Devils or Kings?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Devils or Kings?

Post by pittsports87 »

Kings just because it would be the ultimate troll to the Flyers.
IMFC
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IMFC »

Seriously it's been so long since the last game that I've almost totally lost interest. I will say it's rare that there are so many playes and staff on both sides I really don't ever want to see win a cup.

Best case scenario? richards and carter get shut out (ZERO points, -15 between them) and kings still win. In spite of them not because of them.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

aside from them being a divisional opponent and the residual "trap" resentment, the devils are a more likable team across the board. and philly already forgot they have a hockey team, so no one's going to get too jammed up about the carter/richards thing - especially since both guys haven't been major contributors anyways.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm pulling for the Kings. I've just always been one where I root for a team that has never won a championship.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'm pulling for the Kings, but want to see a competitive series more than anything else.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I just want the Kings to decimate the Devils like they did every other team they've faced. This long break though bothers me.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Kings, Kings, a million times the Kings.

Scuderi Uber Alles.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

shmenguin wrote:especially since both guys haven't been major contributors anyways.
Mike Richards has been very good in these playoffs. Jeff Carter has been non-existant more or less, but Richards is playing very well at both ends of the ice.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Richards has been a PK machine for the Kings. Funny thing is that the Kings have been producing without much of Carter at all. Sooner or later I hope the guy starts putting some in.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

tjand72 wrote:If there's an NHL conspiracy to fabricate the best television ratings, then I must say that the league has failed miserably in its quest to bring in the most viewers....and I must agree with those who say that it would be stupid to root against the Devils to win the cup. They've escaped the East despite everyone saying they can't. They don't have much star power aside from Kovalchuk, and Brodeur is in the twilight of his career.

I hope to God that they win. They've earned it.

I'll say Good Luck to the Kings next year if/when the Pen are out of it, but not this year.
Hold on. Time out. The NHL has probably the 2nd best pair of teams as far as TV ratings go. They have both the NY and LA television markets. Only better of a ratings pull would be the if the Rangers were there instad of the Devils.

BTW, put me down for the Devils.

BEPF
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Devils make up only a small sliver of the New York market. Don't let the location fool you. Ratings will be fine, but they'd be a lot bigger if the Rangers were in it, certainly.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

mikey287 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:especially since both guys haven't been major contributors anyways.
Mike Richards has been very good in these playoffs. Jeff Carter has been non-existant more or less, but Richards is playing very well at both ends of the ice.
i think my expectations of richards were a little out of whack since i wasn't that familiar with his overall offensive decline since his philly golden years. but after looking at how his stats have trended recently, he's actually producing offense at a relatively good clip.
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

pittsports87 wrote:Kings just because it would be the ultimate troll to the Flyers.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

Carter hasn't been all that great but Richards has been sound in a lot of aspects. There is still a trap myth out there that simply isn't 100% true. Both these teams have been in some pretty exciting hockey games in the playoffs.

I think the Kings have more talent and should win but just rooting for fun games to watch. Lame I know but after round 1 there have been some good hockey games sans the rangers collapse defense.

Ps. How many recent ex pens had decent playoffs or didn't look as horrible as they did with us their last year? Fedetenko was killing penalties and scores a few big goals. Scuderi we all know, talbot, Sykora at points and a few more. Maybe it is us.....the system! Haha just kidding. Maybe.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Sykora was benched/scratched in the last series.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by duke66 »

no way can i ever root for a pens division rival to win the cup. just the way i see things as a fan. but as some have mentioned, i was appreciative the devils knocked off even bigger scum in philly and ny!

edit: kings in 6.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

GO KINGS!!!!
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Ed Snider said he's rooting for the Kings.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Pavel Bure wrote:Sykora was benched/scratched in the last series.
deboer must be jealous of sykora, just like HCDB was jealous of sykora
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

You know what's actually pretty funny about that? 3 Years later and we can see that Bylsma does in fact favor the tougher littler grinder guys. Sykora was right.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

mikey287 wrote:
JS© wrote:I was pulling for the Kings until I realized how much that the Kings have becomes Flyers West

Richards, Carter, John Stevens (former coach, now Asst Coach), Simon Gagne, Ron Hextall (VP/Asst GM)
Don't forget Justin Williams, that's 4 Flyers first round picks on the Kings roster.
I was thinking that Jason Williams was drafted by the Flyers and Justin Williams was undrafted.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

[youtube][/youtube]

I miss this goofy stuff~ miss all of it.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

SolidSnake wrote:Ed Snider said he's rooting for the Kings.
Yeah, most Flyers fans are as well. They still like Richards and want Gagne to win too, and hate NJD for beating them.

The "Philly troll" that would be LA winning is sort of a myth. Again, it also means John Stevens hoisting the cup. Do not want.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Well, of course Flyers fans are rooting for Los Angeles...they won't root for New Jersey because that's a rival (more a rival with them, than New Jersey is with us at least) - so right there, by default, they are rooting for Los Angeles. Sure it helps that their prodigal son is there, plus a fan favorite in Gagne and the last goaltender they've had (Hextall as ass't GM). The fact of the matter is, the players that the Flyers deemed weren't going to win with them are going to win against a team that the Flyers got slammed by...

Since trade trees seem to be all the rage...

We know what Richards and Carter got (Simmonds & Schenn; Voracek & Couturier - which is fine, good even)
But then there's...
Simon Gagne -> Matt Walker and a 4th (Walker has been repeatedly waived and stuff in the minors because he's horrible)
Justin Williams --(to Carolina)-> Danny Markov --(to Nashville)-> 3rd round pick --(to Los Angeles)-> (the 3rd round pick was paired with Jeremy Roenick for the Kings to take his salary)
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

This is the worst final I've seen in ages.
How these two teams made it to the final is beyond ludicrous. I've had to watch the kings all year (living here) and they couldn't beat the other seven eastern playoff teams in a 7 game series.

This series is utterly ridiculous.

I might have to turn on the nba to see some offense.