I'm digging it.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I'm digging it.

Post by nocera »

to be honest, i just like this format better. there are so many more things you can do with it that you can't do with the old one. i know this isnt the first time you've contemplated changing formats, but if you go for the change, i'll be with you. also i like that you can see who's currently online.

plus this board is a bit harder for trolls to overtake. especially if you set up a few moderators, give the nod to a couple seasoned vets.

also, i'm banned over at the "real" board. what's up with that?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hey have you all noticed that nobody has insulted anybody yet? Cool cool cool. keep the respect flowing folks.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I like this board format because you need to have a user name. If someone wants to waste their time acquiring new emails for new usernames, let them.

It isn't very hard to see unique posting styles for each member.
yeltzen

Post by yeltzen »

Bowser wrote:I like this board format because you need to have a user name. If someone wants to waste their time acquiring new emails for new usernames, let them.

It isn't very hard to see unique posting styles for each member.
Plus, when someone gets banned, it bans their IP permanently.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bowser wrote:If someone wants to waste their time acquiring new emails for new usernames, let them.
There are ways to block free e-mails and to have all new accounts approved manually. ;)
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

RJ - not a bad idea blocking free email services.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bowser wrote:RJ - not a bad idea blocking free email services.
Except it keeps some regulars out initially. (Stacey, etc.) I'll allow them for a bit and then close them off.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Bowser »

I think that's a fair way to do it but do we really need Stacey? j/k stacey
yeltzen

Post by yeltzen »

I use a free e-mail service (gmail.com) but I don't think it should be included in the blocked e-mail services.
GMail makes you give them your cell number and they text you an activation code, so you can only get one unless you have multiple cells.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

This is VERY Nice, much better than the old setup. Things are so much cleaner to look at.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

yeltzen wrote:I use a free e-mail service (gmail.com) but I don't think it should be included in the blocked e-mail services.
GMail makes you give them your cell number and they text you an activation code, so you can only get one unless you have multiple cells.
I haven't decide on gmail. It'll probably be allowed. However, once you're in, you're in. Only future sign-ups will be blocked.
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

fourtKNOX

Post by fourtKNOX »

gmail... should stay... haha im a poor man i cant afford anything but free hahah... pppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaalease
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er

Works well

Post by tluke53 »

The new board takes a little time to get used to, but seems to have a few more features than the old board.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Peter wrote:Hey have you all noticed that nobody has insulted anybody yet? Cool cool cool. keep the respect flowing folks.

shutup amish-boy. get back into your hole. :P
Stacey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Stacey »

Hey! Now I know I haven't been around much lately, but I don't like not being able to post when I want to.....especially to defend myself. LOL :-p

Thanks for finally letting me in, RJ. The bananas are in the mail.
Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Judy »

Nice! I like it RJ! And if it keeps out the trolls, all the better! :D

Stacey? Did you return Andy yet? I hear his wife can kick some serious butt. :roll:
Stacey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Stacey »

Judy wrote:Nice! I like it RJ! And if it keeps out the trolls, all the better! :D

Stacey? Did you return Andy yet? I hear his wife can kick some serious butt. :roll:
I ain't afraid of her :twisted: