Devils or Kings?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Devils or Kings?

Post by pugilist13 »

So, who are you pulling for...or do you even care?

I'm going with LA. I like to see teams win it for the 1st time. Richards and Carter hoisting the cup would be the final dagger driven into the hearts of Cryer fans. I still hate both of those guys, but it would put a smile on my face.

Should be an entertaining series. Both teams playing great hockey. Proof positive once again that the regular season means little. Make the top 8 in the conference and go for it.
SirMario66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Devils or Kings?

Post by SirMario66 »

Devils
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Kings in 6.

Pierre: "Your leadership led the Kings to this championship, what words, if there are any, describe this moment."
Richards: "Thanks, my bald header lover. I would like to thank the Philadelphia organization for moving from that hell and allowing myself...and this man (hugs Jeff Carter) to win a championship."
Richards and Carter: "Screw you Philly. WOOOOOOOOOO!"

All 3 hug then disappear into the Staples Center....
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

just go the distance
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Actively hope that mike richards gets his hands on the stanley cup; nope , not happening!
Devils had me at winning 4 straight against the fly-boys. 8-)
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Kings.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

this thread needs a poll, and Kings.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I was pulling for the Kings until I realized how much that the Kings have becomes Flyers West

Richards, Carter, John Stevens (former coach, now Asst Coach), Simon Gagne, Ron Hextall (VP/Asst GM)
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

JS© wrote:I was pulling for the Kings until I realized how much that the Kings have becomes Flyers West

Richards, Carter, John Stevens (former coach, now Asst Coach), Simon Gagne, Ron Hextall (VP/Asst GM)
Just more to dig in Philly's craw. Go Kings. They may be Flyers West but New Jersey is New Jersey.

To each his own, but I personally don't understand how any long term Penguin or hockey fan in general could root for New Jersey. I hate that boring, sleazy franchise. Unlike the Flyers, I wouldn't even miss their rivalry if they up and disbanded.

...they did do me a solid by axing the Flyers and Rangers though.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

LA has always been my "2nd favorite team" since the Gretzky days....Go LA....
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I know of several 75ers fans rooting for the Kings as they are calling them Flyers West.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Corvidae wrote:Just more to dig in Philly's craw. Go Kings. They may be Flyers West but New Jersey is New Jersey.

To each his own, but I personally don't understand how any long term Penguin or hockey fan in general could root for New Jersey. I hate that boring, sleazy franchise. Unlike the Flyers, I wouldn't even miss their rivalry if they up and disbanded.

Good point.

If NJ wins, I wouldn't be mad seeing Hedberg and Sykora's name on the Cup. Read on twitter that this is Sykora's 6th appearance in the Cup Final in 12 years. :shock:
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

I think the Kings will win it but my wallet likes the Devils at +155.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

If there's an NHL conspiracy to fabricate the best television ratings, then I must say that the league has failed miserably in its quest to bring in the most viewers.

...and I must agree with those who say that it would be stupid to root against the Devils to win the cup. They've escaped the East despite everyone saying they can't. They don't have much star power aside from Kovalchuk, and Brodeur is in the twilight of his career.

I hope to God that they win. They've earned it.

I'll say Good Luck to the Kings next year if/when the Pen are out of it, but not this year.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

JS© wrote:I was pulling for the Kings until I realized how much that the Kings have becomes Flyers West

Don't forget Justin Williams, that's 4 Flyers first round picks on the Kings roster.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

Ex-Flyers aside, I'll root for the Kings in the Finals because of Rob Scuderi.

Do it again
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShaPe »

Kings and Scuderi!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Are they going to play this series or what?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Anybody but has-been Brodeur and the Devils. Even if that means looking at the smug and stupid faces of Richards, Carter and Penner hoisting the Cup.

Dustin Brown can probably strap all of those losers on his back for another series and I think the Kings get rid of the Devils in about 5. Quick(and most NHL goaltenders) are better than Brodeur and LA is at the top of the game right now. This might even be a sweep.

NJ is playing some great hockey right now, but so was PHX before running into the Kings. From top to bottom, LA has a LOT more talent, even when some of it doesn't always show up, but they are all on the same page so far and I think they steamroll the Devils.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I want the Kings to win. Am just happy that I like both remaining teams.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PghSkins wrote:Are they going to play this series or what?
Came here to say the same thing. WTF was the point of waiting so long? The Kings basically got their off season in before the Cup.

Sometimes the NHL does a great job promoting the sport and sometimes they just make no sense. There were a ton of people who were amped up about hockey here in Phoenix, even after the Yotes lost. After waiting over a week since they watched the Kings win, how many people who got into the hoopla here are now over it? Probably most of them. Dumb.

I'm ambivalent to who wins. I have minor annoyances towards both teams, but there isn't enough to make me care one way or the others.

Regardless of outcome, doesn't this series guarantee the lowest seed to ever win the Cup?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

bhaw wrote:
Regardless of outcome, doesn't this series guarantee the lowest seed to ever win the Cup?
Yes. Devils hold the current distinction, winning it as the 5th seed in 1995.
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

The NHL announced prior to Rangers-Devils Game 6 that SCF Game 1 was going to be Wednesday night (Old Versus was running promos throughout the game saying this exact same thing). NHL had to secure the Rock for that night (no Sean Connery or Nicolas Cage involved) and if the Rangers-Devils went 7, then at least the East rep would have 2 days off before Game 1. I kind of like it where both teams have some time off. That way, there's no excuses in Game 1 about being tired, roughed-up, whatever.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I'm not sure who I want to win...probably a slight preference for LA. I do think, though, that LA will win. From the games I have seen from them in these playoffs, they are almost playing mistake-free hockey. They have enough talent that eventually someone like Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, etc. makes a play, they get a goal, and then Quick just closes up shop (he's been phenomenal in the games I've seen). I don't think Brodeur can outplay Quick, and I don't think the Devils enough of an edge in offensive firepower (or any edge, really) to overcome that difference in net.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

JS© wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Just more to dig in Philly's craw. Go Kings. They may be Flyers West but New Jersey is New Jersey.

Good point.

If NJ wins, I wouldn't be mad seeing Hedberg and Sykora's name on the Cup. Read on twitter that this is Sykora's 6th appearance in the Cup Final in 12 years. :shock:
Apparently a lot of Flyers fans are rooting for Carter and Richards. And Stevens will always be a huge turd. I think I'm actually rooting for Jersey. No one on that team or staff I hate. Can't say the same for LA. Parise doesn't dive like Brown, I respect Kovalchuk's resurgence, and want to see Hedberg win a cup.