Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Pavel Bure »

Subway commercials. I hate when they advertise subs, and what you see the commercial looks good so you go to subway, order that sub, and the guy/girl behind the counter says, "What do you want on it." and I say, "What was on the commerical" and they say, "We don't know what was on the commercial." It's just terrible marketing IMO because you can't just order the sub by name because everything is customized.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

"Agreed," as opposed to "I agree."
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PghSkins wrote:"Agreed," as opposed to "I agree."
agreed.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

count2infinity wrote:
PghSkins wrote:"Agreed," as opposed to "I agree."
agreed.
Indeed
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

1. 3 lane highway going into Pittsburgh. I went to change lanes into the middle lane and someone flying changed into that middle lane the same time. almost a side on side collision. Use a F'in turn signal and they were driving into Pittsburgh at 70 MPH during russ hour isnt a good idea. sigh.

2. 3 minutes later, A van was headed towards Fort PItt bridge exit and at the last second realized he wanted to go up Veterans Bridge exit. However there were those orange/white striped rectangle type construction things and she/he took out at least 3 of them and they went flying and of course my car drove right into them, and they hit the front of my car.

I made it to work alive today so I am grateful. =)
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Shyster wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:When a store only has 2 or 3 lanes open, the lines are long, there's no self-checkout, and you have maybe 2 or 3 things.
Or the store has self-checkout lanes, but they’re turned off. The Giant Eagle in Cranberry is a repeat violator on this one, in my experience. On multiple occasions I’ve been in there late at night and they will have only one lane with a cashier, and all of the self-checkout lanes are turned off. Wouldn’t that be a perfect time to have them on?

Also, the voice at the self-checkout lane at the GE I go to the most asks you to “sign your signature on the line” when paying with credit card. A signature is signed; the instruction is redundant. It bugs me every time I hear it. It should say sign on the line, or put your signature on the line. Not both.
I used a self checkout lane at GE when the light was turned off yesterday. Maybe give that a shot if you arnt using cash.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Ron` wrote:People that believe a wine tasting festival means you must try them all until you're loaded enough to actually buy something. Did you ever think that you should decide which 3 (5 at most) you want to try first based on personal preference. Mixing multiple wines kills your taste sensors and will likely end up with a selection of some sweet fruity purchase (similar to many low end mass produced products). When you insist on trying them all it also creates frustration by the winery employees and those waiting behind you in line. Just an observation from the weekend. Most observed customers ended up buying wine that will make them wonder why they chose it next month. Then again, maybe they just wanted to get blistered.
haha this is true. However I like wine not love it. I can go winery hopping, I try 6 kinds and move on. I usually just buy a bottle at each stop of the one I like the most. Each place usually has a limit or they let you try 4 whites and 4 reds and sometimes I dont buy a bottle. I go to Niagara on the LAke and there are 30 winerys within minutes of each other. They however charge you .50 or $1 a taste unless you buy a bottle then they are free. I usually stock up with 6 bottles of stufff when I go up there. Ice wine festival is sweet.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i go to wine tasting festivals to get shmammered.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Ok one more post.
I am tired of people who are movie buffs and just quote lines of different movies all day long.
Lets say there is a group of us talking about something during lunch and someone just quotes off a line of a movie and then starts laughing. um??? and the 3 other people just look at each because we 1. dont remember what movie that is from, 2. that line wasnt that funny in the movie, 3. we have no clue what your talking about and havnt seen every movie that has come out in the last 30 years. I am at the point of not even fake giggeling to pretend the line is funny but I dont know what movie it is from.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:2. 3 minutes later, A van was headed towards Fort PItt bridge exit and at the last second realized he wanted to go up Veterans Bridge exit. However there were those orange/white striped rectangle type construction things and she/he took out at least 3 of them and they went flying and of course my car drove right into them, and they hit the front of my car.

I made it to work alive today so I am grateful. =)
I see people do this at least once a week at the Warrendale toll plaza high speed lane, particularly Westbound. OMG I'M GOING TO HAVE SO SLOW DOWN TO 20 MPH VS KEEPING IT AT 70 MUST CUT SOMEONE OFF AND GET IN HIGH SPEED LANE
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Radio commercials that have either car horns or police sirens in them.

I'm already paranoid enough when I drive.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Froggy wrote:Radio commercials that have either car horns or police sirens in them.

I'm already paranoid enough when I drive.
Good one. Part of the reason that I don't listen to rap music in the car anymore.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

People with baseball jerseys with football players names on them, or vise versa. They should match.

Just saw a woman in an orioles jersey with Sizzle #55 on the back. Not only is that the wrong sport, but it's a nickname.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

People who self quote from months ago on message boards. Why, no, as a matter of fact I DON'T remember what you said about that topic in January! Thank you SO much for looking it up for me, I would definitely not have done that myself. Really.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

The first patent for a urinal was granted in the United States in 1866, and the devices existed long before that. With almost 150 years of development time (and 37 more years than heavier-than-air flight) you’d think we’d have designs by now that do not backsplash p*** all over one’s shoes as they are used.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

lolol nice Shyster.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

This isn't really irrational, but we don't have a rational pet peeve thread, so deal with it.

A couple months ago, the Wendys in Waynesburg completed a renovation in which they increased the size of the store. They even added a second cash register to handle more customers (When it's actually manned - or womanned would be more appropriate, but I digress). So what could possibly be wrong with what is clearly utopia on earth?

They completely botched the line itself. Despite having even more room for a line, they managed to rope it off such that it is half the size while taking up twice the space. Due to this, the line often stretches back into the dining room, interfering with people trying to sit down or leave. Added to the fact that their service has become infinitely slower since they started the toasted bun thing, ever rising prices, and you have a recipe for RAGE.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate how people will talk about how their pet peeve isn't irrational but since there isn't a rational pet peeve thread state they will post it anyways.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

speaking of lines...

whenever there is one line for multiple registers (the best way by far to run a queue), people who start saying crap like "why is there one line? let's start a new line" deserve to be thrown through a damn window.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

shmenguin wrote:speaking of lines...

whenever there is one line for multiple registers (the best way by far to run a queue), people who start saying crap like "why is there one line? let's start a new line" deserve to be thrown through a damn window.
:thumb:

I absolutely hate when there is 1 line at my work (which is how we do it, 1 line for the registers) and someone tries to make a new line.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Starting about 3 months ago I began noticing that just about every single YouTube search I do returns these two clips:

Michael Lerner Sam Botta Atlas Shrugged April 15 Movie Release Oscars
[youtube][/youtube]

Tanya Roberts Outrageous Love & Friendship Sam Botta-Live Fearless-Chris Shining,Executive
[youtube][/youtube]

I obtained the links for the above by searching "Donald Link jambalaya recipe".

WTF?!?!?!?!
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Rylan wrote:I hate how people will talk about how their pet peeve isn't irrational but since there isn't a rational pet peeve thread state they will post it anyways.
hah, you beat me to it.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Attractive parents with unattractive daughters. How does this happen???
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Staggy wrote:Attractive parents with unattractive daughters. How does this happen???
Unattractive mailmen.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

"I don't want to talk about this Penguins topic so I'm going to post something to derail the thread".