Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Kraftster »

My vote was motivated entirely by not wanting to waste a day phase and the suggestion of two others before me regarding mac. Given my limited access today, I wanted to at least get my vote out there.

You guys should just kill me tomorrow to get it over with because its getting to the point that its distracting the village until you actually get it done and out of the way -- I just hate to see you waste a day when the numbers are where they are at right now. This of course changes if we hit a red with mac, but if we assume that the mystery killer doesn't have a shot tonight (seems to be every other night), we come into tomorrow with 8 players left. If you vote me out tomorrow, that's another blue down and we go into night 7 with only 7 players and still no more reds. If both the reds and this mystery killer shoot that night things look pretty bleak as we're then down to 5 going into day 7. I can't see a better use of Hammer's see than to address the lingering questions about me while avoiding wasting another day on killing a blue.

This has been a strange game in that until Hammer's case against me (which I honestly still don' totally understand) there was just a hunch from redwill that MWB seemed to second. I don't think there's actually been a case made against me based upon more than a hunch until this recent Hammer reasoning. I would suggest that that (lack of a strong case) is why a vote has never really taken off. Now its to that point where the bald suspicion has been lingering so long that I think the suspicion gets blown up into more than it really is just because of how long the question has been hanging around. I think this has been exacerbated by the fact that there's been very little participation -- makes it stand out even more.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kraftster, everything you say makes absolutely perfect sense. It usually does. And I think you could be the one to pull off an independent win. Either you ir one of the quiets.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I'd like to point out that I wasn't suspicious of you and tried to dispel that suspicion until today.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

mac? :face: :(
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Oh my God I'm so tired. Off to count votes... I'm pretty sure Mac reached vote limit when I posted earlier though. Fudge.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kraftster (2) – Gaucho
Mac (6) - Krafster, rel, juice, hammer, crpl, shaf
Relantel (1) - Slappy

Alllllright.
Spoiler:
[youtube][/youtube]
NO THERE IS NOT A CHANCE! The town said so, put a noose around your neck and killed you. You didn't even say a word. Argh if I would have seen this earlier :face: oh well. Town you have lynched Lloyd Christmas (mac) town mason.

Night guys get me your PMs.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Pavel Bure wrote: :face:
Pretty much.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

PMs in write up on its way.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Omar Little (MWB) the paranoid cop was walking up to his apartment after a long hard day. Nothing he was doing was going right, he felt everyone around him was out to get him. But why would this be? Why didn't his training let him see what was true. He couldn't get the feeling of someone following him out of his head either. The paranoia was getting to him. "Just get inside and sleep, yes sleep, all I need is a good nights rest." As Omar came to his apartment door he saw a note.
Spoiler:
But... I'm Omar, what do they mean "what happens to him?" Just then he heard a voice whisper in his ear, "This is what happens to Omar." The last thought Omar was, "I die?" Omar was dead and the town was still shrinking.

Dead
PFIDC - normal townie
Benny Fitz - normal townie
Npv708 - JOAT traitor
Columbia - town mason
Canaan - normal townie
Loaf31 - vengeful townie
SDD - doctor
thehockeyguru - Highlander Kurgan
redwill - normal town
willie kool - normal town
nan - normal mob
mac - town mason
MWB - Paranoid cop
Alive
3.relantel - Nick Charles
5.TheHammer24 - Happy Gilmore
6.Juice - Maximus Decimus Meridius... ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?
11.slappybrown - Spicolli
12.shafnutz05 - Judge Doom
14.Krafster - Tyler Durden (the wussy one)
15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison

Deadline noon 3/24

BTW 8 left, 5 to lynch
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

That's four Green RPs now. Are we still convinced that relantel is the vig? I'm not
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Hello town, I urge you to go after Juice and Klinger and possibly relantel. That is all.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Gaucho wrote:Hello town, I urge you to go after Juice and Klinger and possibly relantel. That is all.
Why klinger?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Cause there aren't many likely candidates left at this point.

Btw, I don't get how MWB can be an RP when his abilities are pretty much useless.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Surprised i live but it helps us going into the next night.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho, why them. I think Klinger is an okay vote but no better than you, to be honest.

Lynch Kraft
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

TheHammer24 wrote:Gaucho, why them. I think Klinger is an okay vote but no better than you, to be honest.

Lynch Kraft
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

TheHammer24 wrote:Gaucho, why them. I think Klinger is an okay vote but no better than you, to be honest.

Lynch Kraft
I get that. Honestly, I do.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Lynch Kraft
So you didn't use your see on me last night, I see. You're back on my list. There could be no better selfish reason to use a see -- you have been all over me and would be vindicated if you checked me out and was able to come in today and lead a vote on me. And there is no better altruistic reason to use a see -- there's been this lingering suspicion that is distracting from other players. I can only conclude (1) you don't have a see and you lied about your new role, (2) you saw me and saw that I am blue but since you are independent you still want me dead because I've been one of the more vocal players and might get in the way of an indpenedent win for you.

I'm willing to accept that you could have a good reason for giving false information about all the details of your role (misleading the reds), so I'm not casting a vote on you yet, but, as I said, you are back on my list.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:Cause there aren't many likely candidates left at this point.

Btw, I don't get how MWB can be an RP when his abilities are pretty much useless.
Same with Rel, if we believe him. Also I def think Rel is honest. I just thought about something. As soon as I claimed to be th reason a shot went out at THG he wanted to kill me because he knew he shot at THG. If he was anything but town I don't think he would have come at me so quickly.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

A noon deadline tomorrow. We have time. But let's use the time wisely.

I could be sold on kraft. But I don't think we should let slappy slide away either.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Hello town, I urge you to go after Juice and Klinger and possibly relantel. That is all.
Why klinger?
They seem equally suspicious in my mind, do you see better reason for suspecting juice?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

After being called out, both Klinger and Juice popped in almost immediately, before they disappeared again.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Gaucho wrote:After being called out, both Klinger and Juice popped in almost immediately, before they disappeared again.
as did Slappy. don't think all are red, but would not be surprised if 1 or 2 of them are.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Gaucho wrote:After being called out, both Klinger and Juice popped in almost immediately, before they disappeared again.
Disappeared again??? If we had a post count that actually contributed (or attempted to contribute) to the good of the village I would have far more than either you or juice... that's just a poor assessment if you ask me... and you can hardly say I was called out... you merely asked where I was, and that just happened to be the time when I checked in on the board to see where things were at.

I actually think this post that you made yesterday or the day before is suspect...
Gaucho wrote:I'm not red.

Shocking statement, I know.
It seems like many of your posts haven't contributed a ton to the village... posting about green or brown sandwiches, just posting that you're confused, scratching your head, etc.

For you to come out and attempt to shift the focus here comparing the amounts of posts I have to juice's is rather suspect if you ask me... This puts you at the top of my list of suspects at this point.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:

Lynch Kraft
So you didn't use your see on me last night, I see. You're back on my list. There could be no better selfish reason to use a see -- you have been all over me and would be vindicated if you checked me out and was able to come in today and lead a vote on me. And there is no better altruistic reason to use a see -- there's been this lingering suspicion that is distracting from other players. I can only conclude (1) you don't have a see and you lied about your new role, (2) you saw me and saw that I am blue but since you are independent you still want me dead because I've been one of the more vocal players and might get in the way of an indpenedent win for you.

I'm willing to accept that you could have a good reason for giving false information about all the details of your role (misleading the reds), so I'm not casting a vote on you yet, but, as I said, you are back on my list.
I used my see on another player. I see no reason to use it on you -- you are my prime suspect and we are looking for as many as 3 more RPs. I also found it odd that you kept begging me to use it on you -- that is a selfish move, if you really are blue. The player I saw is blue. I see no reason to tip the reds tonight as to who we know is good. I'll use my protect (or Role Block muahahahah) tonight, and disclose tomorrow.