CBC's ridiculous idea to placate female non hockey fans

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

CBC's ridiculous idea to placate female non hockey fans

Post by llipgh2 »

This is the stupidest thing ever. It's an insult to women that love hockey, and a pathetic attempt to pander to those who don't. If they don't like hockey, they will probably be doing something else while their b/fs or husbands watch the game.

And there is no such thing as a "Sex in the City meets ESPN" mindset. Those 2 women seem like morons.

Oh, "WhiletheMenWatch"? Seriously?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/ ... MI.twitter
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: CBC's ridiculous idea to placate female non hockey fans

Post by Gaucho »

Truly pathetic.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I thought it was going to be Don Cherry wearing a Speedo on Coach's Corner.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

columbia wrote:I thought it was going to be Don Cherry wearing a Speedo on Coach's Corner.
I said insulting. This would cause people to gouge their eyes out and get shock therapy to forget the image.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

llipgh2 wrote:
columbia wrote:I thought it was going to be Don Cherry wearing a Speedo on Coach's Corner.
I said insulting. This would cause people to gouge their eyes out and get shock therapy to forget the image.
Grapes nick had to start somewhere ? :pop: 8-)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i agree with this.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/05/2 ... -overblown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The issue of stereotyping is a tough one, but the fact is that anything that has a 'target audience' is stereotyping to some degree. If the target market is 18-24-year-old males, certain assumptions are going to be made. If the target market is middle-aged housewives, different assumptions are going to be made. And if the target market is people who don't normally watch hockey but whose significant others do, they're going to make other assumptions about what those people would rather be talking about and listening to. This is simply a reality of marketing: any assumption of a broad swath of people will involve stereotypes. The hardcore female hockey fans that are upset about While the Men Watch are not the show's demographic. They don't fit the stereotype that CBC is aiming for with their target audience for the show
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

penny lane wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
Grapes nick had to start somewhere ? :pop: 8-)

:shock: :pop:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

It doesn't really do much for those of us ladies that are hardcore fans and does us no favors, but I could see how the puck bunny crowd would be on board with it. Case in point: their "7 Phrases to Yell Out if You Don’t Follow Hockey" article has a picture of the Kardashians at a sports game. :face:

I'll give them credit that they know their fashion: Crosby's on the best dressed list, Ovie's on the worst.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

littlemoonboot wrote:It doesn't really do much for those of us ladies that are hardcore fans and does us no favors, but I could see how the puck bunny crowd would be on board with it. Case in point: their "7 Phrases to Yell Out if You Don’t Follow Hockey" article has a picture of the Kardashians at a sports game. :face:

I'll give them credit that they know their fashion: Crosby's on the best dressed list, Ovie's on the worst.
I'm fully aware that there are many knowledgable female hockey fans out there like yourself lmb, but puck bunny's are unlike anything I"ve ever seen. I fear for you those kinds have put you ladies at a major disadvantage and there really is no getting over that stigma if you're a female that likes hockey. Even this girl I work with, she watches EVERY pens game, a lot of non-pens hockey, and knows the players and the game. We discuss line matchups and that stuff at work sometimes. But if I so much as mention Malkin made a bad play or took a dumb penalty she turns into "DONT U DARE SAY THAT HE DID NOT CUZ OMG IM GOING TO MARRY HIM!!"