I may be moving to Philadelphia...

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

I may be moving to Philadelphia...

Post by Ginger »

That took me over an hour just to type! The weeping & the gnashing of teeth!
Greg wants to move back east.

Family board I know... Image
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

My condolences :P

Now seriously, if you have to move, good luck, and happy house hunting. Just make sure you keep posting.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Ginger, explain to him that there are plenty of places out east that are NOT Philly. :lol:

Look on the bright side though. If you don move there, you're only a 5 hour (give or take) weekend roadtrip from seeing the Pens! :D
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

netwolf wrote:Ginger, explain to him that there are plenty of places out east that are NOT Philly. :lol:

Look on the bright side though. If you don move there, you're only a 5 hour (give or take) weekend roadtrip from seeing the Pens! :D
Ahh, but so many other opportunities as well. @ Philly, NYR, NYI, Bos, Hart...er... nevermind.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

netwolf wrote:Ginger, explain to him that there are plenty of places out east that are NOT Philly. :lol:

That's the only thing that's getting me thru' it, believe me! I keep thinking 300 miles to the Burgh, & not too far from WBS & Reading & there's always the Flyers. No, no, no, not to cheer for, but they play teams that I do cheer...I just have to learn how to duck cups of beer. :P

Also, a bit further afield is the Devils, the Isles, the Rangers & back to that big city full of things to do...NYC.
I sure will miss my Wranglers tho'. :(
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Ginger wrote:o duck cups of beer. :P

Also, a bit further afield is the Devils, the Isles, the Rangers & back to that big city full of things to do...NYC.
I sure will miss my Wranglers tho'. :(
Ginger, you forgot to mention that the Caps will only be a few hours away. :-)
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

Just keep thinking, "Vegas in August."

It will make leaving very easy :D
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

BtW Ginger, that's what you get for marrying a gypsy. :-) :-)

I know, I've lived on LI six years now and that's the longest I've been in one place in 30 years.

It is nice though to move around a bit, sure does give you a different perspective on lifestyles around the country.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

ExPatriatePen wrote:BtW Ginger, that's what you get for marrying a gypsy. :-) :-)

I know, I've lived on LI six years now and that's the longest I've been in one place in 30 years.

It is nice though to move around a bit, sure does give you a different perspective on lifestyles around the country.
Gypsy - transit builder; close. :D
The longest I've lived anywhere in my whole life is the 8 years I was in Pittsburgh. But I did love NY when I lived there before & this will put me pretty close to that fine city too. And I didn't think about the Caps i.e. Ovechkin...okay, okay; so maybe I initially over-reacted.
It's so hard following all these teams...lol!

MCM says:
Just keep thinking, "Vegas in August."

It will make leaving very easy Very Happy
I have thought of that & do keep reminding myself about those 120+ temps. That's the big plus about getting out of here. But there's so many other fun things to do here that I'll miss if....oh well!
:(
I will focus on the playoffs starting for everyone this week & think about moving tomorrow.
Wranglers meet the Utah Gorilla...er Grizzlies April 10!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Gypsy? I thought he was a lumberjack? :?:
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Good luck over there! You can also go to Phantoms games, which should be cool. At least you'll be closer to the Burgh!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

jimjom wrote:Good luck over there! You can also go to Phantoms games, which should be cool. At least you'll be closer to the Burgh!
I keep telling myself that. I'm looking for the good side in all of this. Moving is a killer, especially when you do it over thousands of miles & a year apart. But I have to look at it from a hockey sense. That'll work!

netwolf said:
Gypsy? I thought he was a lumberjack?
That was an old Karsh joke; "The lumberjack & the exotic dancer"...lol! He was too kind.
Right now I'd like to hit him with a piece of lumber tho', does that count?

His job is actually going to large metropolitan areas & setting up public transit; els, subways & lightrail, etc.
He's done Disney World, Dallas, NJ, Vancouver, LA, bits of NYC, Boston & now Vegas. And he's worked on the Philly cars & system before which is why they are trying to woo him back.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Kudos to you for looking at the bright side, plus it seems as if you have moving down to a science and look at is a fact of life. Last year, I moved 5 blocks and it was a tremendous pain that took me a month plus to plan!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

jimjom wrote:Kudos to you for looking at the bright side, plus it seems as if you have moving down to a science and look at is a fact of life. Last year, I moved 5 blocks and it was a tremendous pain that took me a month plus to plan!
With exception to Pittsburgh, I move on average about every three & a half years. I really hate the whole thing but don't have much choice. This is the shortest I've been somewhere. I've only been in Vegas a year & a half.

'Course there is always divorce...Image
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I just moved to Philly from the Burgh in December. I'm going to the game on the 11th, and plan on attending some Phillie-Pirate games.

I'd like to go to the Steeler - Eagles preseason game too.

Next year I plan on going to some WBS - Phantom games and every Penguin - Flyer game I can.

I'd like to go to a Devil, Ranger, Islander, or Capital game too
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ginger »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I just moved to Philly from the Burgh in December. I'm going to the game on the 11th, and plan on attending some Phillie-Pirate games.

I'd like to go to the Steeler - Eagles preseason game too.

Next year I plan on going to some WBS - Phantom games and every Penguin - Flyer game I can.

I'd like to go to a Devil, Ranger, Islander, or Capital game too
If you leave out the Steelers/Eagles games, I'll be waving at you from somewhere at all the others! :)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: I may be moving to Philadelphia...

Post by penny lane »

Ginger wrote:That took me over an hour just to type! The weeping & the gnashing of teeth!
Greg wants to move back east.

Family board I know... Image
welcome back to the Commonwealth of PA! Depending on how quickly
this happens, remember to register to VOTE.

IF you move there in May, you'll see all the flyers moving out of Philly... :wink:
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: I may be moving to Philadelphia...

Post by Ginger »

penny lane wrote:
IF you move there in May, you'll see all the flyers moving out of Philly... :wink:
Can I have that in writing? Image

We're so not knowing where we're going yet. I'm in Vegas, Greg is in Sacramento & he wants to move back east. So far that's the best job offer.
Why doesn't Pittsburgh have any jobs? Oh yeah. I said that about a year & a half ago about this time too. Some things in Pittsburgh never change I guess.