GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by MWB »

Edmund Fitzgerald porter. :thumb:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:Edmund Fitzgerald porter. :thumb:
One of my favorites!! I think I'll pick one up tomorrow now.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Last two porters I've had were that and Founders. Possibly the two best I've ever had.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Admin wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
Admin wrote:I had a Samuel Smith's Organic Raspberry Fruit Beer this weekend. Alcoholic Kool-Aid! :thumb:
Tried the cherry last night, thought it was much better than the rasberry
Interesting. I tried the cherry last weekend and thought the raspberry was much better. The cherry smell reminded me of cough syrup. I couldn't get past that.

I thought the Rasberry was too sweet
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Whashing tonight:

Elysian Dragonstooth Imperial Oatmeal Stout - really good so far
Smuttonator Double Bock
Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Currently drinking Bell's Kalamzoo Stout. Unspectacular, but solid. Stout season is just about over for me. Have a couple more to finish off, then three more porters, then I'll be switching over to the lighter stuff for spring/summer.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

MWB wrote:Edmund Fitzgerald porter. :thumb:
All time favorite porter.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Eismann wrote:Whashing tonight:

Elysian Dragonstooth Imperial Oatmeal Stout - really good so far
The name alone just sounds cool
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Randy The Beer Guy just hooked me up with a single of Founder's KBS from their stash. Great day in the neighborhood.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Eismann wrote:Randy The Beer Guy just hooked me up with a single of Founder's KBS from their stash. Great day in the neighborhood.
KBS was magically and powerfully delicious.

The S'mottonator was very good. Carmelly, sweeter, nice pop. Quite summerlike. Would get again.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Had some Rickards Red in Toronto last week, it was surprisingly good. The Rickards Blonde? Not so much.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

had some Mojo from Boulder brewing company. pretty good stuff. very hoppy/citrusy.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Great Lakes Blackout Stout is doing terrible things to my body today.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Had some Rickards Red in Toronto last week, it was surprisingly good. The Rickards Blonde? Not so much.
Envy you, haven't had a Rickards in some time. Had a good IPA last night here at a local brew house with dinner, Inn at Turkey Hill on Rte 80 near Bloom. Today is just a staples day, Labatts Blue waiting for hockey to start.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Rogue Hazelnut Brown. Odd. It tastes pretty good, but has an aroma of fetid feet.

Also, joy returs as I discovered a new case of Old Peculier made it to Jiggle and RTBG hooked me up again.

To celebrate, also picked up a single of Trappiste 12. Ode to joy.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

oooookaaaaaaaaay... weihenstephaner vitus... i did not know they made a weizenbock... it's pretty great
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

had quite a night last night...

21st Amendment Lower De Boom Barleywine
-It was a very good Barleywine. Smell was very sweet caramel and vanilla, and the taste followed that with a little hop note as well. A very very smooth Barleywine. I managed to actually get 2 of these and just pay for one. Apparently they had just tapped this keg and it was a ton of foam. I was watching as they poured it. They poured into 2 giant pitchers and let the head settle in both, then poured it into a glass for me. Then they just let the rest sit there in the one pitcher. As I finished up my first glass, I asked what was going to be done with the stuff that was in the pitcher. They said that no one ordered one since I did, so they were probably just going to dump it. I offered a better alternative and they agreed. :lol:

Avery Dugana
-Was my favorite of the night. Was very malty and a little bitter up front and the back end had lots of hoppy, grassy, citrusy notes. It's a fantastic IPA if anyone is looking for a new one to try.

Dogfishhead 120 min IPA
-As some of you in this thread know, I have been wanting to try this beer for a very very long time. It was on tap at the bar I was at, so I jumped at the chance (was a little expensive, so it took a couple beers in me before I spent the cash, lol). 18% alcohol and boy, do you feel it. The alcohol really punches you in the face. You really need to just sip this beer, but by sipping I was catching new flavors everytime I took a sip. I thought I tasted kiwi, orange, mango, or pineapple at different times, but certainly the citrus flavor is present in every sip. Certainly has some hoppyness, but nothing too overbearing. Probably the biggest surprise to me was the sweetness. I guess I should have been surprised with that alcohol content. Overall, I'm glad I got to try it, but it's not something I would go running out to spend a ton of money on a case. I'll stick to the 90 and 60 min and maybe in a few years if I happen to see 120 again, I'll get it.

Stone Levitation
-After those first 3 I was starting to feel it, so I decided to dial back the alcohol content. This one ranks in at about 4.5% so it was a good way to end the night. If you like Stone's arrogant bastard, but want something that's a little less aggressive, this is your brew. I would almost describe it as arrogant bastards much younger brother. Still a good brew with a lot of hops and citrus, but not nearly the amount of bitterness like arrogant bastard.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Eismann wrote:Randy The Beer Guy just hooked me up with a single of Founder's KBS from their stash. Great day in the neighborhood.
Funny, my friend has an inside guy at Whole Foods down here that hooked up him with KBS as well. I'm trying it for the first time during Wrasselmania on sunday
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Picked up a 1 pint 6 oz Arrogant Bastard and a 4-pack of Dogfish Head 90 minute :thumb:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I love great beer but never want to splurge on it and settle for 20/case nonsense... Who dares to recommend a quality micro in that price range?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Tröegs Brewing Company wrote: We just released Scratch #61 in the tasting room! Scratch #61-2012 is brewer Jeff Campbell’s recreation of his wedding beer.

When Jeff first homebrewed this barrel-aged imperial stout he shared some bottles with the brewing team and it was immediately tagged for a future Scratch beer.

Scratch #61 was aged on oak chips for three weeks following fermentation adding add a bourbon-esque note. Dominated by rich toffee, toasted coconut and vanilla flavors with enough hops to cut through the sweetness this 9.1% ABV and 42 IBU brew is incredibly drinkable with minimal alcohol burn. On tap at the brewery only.

Cheers!
Damn. I'd love to try this.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Kraftster wrote:
Tröegs Brewing Company wrote: We just released Scratch #61 in the tasting room! Scratch #61-2012 is brewer Jeff Campbell’s recreation of his wedding beer.

When Jeff first homebrewed this barrel-aged imperial stout he shared some bottles with the brewing team and it was immediately tagged for a future Scratch beer.

Scratch #61 was aged on oak chips for three weeks following fermentation adding add a bourbon-esque note. Dominated by rich toffee, toasted coconut and vanilla flavors with enough hops to cut through the sweetness this 9.1% ABV and 42 IBU brew is incredibly drinkable with minimal alcohol burn. On tap at the brewery only.

Cheers!
Damn. I'd love to try this.
Uh, yeah....that sounds delicious.
count2infinity wrote:Avery Dugana
-Was my favorite of the night. Was very malty and a little bitter up front and the back end had lots of hoppy, grassy, citrusy notes. It's a fantastic IPA if anyone is looking for a new one to try.
I don't think I've had an Avery beer so far I didn't like. Went to the brewery taproom in Boulder with a friend I was visiting. Solid across the board (Couldn't get to all 40 though sadly )
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote:I love great beer but never want to splurge on it and settle for 20/case nonsense... Who dares to recommend a quality micro in that price range?

I think you need to jump up to the $30 range.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Troy Loney wrote:
canaan wrote:I love great beer but never want to splurge on it and settle for 20/case nonsense... Who dares to recommend a quality micro in that price range?

I think you need to jump up to the $30 range.
i dont wanna :stubborn baby voice:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

straub dark?