GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by Pitt87 »

Shyster wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:I like beer in cans in the summer. I feel like they get warm slower because the light doesn't hit the beer, plus if you're into camping or canoeing or other outdoor stuff, its easy to 'pack out' crushed cans than empty bottles. Sly Fox has a very nice Pils, 21st Amendment has a good black lager, and Oskar Blues has a really excellent sampler with 4(x6) varieties.
Lancaster's Kolsch comes in cans and makes a nice beer for hot weather as well. It's available May to September, so it should be on the shelves now. I picked up a case last year and found it quite enjoyable. At 4.8% ABV, it makes a nice session beer as well.
Available in Western PA? I picked up a sixer once at Wegmans in State College...
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Pitt87 wrote:Available in Western PA? I picked up a sixer once at Wegmans in State College...
The place I shop at (Save on Beer on McKnight Road) always has plenty of Lancaster stuff, and that's where I bought the Kolsch last year.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Leinenkugle Summer Shandy I love it
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

I thought this was a beer thread, not a glorified wine cooler bro...

... Kidding.

... Sort of...
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

There is a long and noble tradition of fruit-flavored beers. See, for example, Berliner Weisse, which is frequently served with flavored syrups. Raspberry and woodruff (red and green in color, respectively) are two of the more common ones used. In his World Guide to Beer Michael Jackson said that many breweries of Berliner Weisse advertised their beers using images of traffic lights, as you could order the beer in red, yellow, or green.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

I'm aware that fruit-flavored beer has long existed and that there are a number of solid representations. I just don't believe Summer Shandy is one of them.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

eddysnake wrote:had some brooklyn lager, brown and pennant ales this weekend, all were excellent
Brooklyn Lager is quite excellent, if it's on tap where I am I don't pick anything else.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Inspired by the summer beer discussion, I stopped by House of 1000 Beers again tonight to pick up some stuff to commemorate the end of the semester. I got the Ommegang Hennepin and Dogfishhead Namaste as my "cheap" bottles and got the Russian River Supplication and Cuvee des Jacobins (an actual Belgian recommended by the guy at the store based on my purchase of Supplication) as my more expensive bottles. I don't think I've had a saison before, so I'm excited to try the Hennepin.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Oh my. I'll be over in a minute with my snifter! What a successful shopping trip.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

pfim wrote:
eddysnake wrote:had some brooklyn lager, brown and pennant ales this weekend, all were excellent
Brooklyn Lager is quite excellent, if it's on tap where I am I don't pick anything else.

Brooklyn Lager is on tap at Barleys & Hops at the moment if you're in the area
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ad@m »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb ... 00513.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow!!!
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

"Yes, Sir, we were able to track them down after we started to trail the missing trailer full of limes".

No Pinatas were hurt during the raid, by the way...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Picked up a mix pack of Harpoon beers. Had their dark Muchin style last night. Tastes almost like the dark beer at Haufbrau House.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I love the Harpoon Munich dark. /csb
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

That looks very tasty.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Has anyone ever visited the Stoudt's Brewery? I had no idea it was as close to me as it is, and it looks like a really cool brewpub. There is something to be said being within easy driving distance of Victory, Dogfish Head, Stoudt, etc.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

shafnutz05 wrote:Has anyone ever visited the Stoudt's Brewery? I had no idea it was as close to me as it is, and it looks like a really cool brewpub. There is something to be said being within easy driving distance of Victory, Dogfish Head, Stoudt, etc.
I haven't been in over 10 years, but went to a few brewfests back in the day. Very fun. Very rural/barn-y from what I remember, but I'm sure they've changed a bit.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Sitting here in La Jolla sipping a "Tower Ten IPA" from Carl Strauss.

Not bad, but it hasn't dethroned DogFish Head IPA 60 from its perch above all other IPAs
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'd like to visit Dogfish Head brewery... from what i've read, they put a bunch of experimental brews on tap and if the customers like them, they send them out in bottles.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

count2infinity wrote:I'd like to visit Dogfish Head brewery... from what i've read, they put a bunch of experimental brews on tap and if the customers like them, they send them out in bottles.
It's only about a four hour road trip for you.... What's holding you back? :)
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

graduate school...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Sitting here in La Jolla sipping a "Tower Ten IPA" from Carl Strauss.

Not bad, but it hasn't dethroned DogFish Head IPA 60 from its perch above all other IPAs
You do realize that you can go surfing right there?
http://www.lajollasurf.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Sitting here in La Jolla sipping a "Tower Ten IPA" from Carl Strauss.

You do realize that you can go surfing right there?
http://www.lajollasurf.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, there's so much to do out here. I feel really really old. 10 years ago I'd have surfed, run, biked, rollerblades etc.... Now I'm just drinking beer and surfing the net from high above the pacific...

My advice... Get off yer AZZes youngsters and embrace life while you still have the fitness and energy ;)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It's never too late, bro. :fist:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:I'd like to visit Dogfish Head brewery... from what i've read, they put a bunch of experimental brews on tap and if the customers like them, they send them out in bottles.
Yeah, we meant to go down last month but couldn't go. Will definitely be visiting, although not sure if I want to visit during beach season.