Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Gaucho »

How anticlimatic...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kraftster wrote:Well, the successful klinger kill would seem to come about as close as you can get to confirming Hammer, I'd say, right?
My thoughts exactly.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

My longer thoughts are the last comment on the previous page, just want to make sure they don't get missed.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

My concern is that we still don't know how NAN died. I'm fine with this being Rel, but it means there are only two Reds.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

For me it comes down to rel and hammer being the only two left not cleared by Gaucho. There's not much reason left to doubt Hammer and rel's been getting more and more suspicious the past couple of days. Perhaps feeling the squeeze of people being onto his ruse. I give you guys credit, I was really buying what rel was selling.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Oh. I'm an idiot - juice did those. I don't know what to make of the missed shots and rel's role claim though. Strange strategy. But it seems it just has to be Rel. If we are wrong, I have my role block which would give us a 50% chance of getting it.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I forgot you still had your role block....that makes a huge difference
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Hammer check your PMs
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

TheHammer24 wrote:My concern is that we still don't know how NAN died. I'm fine with this being Rel, but it means there are only two Reds.
The three reds could theoretically be NAN, rel, and klinger
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:Oh. I'm an idiot - juice did those. I don't know what to make of the missed shots and rel's role claim though. Strange strategy. But it seems it just has to be Rel. If we are wrong, I have my role block which would give us a 50% chance of getting it.
Right. I still can't figure out what rel's post claiming some deflection kill of nan was about. To me that seemed like trying to take credit for a red kill to assuage our concerns.

Given where things are at, I'd still like to hear from rel before casting my vote, but I have no problem voting for rel.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I noticed that relantel lashed out at Klinger and myself after the mason claim. If he is indeed red, maybe he wanted to put distance between himself and Klinger? Or he is just an independent....no idea
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I Role Blocked Rel, and Slappy died. (This happened after the fact, as Pavel forgot). I don't don't know what to think about this.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

TheHammer24 wrote:I Role Blocked Rel, and Slappy died. (This happened after the fact, as Pavel forgot). I don't don't know what to think about this.
Did Slappy die because Pavel overlooked your role block? Or because your role block wasn't considered?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Edit: I meant or did your role block of relantel not matter either way?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Edit: I meant or did your role block of relantel not matter either way?
He started the day phase without receiving my PM. I told him I wanted to Role Block Rel. He said that the results would have been the same, Slappy dead, i.e. I used my Role Block on rel and slappy still died.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oh....wow. Yeah, that is interesting
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Well, I think that clears Hammer definitively. If he were independent or red, I don't think he would have called off the dogs on an almost certain kill. If he is and he would have the balls to do that, kudos to him.

For me this can only point at shaf. I can't really explain the mason aspect other than that primary roles were assigned and then masons were assigned and Pavel just kept it as two reds as (another) way of providing confusion. Shaf was also the most eager to lynch today and posted yesterday that we "HAVE TO kill relantel."

Wow. What a wild ride this game has been.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Funny....because Hammer's failed role block makes me think this points directly at Kraftster. My eagerness is hardly a damning trait...I went off on relantel before I was made aware of Hammer's failed role block.

Again, why in the world would where be two red masons (a)? Again, why in the WORLD would I just go out on a monstrous limb?

After Gaucho outed me as blue, I made a post letting everyone know my role, as well as the fact that Klinger was my partner. That would make absolutely zero sense for me to draw that much attention to both myself and my fellow red when there was no heat on us!!!

I'm honestly not sure where to go at this point. I was 100% convinced that relantel was it today, but now thehammer is saying his role claim had no effect.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

shafnutz05 wrote:Funny....because Hammer's failed role block makes me think this points directly at Kraftster. My eagerness is hardly a damning trait...I went off on relantel before I was made aware of Hammer's failed role block.

Again, why in the world would where be two red masons (a)? Again, why in the WORLD would I just go out on a monstrous limb?

After Gaucho outed me as blue, I made a post letting everyone know my role, as well as the fact that Klinger was my partner. That would make absolutely zero sense for me to draw that much attention to both myself and my fellow red when there was no heat on us!!!

I'm honestly not sure where to go at this point. I was 100% convinced that relantel was it today, but now thehammer is saying his role claim had no effect.
There actually was a good bit of heat on klinger when you came out (I think even a couple votes) if I recall. I think it's a really good play, actually. Until this point, you were 100% cleared in my mind -- beyond even Gaucho's reported findings. The report of a red mason when either of you died would serve to confirm the role claimed by the other for the very reasons you are no relying upon.

I don't have a good answer for the design, but I feel like I've thought that to myself about 5 times this game.

I assume Hammer is accurately relaying the information he's been given by Pavel via PM. The only other possibility is that rel is immune from blocks. Would seem strange but so does the rest of his role? I think rel or shaf. Hammer for me is the only person totally cleared.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

You've both been cleared as blue. This is so strange. Shaf was investigated way earlier, but there was nothing in the write up to indicate otherwise. I'm quite, quite confused now.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Also since this is the last day there is no deadline, just 3 to razzy
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I completely understand how bizarre this info is.

I am keeping my vote on relantel. I have been on him the entire game, and I'm not going to let off now. I don't think the role block not working clears him in any way.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Hammer's block had no effect since I had no kill last night. Kills accumulated every odd night (1-3-5-7-etc). (posted this last day phase).

Which means it is either Kraftster or Shaf. And given the thread so far since the write up, I'd lead toward Shaf as the one to string up.`
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I'm going to step away. It's between Shaf and Rel to me. No NASCAR spoilers please. Must DVR the race.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

shafnutz05 wrote:I completely understand how bizarre this info is.

I am keeping my vote on relantel. I have been on him the entire game, and I'm not going to let off now. I don't think the role block not working clears him in any way.
This may seal it.

If there were two reds left, game would be over. Only one is left. Means that one made last night's kill. Roleblock would have confirmed it was not my shot had I had a shot to make. As it were, my not having a shot to make confirms I am not the red who killed slappy.