Holmgren says...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Holmgren says...

Post by marek »

He expects salary cap to go up to 69mil next season... Lol... He'd better hope so!
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Holmgren says...

Post by darkstar57 »

he will be using all his cap space to sign another goalie
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I am sure Bryz will settle down next season.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Of Ilya, Holmgren said, his job is to stop pucks, not be comedy central.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

penny lane wrote:Of Ilya, Holmgren said, his job is to stop pucks, not be comedy central.
I just don't see how that's going to turn out for either party. I mean, goalies are notoriously strange but that guy takes it to another level.
I remember watching 24/7 and there was that scene where Bryz was stuck eating at a table by himself cause nobody wanted to be near him, and that was when he was pretty fresh on the scene... I can't even imagine how alienated he might potentially feel now that he has become the scapegoat for the team losing to NJ.

I kinda feel bad for the guy... oh well bryz... money isn't everything.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

marek wrote:He expects salary cap to go up to 69mil next season... Lol... He'd better hope so!
No one even really knows if there will be a next season, nor what they will do with BS contracts Holmgren has been signing all over the place, so if Paul Holmgren said that the sky was blue, I would still go outside and check his source.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

based on teh comments i have been reading holgrem sounds like a D-----B-G.

to succeed ina media market you really need an outgoing personality to deal with media. Look at Lundquist, the NY media eats his stuff up even when they lose, he has rarely been the scape goat in the media
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Holmgren was a total genius here when the Flyers were beating the hell out of the Pens and eliminating them, now he's a moron again? Maybe he's somewhere in between. Trading away your Captain in Richards and regular season stud Carter while losing Pronger and still having a successful season is nothing to sneeze at. He makes his share of blunders too, but he's not nearly the worst GM in the NHL these days and is getting better results than some other media darlings like Brian Burke. I won't even talk about Columbus.

Everything I have read for several months suggests the salary cap will be raised to approximately 69mil unless the NHL gets the NHLPA to suck it some and drop their revenue sharing down a little. I'm thinking 69mil it is.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

marek wrote:
penny lane wrote:Of Ilya, Holmgren said, his job is to stop pucks, not be comedy central.
I just don't see how that's going to turn out for either party. I mean, goalies are notoriously strange but that guy takes it to another level.
I remember watching 24/7 and there was that scene where Bryz was stuck eating at a table by himself cause nobody wanted to be near him, and that was when he was pretty fresh on the scene... I can't even imagine how alienated he might potentially feel now that he has become the scapegoat for the team losing to NJ.

I kinda feel bad for the guy... oh well bryz... money isn't everything.

I wondered about the 24/7 thing too. I am hoping that it was because the guys just didn't want the cameras on all of them because Bryz was suddenly a big hit that week. I still like him. Just hate his team, so it's hard to wish him that much success.

Oh well "be heppeh", Bryz.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

It's a "what have you done for me lately" league. And right now, the Flyers have lost 6 of their last 8 playoff games.

Their GM - mixed results. Some nice moves getting those stiffs out of Philly and replacing them with some Pens killers - but the Pronger & Bryz deals are really bad I think.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Steve wrote:It's a "what have you done for me lately" league. And right now, the Flyers have lost 6 of their last 8 playoff games.

Their GM - mixed results. Some nice moves getting those stiffs out of Philly and replacing them with some Pens killers - but the Pronger & Bryz deals are really bad I think.
Those stiffs who are currently dominating the western conference post season right now?
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Molinari had an article today where the GM's were told to sign their players and assume the Cap was going to 69 million.

Fingers crossed.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

pens2005 wrote:
Steve wrote:It's a "what have you done for me lately" league. And right now, the Flyers have lost 6 of their last 8 playoff games.

Those stiffs who are currently dominating the western conference post season right now?
Yes, the stiffs that partied (or whatever) their way out of Philly. You may want to check the Kings roster, they are loaded - not to mention these guys are playing in front of a real goalie now.

Richards has been real good in the playoffs, at least from what I've seen so far - maybe less pressure now that he's not the captain, and other guys like Brown & Kopitar can carry the load. Carter has been somewhat quiet until tonight. The trades are going to work out well for both of them I think.