Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by Streaks House »

I wonder what #JagrWatch would have been like if Jagr had a Twitter account at the time? :shock: :scared:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Batman!!

[youtube][/youtube]

Cake:

[youtube][/youtube]
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

So did Jagr take any shots at the Pens organisation or the boing fans after the eliminiation of the Penguins in the playoffs?
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Lesky wrote:So did Jagr take any shots at the Pens organisation or the boing fans after the eliminiation of the Penguins in the playoffs?
Otherwise I have to say there was nothing overly personal for me in the series with the Penguins, although there was some talk to that effect. There were quite a few questions; it had already started last summer, when I signed the contract with the Flyers. However, it wasn’t a crucial issue for me ….

A few journalists had asked me about it in the beginning of the season – they wanted to know why I hadn’t signed with the Penguins, although they were interested in me. I kept telling them I didn’t think the level of their interest had been as high as the Penguins’ representatives had claimed it to be.

After all, even some journalists wrote something like that during the playoffs, because they found out how it had happened and were was the truth. However, I didn’t care, I knew very well what had happened, and my conscience was clear. I didn’t need arguing with anybody through newspapers.

In any case, it’s a thing of the past now, and I’m not dwelling on it any more. And maybe what happened was for the better. This is destiny. If there had been more interest on the part of Pittsburgh, I might have gone there. And perhaps the season would have been over for me now.... Everything has its reasons.
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blogy-red ... -lose.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Long Jagr article, where he talks about

- the importance of religion in his life
"People might think I am crazy," Jagr said in a wide-ranging interview last week. "Everything in life is energy. [Albert] Einstein said it best: Energy will disappear if you transfer it to other things. If I go to church, my head is burning. It's on fire. I feel like my head is hooked up to electric steam. I feel it in my head right away, as soon as I walk in.
- his exercise
After the usual hourlong skate, Jagr returns to the locker room to put on a 40-pound weighted vest and two ankle weights on his skates to go skate until his legs burn.

"When I came into the league with Pittsburgh, I liked to work out, but I didn't know how to work out," Jagr said. "Paul Coffey told me, 'You're going to do everything I do.'

"You should have seen those crazy bastards working after games and practices. It was sick how they worked. [Ulf] Samuelsson, Kevin Stevens, Rick Tocchet, Coffey. They were all insane."

To hear him explain it, Jagr's body has developed an internal voice. He knows his body's limits and when to back off.

"Most people think when you are tired, you take a rest," Jagr said. "Coffey was the one who taught me, when you're tired, that's when you've got to work harder. Since your body is tired, you aren't used to that. You'll raise the level and next time your body won't be tired.

"After the game, I'm just investing myself for next game. Sometimes, it's [bleeping] tough to do that."
- mentoring of Giroux

- why he is still not married

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... ?viewAll=y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Hate him or love him, he has interesting thoughts.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I don't mind Jagr. In fact, I cheer for him more than I jeer him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

My feelings towards Jagr are positive.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

@tpanotchCSN: listening to Jagr today, i have doubts on him re-signing; seemed unhappy in his role at the end and losing top line...
Via Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly

Shocking revelation
Last edited by Streaks House on Thu May 10, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

$2M a year...You know what to do, RS.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

columbia wrote:$2M a year...You know what to do, RS.
Start the rumors
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

So, over/under 2 weeks before Rossi starts "speculating"?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Streaks House wrote:
So, over/under 2 weeks before Rossi starts "speculating"?
I'd say in about 17 minutes.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Streaks House wrote:
@tpanotchCSN: listening to Jagr today, i have doubts on him re-signing; seemed unhappy in his role at the end and losing top line...
Via Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly

Shocking revelation
Dying alive! :scared:

:lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Jagr wrote:I'd love to finish my career with Pittsburgh. They gave me everything and I owe them lots. Hopefully they will call me soon
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Jagr wrote:I'd love to finish my career with Pittsburgh. They gave me everything and I owe them lots. Hopefully they will call me soon
Ray Shero wrote:Ehhh no thanks
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Malkamaniac wrote:

:lol:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Give it three weeks or so. It'll happen. His agent team will leak information about it.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Give it three weeks or so. It'll happen. His agent team will leak information about it.
I think the whole signing circus has destroyed whatever good will the Pens' had left for Jagr.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

llipgh2 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Give it three weeks or so. It'll happen. His agent team will leak information about it.
I think the whole signing circus has destroyed whatever good will the Pens' had left for Jagr.
i just don't think shero wanted to sign jagr because he didn't think he fit what we needed. if you need a squire you don't get the one of the greatest circle ever to play way past his prime. you get a square.

the media and the fan are the ones who made it a circus. Jagr's agent tried to use it to get other teams interested and he failed (i can't fault him for that, if there is media attention on my client i am using it to my advantage to try to leverage a betterdeal, he just sucked at it)

The pens said you will get 2 mil from us and this will be your role on the team . he wasn't interested shero wasn't going to sweeten the pot so we pulled the deal and both went our seperate ways, end of story, fans again make it a media cirus

i do believe that jagr would like to finish is career as a pen, but i really don't see how he fits into the line esp if you want to move staal into the top 6
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Jagr made it clear today that he felt that he would have been better for #Flyers this season if Lavy had given him more ice time -- Randy Miller (@RandyJMiller)
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Make it happen RS
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Ray Shero wrote:Ehhh no thanks
Ken Holland wrote:Ditto
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Get Lesky warmed up!

Jagr watch to come back next year!!!!!!!!
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Has the airplane landed yet?
Can we get a tracker on that?