eating his sandwich with a fork. Really?
I will sometimes eat a sandwich with a knife and a fork. At home. Like, if I'm doing something on the computer or playing PS3 and do not want to get mayo/oil&vinegar all over. I'm so weird, right?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shmenguin wrote:here's an irrational one. people who go to chipotle and order a ton of stuff to take back to the office. they have every right to do so - and if it wasn't them placing one big order, it would be 10 people placing small orders. but none the less - the line comes to a halt and i get pissed.
store management should step in and tell the person that they will take the order but they will have to wait and proceed with normal orders and splice theirs in as well. If they want group orders, they should call ahead. when i worked at panera, we would take larger orders like that that were called/faxed in by 10am, as to not make a situation like you are describing.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sarcastic wrote:

I will sometimes eat a sandwich with a knife and a fork. At home. Like, if I'm doing something on the computer or playing PS3 and do not want to get mayo/oil&vinegar all over. I'm so weird, right?
i do that from time to time, depending on my attire/situation.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

You guys probably pee sitting down too.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:You guys probably pee sitting down too.
Well, no, but I like to wear my g/f's lipstick when she's not home. Like you guys don't do that.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:
canaan wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

You guys probably pee sitting down too.
get on my level.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I hate vitamin products that require you to take ridiculous amounts. For example, I’m looking a multivitamins offered by a certain company. Their “ultra” multivitamin is $47.95 for a bottle of 300 caplets. Okay, you think, that’s pretty expensive, but it’s for a bottle of 300. But look at the recommended dosage: “ten capsules two times per day.” If I’m taking 10 pills at a time and 20 per day, I’m not taking my vitamins with food. I’m taking food with my vitamins.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

People who misrepresent items on ebay/amazon.

I received the ratchet/clank tools of destruction ps3 game. But it came in the original white box. Well, since I have the crack in time game in the red greatest hits box, i wanted the tools to also be red. I'm like that, so take it for whatever its worth. I think I have OCD (some ADD probably too - I'm all kinds of fun!). Anyway. So i bought the red one on ebay. Lady was very specific about it being the red/greatest hits version. even on the receipt it says it's red. But she sends me the damn white one. Are people just born genetically stupid? So i sent it back this morning and bought another copy already after contacting the seller and making sure it's the red one.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It annoys me how teachers seem to rub it your face that they get the summers off.
And get vacation days during the school year, or excuse me "personal days". I know everyone needs a day for Dr. visits, etc. throughout the year, but my kid's teacher just got back from Jamaica. Took 3 days off plus the weekend then brought back photos to show all the kiddies what a wonderful time she had. One of the kids asked her why she didn't wait till school was out? ( GOOD FOR HIM! ) She said its cheaper before June. Hell, at least she's honest i guess.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

...not a bad trade off for the "after work hours" of grading kids' tests and papers and alltogether having to babysit the sophomoric miscreants of the realm.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

canaan wrote:...not a bad trade off for the "after work hours" of grading kids' tests and papers and alltogether having to babysit the sophomoric miscreants of the realm.
Agreed. They have a great deal of stress when they have kids not listening stuff. I couldn't do that for 9 months much less 12 months a year.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

pugilist13 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It annoys me how teachers seem to rub it your face that they get the summers off.
And get vacation days during the school year, or excuse me "personal days". I know everyone needs a day for Dr. visits, etc. throughout the year, but my kid's teacher just got back from Jamaica. Took 3 days off plus the weekend then brought back photos to show all the kiddies what a wonderful time she had. One of the kids asked her why she didn't wait till school was out? ( GOOD FOR HIM! ) She said its cheaper before June. Hell, at least she's honest i guess.
That's not typical. Not at all

Teachers don't take vacations that aren't scheduled by the school district.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Sarcastic wrote:

If I get a burger somewhere that's bigger than the standard sized McD's/Burger King burger, I typically slice it in half.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

canaan wrote:...not a bad trade off for the "after work hours" of grading kids' tests and papers and alltogether having to babysit the sophomoric miscreants of the realm.
I'm not a teacher, and I work after hours, could you milk me greg?
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I remember seeing this when I would go to subway that was closer to an old job.... when people in front of me pulled out the list, I turned around and walked out the door. "The List" at Subway - you can forget it.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Why are they called "pet" peeves?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Dont know these are irrational ones or not. I just got a bike, been riding down South Park and if you know the park , I ride on the side of he road that has the game preserve and ice rink, and a few things that are annoying me are the same things that bothered me when I used to roller blade 4-5 times a week long ago. I would always try to be polite and call out that I was passing someone usually on the left but occasionally on the right.

1) When I call out that I'm passing on someone's left they look over their right shoulder if I'm on your left there's no point in looking over your right shoulder. Don't look over your shoulder just move to your right.
2) People on bikes wearing headphones. You're moving too fast on a bike to be listening to music, you're going to miss something. Take the headphones out.
3) Those @#$! extendable dog leashes. I was passing a guy the other day he got to the side but didn't pull his dog leash in and I almost hit the dog.
4) People who don't call out when their passing
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

News weather teams who always call themselves, the "Severe Weather Team" its so out of place especially lately. Like this weekend, its beautiful out and either on tv or on the radio in the car I hear "Heres your severe weather team 9 forcast"...mostly sunny skies throughout the weekend. Just always throws me off when they start out with that.