LET'S GO YOTES!

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: LET'S GO YOTES!

Post by meecrofilm »

Scuds city.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

LA all the way!!!!

J. Quick honestly is playing out of his mind. When was the last time a 8th seed got this far.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

'06 Oilers i think.

the Kings could go into the finals beating the top 3 seeds in the conference, and the rangers could get there after beating the bottom 3.

Kings win cup, beat 1,2,3,1
Rangers: 8,7,6,8
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

I've always despised Mike Richards. But living in SoCal and watching a lot of Kings games I've got to admit that Richards has been incredible this year for the Kings. The Kings certainly dont make the playoffs without him. He's been an absolute beast this year in the playoffs as well. Richards, Brown and Kopitar have been amazing in the playoffs this year. Very solid defensively, great goaltending, and timely goal scoring. They've got a great chance!
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

And as good as Richards has been, is how bad Carter is. Carter is a bum. No heart, no grit, and no hands in the playoffs. Best move the Philthys ever made was getting rid of that ass hat
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
I was ambivalent about this series but after watching Mike Smith take that cheap shot at Dustin Brown last night it's Kings all the way!!!!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

SteelCityFan wrote:And as good as Richards has been, is how bad Carter is. Carter is a bum. No heart, no grit, and no hands in the playoffs. Best move the Philthys ever made was getting rid of that ass hat
His shoulder and ankle have been hurt on and off all year. The great thing about LA, is that everyone aside from him is scoring. Him scoring tonight though was the winner in the deal.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

count2infinity wrote:The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.

'91 North Stars would have been an 8 seed under the current format.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

CERV96 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:The '06 oilers are the only 8 seed to ever make it to the SCF.

'91 North Stars would have been an 8 seed under the current format.
1991 North Stars had 68 points in an 80-game season where point total was not inflated by OTL extra points. In an 82-game season, that translates to 68*82/80 = 69.7 points.

Taking OTL into consideration (a team earns the extra OTL point roughly every 8th game), their OTL-adjusted point total would be 69.7 + 82*(1/8) = 80 points in an 82-game season.

So, 1991 North Stars would have been roughly a 13 or 14 seed under the current format, making their historic run in 1991 even more remarkable.
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

shoeshine boy wrote:Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
I was ambivalent about this series but after watching Mike Smith take that cheap shot at Dustin Brown last night it's Kings all the way!!!!
Yeah, Carter has scored in 2 out of the Kings 12 post season games so far. He's on fire... :roll:

By the way, did you see his hat trick? He fanned on his first goal, had the second goal bounce off his foot and go in, then put home a rebound on a 5 on 3 power play. Not exactly firing laser beams....
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by duke66 »

shmenguin wrote:I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.
other than he played for philthy.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

shmenguin wrote:I don't get why people are so worked up about carter. I don't recall him doing a single unsavory thing against the pens over the years. He's a pretty classy dude, actually. I get it if you don't love his game, but there's nothing hate worthy about the guy.
He cried about having to play in C-bus. Dick move. Professionals play no matter where they are.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by 71Aj66ax87 »

shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

MRandall25 wrote:
He cried about having to play in C-bus. Dick move. Professionals play no matter where they are.
i guess i'll have to qualify my statement...he's classy - on the ice.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Carter gets rapped because his compete level is questionable. He probably has the best wrist shot in the NHL, even better than Semin's. The problem with him is that he's kind of soff and doesn't always give 100%. When he gets hot, he's insane, but he can be discouraged and then he's kind of useless. He can disappear when the going gets tough. Until the other night's eruption, he had been a passenger on the LA Express Train through the playoffs.

The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

brwi wrote:The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.

can't argue with the results, though :lol:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

[youtube][/youtube]
SteelCityFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SteelCityFan »

brwi wrote:Carter gets rapped because his compete level is questionable. He probably has the best wrist shot in the NHL, even better than Semin's. The problem with him is that he's kind of soff and doesn't always give 100%. When he gets hot, he's insane, but he can be discouraged and then he's kind of useless. He can disappear when the going gets tough. Until the other night's eruption, he had been a passenger on the LA Express Train through the playoffs.

The whining about being traded and playing in columbus didn't help his "image" too much. Waaah.
Spot on!
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

SteelCityFan wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:Mr No-Hands had a hat trick last night. might want to take that one back......
Yeah, Carter has scored in 2 out of the Kings 12 post season games so far. He's on fire... :roll:

By the way, did you see his hat trick? He fanned on his first goal, had the second goal bounce off his foot and go in, then put home a rebound on a 5 on 3 power play. Not exactly firing laser beams....
90% of scoring goals is being in the right place at the right time. Carter was there and that was the important part. in 13 playoff games he's had 4 goals and 3 assists. respectable for the post-season against some very tough opponents. now, I am not a fan of Carter. I thought his behavior/whining Columbus was pathetic but you can't deny the fact that since his arrival the Kings have been on fire.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I don't hate on Carter. I wouldn't want to play in Columbus either. People just look for reasons to hate specific players.