Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Box Office Wars aftermath

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:. . .

First off - really fun game. I loved it.

Second - Reds had HUGE advantage, which is fine. The village usually has the advantage. I just want people to back off on how it was so "obvious" to then who was whom. That **** pisses me off.
I think you're overstating it. That last vote should have been kraftster. He was the one with the least amount of evidence on his side. People seemed to think shaf could be red when he was seen blue, but people didn't think the same about Kraft.

Great game Pavel, and great job by the reds.
I just have to disagree. Two players weren't cleared - me and Relantel. One player was affiliated with a red and tried to save a red and was cleared way earlier in the game. Kraftster was cleared. I find it hard to believe why every one think Kraft was an obvious choice but wouldn't consider him when Redwill and I were pressing him earlier.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

TheHammer24 wrote:
MWB wrote:

Second - Reds had HUGE advantage, which is fine. The village usually has the advantage. I just want people to back off on how it was so "obvious" to then who was whom. That **** pisses me off.
I think you're overstating it. That last vote should have been kraftster. He was the one with the least amount of evidence on his side. People seemed to think shaf could be red when he was seen blue, but people didn't think the same about Kraft.

I just have to disagree. Two players weren't cleared - me and Relantel. One player was affiliated with a red and tried to save a red and was cleared way earlier in the game. Kraftster was cleared. I find it hard to believe why every one think Kraft was an obvious choice but wouldn't consider him when Redwill and I were pressing him earlier.
kraftster's vote on me had me reconsider my vote on shaf. But too late then really.

(Of course, it didn't help that it took me a long time to buy into Hammer's claim.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

relantel wrote:
kraftster's vote on me had me reconsider my vote on shaf. But too late then really.

(Of course, it didn't help that it took me a long time to buy into Hammer's claim.
This is something else Kraftster did very well. He totally, and accurately, bought Rel's role claim giving hi legitimacy in Rel's eyes, and was able to continue to cast doubt on me the whole game.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
MWB wrote:

Rel would have made no sense as a red since he was taking shots and missing. I'm not sure how else his role could be explained. Everything you said checked out completely. There being two red masons would make no sense. I'm not saying it was obvious, just that Kraft seemed to have the least evidence to support him as blue. While he was cleared, alpha as blue is fairly routine.

Btw, hammer, you played a great game. I honestly thought you were going to come in at the end and switch.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I think it was the first game for me where the alpha came back as blue, so I didn't really have that possibility in mind.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:I think it was the first game for me where the alpha came back as blue, so I didn't really have that possibility in mind.
Yeah. To me, the final vote came down to the relative probabilities of the seer being wrong and there being some sort of impotent red kill each night. I went with the latter.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

The day when TH24 came out with the Highlander stuff was pretty intense. I had to be gone for just a couple of hours and came back to 6-7 pages of debate.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I was purposely picking people I knew weren't the purple I was looking for. IMO when pavel said you can't post any of the pm received I didn't think there was any way to get the village to kill the person the next day without sounding red or nuts. That's why I was more upset, my strategy was to not look for hammer since I couldn't reference my pm, then it was ok that he did.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Thanks Pavel, that was fun. And educational. Loved the odd roles.
Well played reds.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Oh that's the other thing about the PM quoting. I nearly insta-killed him but saw there were 2 other pages of convo and Hammer in all his glory was burying himself which is another reason I let the PM quote go on. If THG came in and played the, "I have no idea what this guy is talking about" card Hammer would have died for sure.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

I really really really wish I hadn't been so busy at work cause this game seemed awesome
I love the independent role, I just knew there was no way I was going to wriggle my way all the way through the game
FU NAN
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:Oh that's the other thing about the PM quoting. I nearly insta-killed him but saw there were 2 other pages of convo and Hammer in all his glory was burying himself which is another reason I let the PM quote go on. If THG came in and played the, "I have no idea what this guy is talking about" card Hammer would have died for sure.
That was my plan, but that fact that he copied and pasted the PM made his claim legit.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Oh that's the other thing about the PM quoting. I nearly insta-killed him but saw there were 2 other pages of convo and Hammer in all his glory was burying himself which is another reason I let the PM quote go on. If THG came in and played the, "I have no idea what this guy is talking about" card Hammer would have died for sure.
That was my plan, but that fact that he copied and pasted the PM made his claim legit.
For the record, I think the ban on PM quoting is overblown. I can throw " " around anything I say and claim it's what you said. It's the rule, and I broke it so I apologize to THG. I'm still curious as to what was illegal - the first role claim or the second one where I quoted the resurrection?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
For the record, I think the ban on PM quoting is overblown. I can throw " " around anything I say and claim it's what you said. It's the rule, and I broke it so I apologize to THG. I'm still curious as to what was illegal - the first role claim or the second one where I quoted the resurrection?
No you quoted directly the PM the mod sent you. The debacle with that happened in the past where townies quoted their PMs in order to clear themselves because the reds didn't have the same PM. It makes it very easy to clear yourself when you can directly quote a PM. In this instance since it was a completely original role and what you did the couple pages after it I let it go.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Oh I see.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
No need to apologize, these games are for the purposes of fun and entertainment and this game provided both.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

thehockeyguru wrote: No need to apologize, these games are for the purposes of fun and entertainment and this game provided both.
:thumb:
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

This game was a ton of fun.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

thehockeyguru wrote: No need to apologize, these games are for the purposes of fun and entertainment and this game provided both.
Hammer took that all away when he quoted his PM. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Oh, and I know this is a few days late, but when I wrote almost word for word what rel did, and people started questioning me, that was the worst luck in the world. I can't believe that happened.