Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by relantel »

If nothing else, Pavel will have made us all refresh ourselves with mafia roles and variants.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Here's how I understand the distribution of roles:

Green:
Seer
Doctor
Vig

Yellow:
1 or 2?

Purple:
2 - 1 is now green

Red:

Traitors:
1 at least. Maybe a traitor in the opposite direction.

Now my question is are MWB and Rel extra Greens or are the fake RPs yellow? If MWB is green, which is probable at this point, does that give us 4 Greens? If so, Rel would make an astounding 5 greens + me = 6 Greens. That's almost 1/3 of the game. I don't like Rel as much anymore.

Save Kraft
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

relantel wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:The only thing I can think about that could implicate Rel is that Loaf was the vengeful townie and had Vig powers. What other powers would he have, if he was green? If Rel figured this out (as a yellow or something) and he was a yellow or red type vig, he could fire bullets and claim green.

What powers do we think Loaf had?
Hmm... Interesting, I did think loaf was the vig when I first read vengeful townie.
vengeful townie is why SDD died.
Yeah, I just meant my intial reaction. I wondered why loaf was green if just a bomb
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

relantel wrote:I.e. another way of saying "bomb".
Is that an actual role?
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Is that an actual role?
I've definitely seen this type of role in the past... in some cases it's been how it was used here (last one to lynch dies, or the red who casts the kill vote dies)... In other cases I've seen it where the "bomb" could use their power at night to kill themself and one other.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
Is that an actual role?
I've definitely seen this type of role in the past... in some cases it's been how it was used here (last one to lynch dies, or the red who casts the kill vote dies)... In other cases I've seen it where the "bomb" could use their power at night to kill themself and one other.
bomb hasn't been used much of late, but used to be common in the larger games when i first started playing warz on lgp. Oftentimes, the bomb was a red role that was the last vote, and vengeful townie seems to be a village aligned role with the same effect.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:What is the point of an impotent vig? Can someone explain? How does it reveal any useful info?
Same question I had.
I think Pavel is being crazy. He created Purple Highlanders this game. He created a fake cop. There was traitor. I think Pavel just went psycho. MWB - may I ask your reasoning for not revealing who you looked at? It's of no use to the village, regardless, because if you were trying to hide something (by your looking pattern), you could just lie since there is no way to cross reference your results.
Small chance it could help reds if I actually do have some sort of hidden power that hasn't been unlocked yet. I don't see any way it helps village though. Do you?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:Here's how I understand the distribution of roles:

Green:
Seer
Doctor
Vig

Yellow:
1 or 2?

Purple:
2 - 1 is now green

Red:

Traitors:
1 at least. Maybe a traitor in the opposite direction.

Now my question is are MWB and Rel extra Greens or are the fake RPs yellow? If MWB is green, which is probable at this point, does that give us 4 Greens? If so, Rel would make an astounding 5 greens + me = 6 Greens. That's almost 1/3 of the game. I don't like Rel as much anymore.

Save Kraft
But what difference does a powerless green make? Same as blue.

I agree rels redwill kill is inconsistent.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:What is the point of an impotent vig? Can someone explain? How does it reveal any useful info?
Same question I had.
I think Pavel is being crazy. He created Purple Highlanders this game. He created a fake cop. There was traitor. I think Pavel just went psycho. MWB - may I ask your reasoning for not revealing who you looked at? It's of no use to the village, regardless, because if you were trying to hide something (by your looking pattern), you could just lie since there is no way to cross reference your results.
Small chance it could help reds if I actually do have some sort of hidden power that hasn't been unlocked yet. I don't see any way it helps village though. Do you?
I don't think there is any advantage of us from you telling us who you've looked at even if I was 100% sure you were going to tell the truth. So I'm on the same page as you.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Pavel Bure wrote:Deadline 3PM tomorrow

BTW 10 left, 6 to lynch
Relantel (1) – slappybrown
Kraftster (1) – Gaucho
Slappybrown (1) – shafnutz05
Gaucho (1) – Kraftster
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

relantel wrote:
Crpl_Klinger wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
Is that an actual role?
bomb hasn't been used much of late, but used to be common in the larger games when i first started playing warz on lgp. Oftentimes, the bomb was a red role that was the last vote, and vengeful townie seems to be a village aligned role with the same effect.
Shrug. Okay.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

TheHammer24 wrote:
relantel wrote:hammer, it's not zero information... educated guesses based on the thread to those points. I can't accumulate unlimited bullets. ergo, kills.
I agree with your logic on holding on nights 2 and 3 but that seems inconsistent with shooting at Redwill. Also, why would Pavel limit the number of fake bullets you had. So bizarre.
redwill is one of the hardest to crack if red. it was a calculated risk. Had to take a shot at someone.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Just FYI colors for role players outside of red, blue, green, are chosen by the mod. I will throw you guys a bone and say that purple was used to signify someone that wasn't affiliated either way to start the game.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Just FYI colors for role players outside of red, blue, green, are chosen by the mod. I will throw you guys a bone and say that purple was used to signify someone that wasn't affiliated either way to start the game.
So there are no yellows? Who killed K-Nihn and Columbia, then?
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Just FYI colors for role players outside of red, blue, green, are chosen by the mod. I will throw you guys a bone and say that purple was used to signify someone that wasn't affiliated either way to start the game.
Technically Pav didn't say there are no yellows, just that the purples were "neutral" to start.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
Technically Pav didn't say there are no yellows, just that the purples were "neutral" to start.
I just don't understand why he said that and "that he was throwing us a bone." Everyone seemed to agree that I was neutral to start, the issue you are all still determining is whether I am still neutral or if I have a goal to kill you all muahhahahaha. Thus, what could he be "throwing us"?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Are we sure that relantel is what he claims to be?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:Are we sure that relantel is what he claims to be?
No. I almost was positive, but now that the Vengeful Townie appears to be a bomb and not a Vig, I am more willing to believe he is who he says he is.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Crpl_Klinger wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
I just don't understand why he said that and "that he was throwing us a bone." Everyone seemed to agree that I was neutral to start, the issue you are all still determining is whether I am still neutral or if I have a goal to kill you all muahhahahaha. Thus, what could he be "throwing us"?
I didn't get it either... tbh I felt like we already had that understood... obviously the color purple would have been something that the mod provided. The only thing I can figure is that there are other purples that now are affiliated a different way. The key phrase to me is "to start the game" which seems to mean that you and all other "purples" don't have an affiliation.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

That's interesting, but it doesn't comport, at least, with what I know. I knew there was one other purple and that I had to kill him. The "to-start" language relates to me now being green, IMO. This statement would make a lot more sense if you guys were starting to try and kill me.

Maybe there were other, non-Highlander Purples who now have switched to a different color? I.e. what if the fake-guys switched? That doesn't make a ton of sense though because THG-Hammer was clearly in the write-up. I figured we'd see something more conspicuous.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Argh... what I'm saying is the purple color was used for anyone that wasn't blue, green, or red to start the game. The purple color was used for players that weren't town or mob to start the game or were otherwise independent. Only 4 colors were used in the game.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:That's interesting, but it doesn't comport, at least, with what I know. I knew there was one other purple and that I had to kill him. The "to-start" language relates to me now being green, IMO. This statement would make a lot more sense if you guys were starting to try and kill me.

Maybe there were other, non-Highlander Purples who now have switched to a different color? I.e. what if the fake-guys switched? That doesn't make a ton of sense though because THG-Hammer was clearly in the write-up. I figured we'd see something more conspicuous.
The second paragraph is what I was trying to communicate in my last post... I agree with that thought. Pavel posting it when he did seems to mean that there is another purple faction. It seems odd that he would post what he did when he did otherwise.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I think we can probably stop looking for yellows then.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

No - first things first, we need to try to figure out how Columbia and Kay-Nihn died. I agree you have to leave open the possibility that I or THG did it. I assure you we did not, and I think our battle confirms our story -- that we had identical roles until our battle then we turned into "mere mortals" per the write up -- one to each side.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Pavel said no yellows didn't say purple was only highlander