NHL Transactions and News - 2012 Offseason

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL Transactions and News - 2012 Offseason

Post by mikey287 »

Malkamaniac wrote:David Jones re-signs with Colorado for 4 years.

In other words. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good, did not want him at all.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

mikey287 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:David Jones re-signs with Colorado for 4 years.

In other words. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good, did not want him at all.
He's an injury prone streak scorer but I love that guy for some reason. He just looks like a good soul.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I actually chuckled...that's a good enough reason for me! :lol:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Numbers here:

David Jones with Colorado is 4 years, $16 million ($4M per)
Matt Hunwick also re-signed with Colorado - 2 years, $3.2 million ($1.6M per) - surprised they'd keep Hunwick given his questionable play and the number of good young d-men that do the same thing as him with the potential to do it way, way better...strange signing...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

mikey287 wrote:Numbers here:

Matt Hunwick also re-signed with Colorado - 2 years, $3.2 million ($1.6M per) - surprised they'd keep Hunwick given his questionable play and the number of good young d-men that do the same thing as him with the potential to do it way, way better...strange signing...
Way too much money in Jones, since he's 27 and only scored over 20 goals twice I believe? This year and last?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Way too much money in Jones, since he's 27 and only scored over 20 goals twice I believe? This year and last?
Right and right. For a guy with roughly the same PPG average for his career as Pascal Dupuis and not half of the defensive ability, it seems like a healthy price tag to the say the least.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

mikey287 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Right and right. For a guy with roughly the same PPG average for his career as Pascal Dupuis and not half of the defensive ability, it seems like a healthy price tag to the say the least.
Man, we could trade Tyler Kennedy for the world.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Man, we could trade Tyler Kennedy for the world.
World has a NTC from its time in Toronto...no dice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Crap.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

I woulda liked David Jones on the Pens (Malka, maybe he'll do a little better for us in fantasy this season?!) but not for 4 million. Too streaky, too risky. But, if he can get his stuff together and put up 25 or more consistently good for Colorado
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Fire0nice228 wrote:I woulda liked David Jones on the Pens (Malka, maybe he'll do a little better for us in fantasy this season?!) but not for 4 million. Too streaky, too risky. But, if he can get his stuff together and put up 25 or more consistently good for Colorado
Yea I'll have him as a late round target again this year. Especially with his new raise, he's going to get more pp time at least.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Would have liked to see the Penguins go for Jones in free agency, but considering he makes $1 million less per season than Neal it is a pretty easy call who has a better contract.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Malkamaniac wrote:Knuble won't be returning to the Caps. I'd give anything to go back four years to have Knuble.
I think this is a HUGE F up on the Crapitals part. the only reason I can see doing this is if you think OvenChicken's finally ready to step up and act like a real grown up captain. it's well known that Knuble's been the real leader of that team for awhile now.
for the right price I'd be happy to have Knuble now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shoeshine boy wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Knuble won't be returning to the Caps. I'd give anything to go back four years to have Knuble.
I think this is a HUGE F up on the Crapitals part. the only reason I can see doing this is if you think OvenChicken's finally ready to step up and act like a real grown up captain. it's well known that Knuble's been the real leader of that team for awhile now.
I think Knuble is too old and too slow now for this system that is unwilling to adapt to the players it has.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly
@DarrenDreger "Tom Barrasso will join Paul Maurice on Magnitogorsk bench. Big hires by KHL!" So much for Tom being a scout for Hurricanes.
I read earlier this week that barrasso was reassigned as a scout... now off to Russia.

& if bob mckenzie says not true, well then.
Czech media outlet is reporting the Predators have traded Radulov's rights to the Rangers. Not sure how credible http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... ngers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

shoeshine boy wrote:
Knuble is really, really slow and old and would be a terrible fit on any team looking to play an uptempo style or aggressively forecheck. Unless you want to get rid of DB, he's got no place at all on the Pens. That goes for a lot of other NHL teams for that matter who emphasize a hard skating aspect to their game.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Knuble? He's finished, come on...he's slower than Tangradi...his NHL career is all but over...the Capitals are just throwing garbage out by not re-signing Knuble...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

penny lane wrote:
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly
@DarrenDreger "Tom Barrasso will join Paul Maurice on Magnitogorsk bench. Big hires by KHL!" So much for Tom being a scout for Hurricanes.
I read earlier this week that barrasso was reassigned as a scout... now off to Russia.

& if bob mckenzie says not true, well then.
Czech media outlet is reporting the Predators have traded Radulov's rights to the Rangers. Not sure how credible http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... ngers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I still can't believe Barrasso was a goalie coach...it seems weird, the thought of him mentoring a younger goalie...

Of course, soon as job was taken from him, he bolts...why didn't he just resign from the organization when they changed his job title?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Adam Deadmarsh steps down as Avs assistant coach in favor of Tim Army. Deadmarsh stepped down because he's still dealing with post-concussion syndrome...he played his last game in December of 2002 and is still feeling effects to the point that is physical activity has been almost totally nullified (from his last NHL game). Scary stuff.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Yikes.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Its been 10 years since Adam Deadmarsh retired :shock:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

:shock: indeed
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

mikey287 wrote:Adam Deadmarsh steps down as Avs assistant coach in favor of Tim Army. Deadmarsh stepped down because he's still dealing with post-concussion syndrome...he played his last game in December of 2002 and is still feeling effects to the point that is physical activity has been almost totally nullified (from his last NHL game). Scary stuff.
Wow...bad news. He was a good player who played hard....He got beat up in a fight with Jovonovski pretty good that did not help the cause I remember...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Hot Stove said tonight that Ondrej Pavelec has a big offer on the table from the KHL evidently...that would really gut the Jets if he decides to play in the KHL, he was terrific this year. Also said the Canes were after Jordan Staal, but there's already a huge thread about that that I don't want to look at...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Minor bit of housekeeping here...we have the rights of Brad Stuart going to San Jose from Detroit for Andrew Murray and a conditional 7th in 2014.

Murray is a decent 12th or 13th forward, Sharks have plenty of them. I believe the 7th is activated if Stuart signs. Stuart wanted to return to the west coast according to some.