Quick no.1 goalie in league?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Quick no.1 goalie in league?

Post by Pens4Life »

This guy impresses me from game to game.. Right now,he is probably goalie no.1 in NHL!? Kings have a really good team chemistry right now and they could go all the way.. Balanced offense,good defense,great goalie..
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Quick no.1 goalie in league?

Post by littlemoonboot »

They sure got white hot and clicking on all cylinders at just the right time. Over in 5, over in 4, now just 2 games from the finals? Daaaaaaaaang! Enjoyed the Alice Cooper interview on NHL.com :) even though things aren't looking so great for his Yotes right now.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

No Kopitar mention? I'm shocked
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

He's come along way since playing for Reading of the ECHL. A great example of why you don't rush goalies into the NHL.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Its not like they even took their time with him. He was a starter at 23.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Idoit40fans wrote:Its not like they even took their time with him. He was a starter at 23.
That's still "taking their time" compared to the Pens with Fleury, Canadiens with Price, Blue Jackets with Mason, and so on.

I'm a big believer in goalies not becoming NHL starters until their mid-20, btw. It gives them time to refine their technique, and to develop their mental game.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Schreibdog's picks trophy is mine :pop:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Kings have marched through the 1st, 2nd and now the 3rd seeds in their conference. They just tied the Islanders for the most amount of road playoff wins undefeated with 7. What they are doing is remarkable.

I don't see anyone in the east beating LA this year.

Good for them....
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

tfrizz wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Its not like they even took their time with him. He was a starter at 23.
That's still "taking their time" compared to the Pens with Fleury, Canadiens with Price, Blue Jackets with Mason, and so on.

I'm a big believer in goalies not becoming NHL starters until their mid-20, btw. It gives them time to refine their technique, and to develop their mental game.
That's the big difference between him and the other goalies you mentioned. The kings didn't hand him anything. He had to fight his way through the ranks to get where he is, which has made his mental game that much better. Look at this series with the Yotes. After the Morris goal, Quick put up his wall and didn't let it bother him. And the Kings are feeding off his confidence.
Fleury, Price, and Mason were all handed the keys to the NHL club without properly developing the mental side of the position.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

tfrizz wrote:

Agree with this. Not unlike pitchers in baseball. The stuff that worked at the last level just doesn't translate to the bigs.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by interstorm »

tfrizz wrote:

...yes - we should have given fleury more time in the minors. we'll never win the cup with him...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'm not sure that he's saying Fleury was rushed, just that he was up here almost immediately.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm not sure that he's saying Fleury was rushed, just that he was up here almost immediately.
"not soon enough" -eddie olczyk
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I'm not sure that he's saying Fleury was rushed, just that he was up here almost immediately.
Dang, I was going to post an Eddie O joke...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

llipgh2 wrote:
canaan wrote:
Dang, I was going to post an Eddie O joke...
There's 6 players on the ice, 1 2 3 4 5 6, therefore it's too many men on the ice or stop right in front of the net.