The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Post by IanMoran »

TBH (even though I started this conversation with the Starkey twitter story), I really have no problem with either of them

I'm not saying they're legends, but I can listen to them
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I don't mind starkey. Seibel is just such a freakin masculine-marine man-homophobe that I get angry listening to him.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

agree with TLs sentiments. seibel is often inappropiate.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:agree with TLs sentiments. seibel is often inappropiate.

He's such a lame *** and always needs to like rush his stupid opinions into everything. Like last week they were talking about speed dating and he was "well, i wouldn't know cause I never had to do that?"
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Last night when Madden was pimping his show on Twitter with his SHOCKING Crosby contract demands, i told him hopefully its as shocking as his Jamie Dixon o LSU rumor. He shot back and me with "..or like my Sandusky sex scandal column 7 months before everything came to light. Im right more than I am wrong"

As if one had anything to do with the other.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

I've said this before... I listen to them a lot.. I still don't know which 1 is Siebel / which 1 is Starkey. I said that before on here and everyone was shocked, idk their voices sound similar to me. I view them as the same person

I know one complains about his injuries or something a lot, but idk which one it is.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

IanMoran wrote:I've said this before... I listen to them a lot.. I still don't know which 1 is Siebel / which 1 is Starkey. I said that before on here and everyone was shocked, idk their voices sound similar to me. I view them as the same person

I know one complains about his injuries or something a lot, but idk which one it is.
Yea I couldn't tell you which one was which either.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Last night when Madden was pimping his show on Twitter with his SHOCKING Crosby contract demands, i told him hopefully its as shocking as his Jamie Dixon o LSU rumor. He shot back and me with "..or like my Sandusky sex scandal column 7 months before everything came to light. Im right more than I am wrong"

As if one had anything to do with the other.
Madden just mentioned the story about Sandusky he read... he was never an "inside source." I read that too / texted my buddy from PSU about it then forgot about it.. It was published in a newspaper, just no one seemed to care. Then suddenly it EXPLODED

With Dixon / 99999 other things, Madden claims to be an "INSIDE SOURCE" which is quite annoying
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Last night when Madden was pimping his show on Twitter with his SHOCKING Crosby contract demands, .
Did he mention his demands? Is there any issues?

Not enough strippers in Pgh?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Malkamaniac wrote:
IanMoran wrote:I've said this before... I listen to them a lot.. I still don't know which 1 is Siebel / which 1 is Starkey. I said that before on here and everyone was shocked, idk their voices sound similar to me. I view them as the same person

Siebel is the one who can't get a sentence out without repeating the same word 3 times in row
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

newarenanow wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Last night when Madden was pimping his show on Twitter with his SHOCKING Crosby contract demands, .
He said the only issue is length. His rumor is something like 130 mil over 14 years.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
He said the only issue is length. His rumor is something like 130 mil over 14 years.
I would take that in a heartbeat if I were the Pens.

I always pictured Crosby only signing another 5 year deal.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

14 years for a guy with chronic concussions?

Look, I love Crosby as much as the next guy, but I've always believed his career wouldn't last beyond age 30.

Now if the rumors about the new CBA allowing for teams to have a "one time buyout" are true...
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

DudeMan2766 wrote:He said the only issue is length.
TWSS
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

ExPatriatePen wrote:14 years for a guy with chronic concussions?

Look, I love Crosby as much as the next guy, but I've always believed his career wouldn't last beyond age 30.

Now if the rumors about the new CBA allowing for teams to have a "one time buyout" are true...
You really think they're chronic? I think he had the first one and the mis-diagnosed his neck the entire time until they actually figured it out.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Malkamaniac wrote:

You really think they're chronic? I think he had the first one and the mis-diagnosed his neck the entire time until they actually figured it out.
Chronic is probably a bad choice of wording... The dude isn't a 6-4 behemoth though and in today's NHL I just don't see a guy like that lasting more than 10-12 years.

That's not a condemnation of his skills, lord no, it's just that he won't last another 14 years... I just can't see it.

But that's just this one mans opinion, y'all are certainly free to disagree.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Chronic is probably a bad choice of wording... The dude isn't a 6-4 behemoth though and in today's NHL I just don't see a guy like that lasting more than 10-12 years.

That's not a condemnation of his skills, lord no, it's just that he won't last another 14 years... I just can't see it.

But that's just this one mans opinion, y'all are certainly free to disagree.
I do agree as well that one of his worst attributes is his size for the game he plays. He plays way too big for his body.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

If Crosby wants 125 million over 14 years, i sign that without even flinching.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Bioshock wrote:If Crosby wants 125 million over 14 years, i sign that without even flinching.
Honestly I do too for the pure marketing aspect of it all. Him playing is a huge bonus.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I wouldn't say he has "chronic" head issues yet. Who knows going forward.

I could be wrong, and correct me if I am, but if he retires before the age of 35 and his contract does not go past that age, the cap hit goes away. If he is injured long term, insurance will pay him, and his cap hit goes away.

There is some risk with the Pens, but I don't think it's enough to not sign what is considered the best player in the world to a long term deal that would take him through his prime and beyond.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

I'm making a topic about this!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Talking PR in NHR. Its like the best of both worlds.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Sorry folks... That's why I dropped the discussion, even though I think NAN some good points worth persuing ;)
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Malkamaniac wrote:

One is concussed, other tore his Achille's tendon playing basketball.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Streaks House wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

One is concussed, other tore his Achille's tendon playing basketball.
aww see.. I thought the complaints of injury is how I could separate them.. apparently not even that