Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Kraftster »

Major hat tip to nan and klinger. Klinger was able to get a vote on me pretty early, around day 2, I think. I didn't have to use it but it was there for me to draw from if I needed it, and I think he did great work on shaf as a mason throughout the game, with some big posts that I didn't even know about that helped to clear me in the end.
NAN was scaring me the way he was jumping on me that one day and he sort of luckily as it turned out ended up getting killed that night. That was worth some currency with cooling heat with MWB the next day, which was important.

I thought klinger and I were both going to win a day sooner but hammer had a nice call to use his see on klinger that night. We were between killing hammer and gaucho to try to avoid just that scenario.

I thought I was dead here on this last day. I never thought that there was an even decent case against rel -- just too weird a role. And I figured I'd lose the tiebreaker against shaf because both would have to assume we came back as blue if red but shaf would have had to have been a red mason paired with a red mason which made little sense.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I hated that rule even before this game, btw... :evil:

I'm not sure why, I think it really makes it possible for the Reds to be competitive.
Agreed. And its by no means a given that you'll get to take advantage of it. You have to play out there enough to get seen by the seer while avoiding a day vote. And then you have to make it to a point where the seer lives long enough and collects enough information to come forward. I thought Gaucho came out exactly when he should have.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

thehockeyguru wrote:

I'm not sure why, I think it really makes it possible for the Reds to be competitive.

They have a huge edge being able to communicate with each other, imo. But frankly, I haven't played enough Wars games to evaluate how big of an edge it is.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Until Mac died, I had my doubts as to whether he was blue. Not because of any thing he did in the game, but I thought there was a chance the pavel set it up that way for the reds to get more information behind the scenes.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Agreed. And its by no means a given that you'll get to take advantage of it. You have to play out there enough to get seen by the seer while avoiding a day vote. And then you have to make it to a point where the seer lives long enough and collects enough information to come forward. I thought Gaucho came out exactly when he should have.
Ironically, I probably would've come out earlier if not for nan being killed and relantel claiming vig. So I would of been dead earlier and not able to clear you when the bandwagon was going strong. :lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Meaning: my pm said that Mac was also a mason but didnt specify his color.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Gaucho wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Ironically, I probably would've come out earlier if not for nan being killed and relantel claiming vig. So I would of been dead earlier and not able to clear you when the bandwagon was going strong. :lol:
Yeah we/I really got lucky with you coming out when Hammer was dead set on killing me and Hammer coming out when MWB wanted me dead.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Gaucho wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

They have a huge edge being able to communicate with each other, imo. But frankly, I haven't played enough Wars games to evaluate how big of an edge it is.
I don't like it when there is a straight up old school game. I don't mind it when there are a ton of roles as it makes the game a little murky, and when others are able to communicate (masons), have sees, and JOATs and stuff like that, then I don't mind the reds having one more advantage as teh village gets a few.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Who killed me?

I played a bad game. The day I got myself in trouble, I kept typing up some posts, and in the middle, every single time, my boss came over to ask me a question. I lost my train of thought and just posted a bunch of rubbish. Got me in big trouble. I think I was arguing in one for a reason I voted for Hammer, when I actually voted for thg or something like that.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Gaucho wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

When the village uses common sense it wins everytime.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

given the greens stacked against them, I don't feel the blue see of the alpha as a bad thing. And actually expected the way Gaucho's sees worked out in the end. Kudos to Kraftster for carrying it out.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

The greens had little advantage. Less than a normal game. We had a seer and a nuts vig. A fake seer that further confused us. A bomb that gave the reds and extra kill. And a KOAT that was going to give you an extra kill. Meanwhile, 2/3 reds appeared blue to two townies. Had I know an alpha could come back blue, I would have Definitely killed Kraft, as I had been trying to do all game.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

THG. Would you have turned red if I failed to kill you?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Looking back it was a very interesting game. I wasn't expecting so many players with roles. I think I'll always be wary of being the last vote on someone now.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Great game everyone. Tip of the hat to Kraftster for surviving as long as he did.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Kraftster wrote:NAN was scaring me the way he was jumping on me that one day and he sort of luckily as it turned out ended up getting killed that night.
NAN's new strategy (perfected last game) - **** the other reds, I'm goin' solo. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:The day I got myself in trouble, I kept typing up some posts, and in the middle, every single time, my boss came over to ask me a question.
Replace "boss" with "wife" and this is me every game. Grrr...
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Willie Kool wrote:
Kraftster wrote:NAN was scaring me the way he was jumping on me that one day and he sort of luckily as it turned out ended up getting killed that night.
NAN's new strategy (perfected last game) - **** the other reds, I'm goin' solo. :lol:
For a while I totally thought nan was a traitor... if he wouldn't have been killed by Juice I was starting to think we would have to kill nan as fellow reds!
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

That's hilarious that NAN has started to confuse his teammates.