Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by TheHammer24 »

How often does a true red stay quiet all game? I've only seen it once.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Gaucho, why them. I think Klinger is an okay vote but no better than you, to be honest.

Lynch Kraft
So you didn't use your see on me last night, I see. You're back on my list. There could be no better selfish reason to use a see -- you have been all over me and would be vindicated if you checked me out and was able to come in today and lead a vote on me. And there is no better altruistic reason to use a see -- there's been this lingering suspicion that is distracting from other players. I can only conclude (1) you don't have a see and you lied about your new role, (2) you saw me and saw that I am blue but since you are independent you still want me dead because I've been one of the more vocal players and might get in the way of an indpenedent win for you.

I'm willing to accept that you could have a good reason for giving false information about all the details of your role (misleading the reds), so I'm not casting a vote on you yet, but, as I said, you are back on my list.
I used my see on another player. I see no reason to use it on you -- you are my prime suspect and we are looking for as many as 3 more RPs. I also found it odd that you kept begging me to use it on you -- that is a selfish move, if you really are blue. The player I saw is blue. I see no reason to tip the reds tonight as to who we know is good. I'll use my protect (or Role Block muahahahah) tonight, and disclose tomorrow.
What is more valuable to the village, the use of a see or the use of a day phase without unnecessary confusion? The answer is, of course, a day phase. I'd obviously rather the see be used elsewhere, and I'm happy to hear that it was used to find out another ally, but now that means that you're going to want to waste a day phase killing a blue. I was simply weighing the value of those two options in suggesting that you use the see. Apparently you weren't.

I don't think there's any amount of logic that is going to sway you at this point and that's fine, I've been there before where I can't get off of someone. But, for the sake of the rest of the village, I really do think that a vote on me is playing right into what the reds are looking for out of today.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
Gaucho wrote:After being called out, both Klinger and Juice popped in almost immediately, before they disappeared again.
Disappeared again??? If we had a post count that actually contributed (or attempted to contribute) to the good of the village I would have far more than either you or juice... that's just a poor assessment if you ask me... and you can hardly say I was called out... you merely asked where I was, and that just happened to be the time when I checked in on the board to see where things were at.

I actually think this post that you made yesterday or the day before is suspect...
Gaucho wrote:I'm not red.

Shocking statement, I know.
It seems like many of your posts haven't contributed a ton to the village... posting about green or brown sandwiches, just posting that you're confused, scratching your head, etc.

For you to come out and attempt to shift the focus here comparing the amounts of posts I have to juice's is rather suspect if you ask me... This puts you at the top of my list of suspects at this point.
Whether there's anything to it or not, I agree with Gaucho that you, juice, and slappy have all seemed to pop in at times soon after you are mentioned. It gives the impression of lurking rather than just being around but not saying all that much (Gaucho).
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

rerrow kraftster
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Klinger's reaction is very telling, imho.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:What is more valuable to the village, the use of a see or the use of a day phase without unnecessary confusion? The answer is, of course, a day phase. I'd obviously rather the see be used elsewhere, and I'm happy to hear that it was used to find out another ally, but now that means that you're going to want to waste a day phase killing a blue. I was simply weighing the value of those two options in suggesting that you use the see. Apparently you weren't.
I disagree, to be honest. Discussion benefits the village because the reds need to participate. The worst thing I could have done is see the red and immediately try to lynch them -- as we would lose a day of information. Confusion isn't that bad. Some is--like whether I am green--but some deciphering is beneficial.
I don't think there's any amount of logic that is going to sway you at this point and that's fine, I've been there before where I can't get off of someone. But, for the sake of the rest of the village, I really do think that a vote on me is playing right into what the reds are looking for out of today.
You may be blue. In fact, you probably are. But right now, you're the only one that I have anything on other than isolated statements, and I hate relying on isolated statements. I truthfully weighed the value of using it on you.

Here's my logic.

You're blue or RP
Other target is blue or RP.

I figured I'd probably vote for you anyway even if I found the mystery killer or the red. Thus, the chances of finding another red (who we have nothing on) made it worth it to use it elsewhere.

I thought this through, bro. And, like I said, I don't doubt you're probably blue, but you're less probably blue than anything else I have right now.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Gaucho wrote:Klinger's reaction is very telling, imho.
Yep.

Juice wrote:rerrow kraftster
So's this.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:Whether there's anything to it or not, I agree with Gaucho that you, juice, and slappy have all seemed to pop in at times soon after you are mentioned. It gives the impression of lurking rather than just being around but not saying all that much (Gaucho).
I get that impression from Gaucho and Kilnger much more than Juice and Slappy. The latter two seem very disinterested in the game, while I feel like Gaucho and Kilnger are always here, but never doing anything -- i.e. lurking.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I'd also like to note that in my limited experience playing with Shaf, he's ultra aggressive Warz alpha male when he's blue. He's not that aggressive in this game, but he's playing a prototypical blue game .
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:What is more valuable to the village, the use of a see or the use of a day phase without unnecessary confusion? The answer is, of course, a day phase. I'd obviously rather the see be used elsewhere, and I'm happy to hear that it was used to find out another ally, but now that means that you're going to want to waste a day phase killing a blue. I was simply weighing the value of those two options in suggesting that you use the see. Apparently you weren't.
I disagree, to be honest. Discussion benefits the village because the reds need to participate. The worst thing I could have done is see the red and immediately try to lynch them -- as we would lose a day of information. Confusion isn't that bad. Some is--like whether I am green--but some deciphering is beneficial.
I actually agree with you when its earlier in the game. I think the numbers being where they are right now, you'd rather nab a red even if it means a quick day vote. The point is always to find a red but especially so when time left in the game is so valuable. And even in a day like that, the location of votes may tell something.
You may be blue. In fact, you probably are. But right now, you're the only one that I have anything on other than isolated statements, and I hate relying on isolated statements. I truthfully weighed the value of using it on you.

Here's my logic.

You're blue or RP

I figured I'd probably vote for you anyway even if I found the mystery killer or the red. Thus, the chances of finding another red (who we have nothing on) made it worth it to use it elsewhere.

I thought this through, bro. And, like I said, I don't doubt you're probably blue, but you're less probably blue than anything else I have right now.[/quote]

That's fair. Earlier in the game I'd be laying down right now but with it being so late I think its worth fighting to save a wasted vote.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

wow that was bad.. fixed
TheHammer24 wrote:
I actually agree with you when its earlier in the game. I think the numbers being where they are right now, you'd rather nab a red even if it means a quick day vote. The point is always to find a red but especially so when time left in the game is so valuable. And even in a day like that, the location of votes may tell something.
TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I don't think there's any amount of logic that is going to sway you at this point and that's fine, I've been there before where I can't get off of someone. But, for the sake of the rest of the village, I really do think that a vote on me is playing right into what the reds are looking for out of today.

Here's my logic.

You're blue or RP

I thought this through, bro. And, like I said, I don't doubt you're probably blue, but you're less probably blue than anything else I have right now.
That's fair. Earlier in the game I'd be laying down right now but with it being so late I think its worth fighting to save a wasted vote.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Ok, this is not going anywhere and I have to leave soon, so here goes: I am the Cop and I should have never let you people kill mac, who I investigated night 1. Kraftster is not red, slappy is not red, and provided he has not been recruited, shaf is not red either. That is all, good luck.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Whether there's anything to it or not, I agree with Gaucho that you, juice, and slappy have all seemed to pop in at times soon after you are mentioned. It gives the impression of lurking rather than just being around but not saying all that much (Gaucho).
I get that impression from Gaucho and Kilnger much more than Juice and Slappy. The latter two seem very disinterested in the game, while I feel like Gaucho and Kilnger are always here, but never doing anything -- i.e. lurking.
Juice and Slappy are savvy enough to portray disinterestedness to mask lurking (although I guess you're right in the case of slappy).

Gaucho is always here but his appearances don't seem as tied to when his name comes up.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

That's all? Do you get "red/not red" as your commands or do you get to figure out their roles? I.e. are you a seer?

You have horrible investigatory skills, for what it's worth!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Gaucho wrote:Ok, this is not going anywhere and I have to leave soon, so here goes: I am the Cop and I should have never let you people kill mac, who I investigated night 1. Kraftster is not red, slappy is not red, and provided he has not been recruited, shaf is not red either. That is all, good luck.
Thank god. Sorry it came to that.

That leaves Juice, klinger, Hammer, rel. Hammer, you didn't see one of those two, did you?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

3.relantel - Nick Charles - Impotent Vig
5.TheHammer24 - Happy Gilmore Purple to JOAT
6.Juice - Maximus Decimus Meridius... ??
11.slappybrown - Spicolli - Not Red
12.shafnutz05 - Judge Doom - Not Red
14.Krafster - Tyler Durden (the wussy one) - Not Red
15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison - Cop

^ That's an inordinate amount of Greens, FWIW. Of course, "not red" means they could still be another color. This also assumes we believe Gaucho, Rel, and Me.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Ok, this is not going anywhere and I have to leave soon, so here goes: I am the Cop and I should have never let you people kill mac, who I investigated night 1. Kraftster is not red, slappy is not red, and provided he has not been recruited, shaf is not red either. That is all, good luck.
Thank god. Sorry it came to that.

That leaves Juice, klinger, Hammer, rel. Hammer, you didn't see one of those two, did you?
Of course, not. That would have made this round easy, right?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Save Kraftster
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

TheHammer24 wrote:That's all? Do you get "red/not red" as your commands or do you get to figure out their roles? I.e. are you a seer?

I guess I got the same pm as MWB, only I'm not paranoid. All I get back is "town" or "not town".

I investigated nan, but he was killed the next night. I guess I could have done better, but it is hard to decide on who to invesitgate when 3/4 of the players seem indifferent.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Juice would seem to be the logical target based on gaucho's claim. Might have been a good vote without it.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:That's all? Do you get "red/not red" as your commands or do you get to figure out their roles? I.e. are you a seer?

I guess I got the same pm as MWB, only I'm not paranoid. All I get back is "town" or "not town".

I investigated nan, but he was killed the next night. I guess I could have done better, but it is hard to decide on who to invesitgate when 3/4 of the players seem indifferent.
Wait - that doesn't comport with your previous statement. "Town/not town" is different than "red/not red." Did all the people you listed "town"?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Lol - Look at this genius. And to think, I wanted to kill him.
Kraftster wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Klinger's reaction is very telling, imho.
Yep.

Juice wrote:rerrow kraftster
So's this.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Yes, "town". People that come back as "town" are quite obviously neither red nor purple.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

relantel wrote:
Gaucho wrote:After being called out, both Klinger and Juice popped in almost immediately, before they disappeared again.
as did Slappy. don't think all are red, but would not be surprised if 1 or 2 of them are.
Im right here. Just because someone doesn't post in the 2 seconds after a writeup goes up, doesn't mean they disappeared.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:Yes, "town". People that come back as "town" are quite obviously neither red nor purple.
Okay that's different than what you said, but that is good.

Here's my theory of the case.

Juice and Kilnger are necessarily red, per Gaucho.

I think Relantel is our mystery killer. I think he has been getting a shot every night, but the shot only works every other night.

Of course, I have to look like a prime suspect to be an independent now too, but we have the two reds in site -- we can get them on consecutive days. The mystery killer could shoot the other one, but it wouldn't be in his best interest.

Lynch Juice