Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Pavel Bure »

Yah if Slappy doesn't show by the end of the day I'll mod kill him.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Where's that Klinger dude?
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Gaucho wrote:Where's that Klinger dude?
At work... haven't had time to get all my observations in... sorry.. been crazy busy last two days.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

I agree with the thoughts that relantel is likely an impotent vig... No one else has come out as the vig, or contradicted his thoughts and who he claimed to "shoot" lined up with the inability to kill them, but a shot happening.

But I am definitely confused about how canaan/nan were killed... obviously we're glad we finally got one of the reds with nan dying, but how they are doing it is confusing... I'm thinking that one of our silent players isn't allowed to post perhaps... or something like that... The quote from the writeup on canaan's death is below... I'm not sure how to read it... and trying not to read too much into the write up either.
Looking out the window he saw Bill the Butcher (canaan) fighting with someone he couldn't quite see. Back and forth, Bill spewing native rhetoric and swearing loudly while screaming he was gonna to gut the unseen man like a fish. Travis watched as Bill raised his cleaver ready for a killing blow when out of no where Bill was cut, and cut badly.
Just wondering if that could explain why Juice, mac, or slappy are not talking as much??? But then the write up went on to say that before columbia could see who killed canaan he was killed.

Yesterday I thought nan, rel, and redwill looked bad, but today it looks like only nan was bad out of those three...

I hate to say it, but I'm back to being suspicious of the silent players. There have been so many silent players this game that it seems all too likely that we have a silent red on our hands.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think Canaan and nan were killed by an independent faction. Either one or multiple players.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Stalemate.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Regarding nan's posts: He repeatedly mentioned liking a vote for redwill, thg, and kraftster. I don't get the impression that kraftster is red, as I don't think nan would have brought him up so many times and suggested that hammer kill kraftster last night. However, I think it's still quite possible kraftster is independent/third faction.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Alive:
3.relantel - Nick Charles - impotent vig
5.TheHammer24 - Happy Gilmore - says he is green, but could easily be red or independent
6.Juice - Maximus Decimus Meridius... ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?
7.mac1511 - Lloyd Christmas
11.slappybrown - Spicolli
12.shafnutz05 - Judge Doom
14.Krafster - Tyler Durden (the wussy one)
15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison
21.MWB - Omar Little - worthless cop

Out of those not colored, I say we leave slappy now and hope he is mod-killed. Most likely to be independent or third faction would be kraftster and/or juice. Out of the others, gaucho seems most red to me. Honestly, kind of forget exactly why now, but when I was reading through yesterday amid all the chaos, gaucho stuck out to me.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm not red.

Shocking statement, I know.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

mac is way too quiet for my liking. Though he is not the only one. Lots of quiet folks this game. And it really hurts, as a no-lynch doesn't help us at all.

I wonder if one of the purple roles keeps my bullets misaimed. Like perhaps our best move is hammer. On the other hand, we could force the reds to kill hammer to win.

MWB, who all came back as "not town" for you?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'd still rather not say who I've investigated, but everyone has come back the same. With all the roles that seem to be out there, it doesn't seem likely that I've come up blank every time.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Hey guys, sorry, busy one last night. And, I have a continuing ed class that will last almost all day today, so I'm going to try to get my thoughts out there before I head to the class. I'll be limited to checking in by phone intermittently.

Looks like slappy will be mod killed when PB checks in this morning, so I'm taking him off the table for consideration.

For me the strongest votes right now would be one of the other voters on THG yesterday or Hammer. With respect to Hammer, everything he has said so far has checked out, but I am naturally still concerned that he has his own goals. Still, with everything checking out, I'm inclined to give him some more time to prove himself and also get a potential benefit from him in the process. Perhaps he can agree to use his see tonight.

That leaves one of Shaf, Gaucho, MWB as the voters on THG. I'm inclined to believe MWB because we appear to have an impotent vig, so there's some symmetry in also having a fake cop. As I read through yesterday, I was thinking that shaf is playing a pretty blue game, so that leaves Gaucho for me. Just enough participation to not be among the "quiets" and to stay under the radar.

I'd normally want to discuss a bit more before casting a vote, but since I'll be away for long stretches, I'm going to go ahead and razzy Gaucho for now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

That's true, for being the league's leading poster, mac has been deathly silent.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I seriously forgot mac was playing until reading rel's post. I guess I would be willing to get rid of him if it came down to it, I just get nervous voting out totally quiet players so late in the game.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

The lack of participation can only benefit the reds, because there is no way we'll get a majority vote if ony 4 people show up.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Kraftster (1) – Gaucho
Slappybrown (2) – TheHammer24, shafnutz05,
Gaucho (1) – Kraftster,

I'd like to hear if slappy is going to be mod killed today... if so let's not waste votes on him... he's going to be dead anyway.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

MWB wrote:Regarding nan's posts: He repeatedly mentioned liking a vote for redwill, thg, and kraftster. I don't get the impression that kraftster is red, as I don't think nan would have brought him up so many times and suggested that hammer kill kraftster last night. However, I think it's still quite possible kraftster is independent/third faction.
I agree with this line of thinking... nan definitely seemed to be gunning for Kraftster for the last day or two.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

*scratches head*
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
MWB wrote:Regarding nan's posts: He repeatedly mentioned liking a vote for redwill, thg, and kraftster. I don't get the impression that kraftster is red, as I don't think nan would have brought him up so many times and suggested that hammer kill kraftster last night. However, I think it's still quite possible kraftster is independent/third faction.
I agree with this line of thinking... nan definitely seemed to be gunning for Kraftster for the last day or two.
FWIW, I always did this when I was red. I would throw another red in a group of two non-reds as potential people I would vote for. Someone else did it in the game before me. I wouldn't read too much into that. It's fairly meaningless unless someone A) Did vote, or B) led a charge.

I don't understand why the Reds would be on THG. As I said before, and MWB pointed out, NAN went from the leading vote getter, Redwill, to THG because "we needed a kill." In other words, he purposefully tried to stalemate the vote. So if anything, we have direct evidence that the reds were trying to avoid allowing us to get a kill. Based on this, I think I'm going to throw my vote back on Krafster. This is something the thinking Krafster would do. He was around around 9 and could have easily cast the deciding vote on THG but he refused. I understand his justification. He argues that "no kill helps the blues." I disagree, and the village seems to disagree as well. Although the reds need to maximize the non-red kills, in my opinion, Kraft realized that if we got a no-kill yesterday, Redwill/THG/Hammer would remain atop our suspicion list and in the end the reds would just get an extra night kill while we sorted out our lynchings. This argument is bolstered by the fact that Redwill turned out Blue. Kraft is just entirely too smart to think a non-kill was preferable, and now he's using it to his advantage to point out the THG's is where the reds are.

Save Slappy

Lynch Krafster
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster (2) – Gaucho, TheHammer24
Slappybrown (1) – shafnutz05,
Gaucho (1) – Kraftster,

We need 7 to lynch, which is going to essentially equal near unanimity from the remaining players as Juice/Mac/Slappy aren't really playing.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

When's the deadline?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Here's an interesting thought about rel: He claims to have shot at Redwill on Night 1, but Vig usually don't get a shot on night one and it is commone practice for good players like Rel not to shoot blindly on the first night. This may lend credence to him being Some other kind of shooter. I'm not going to pursue it yet, but I wanted to throw it out there.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Re nan and Kraft: nan wasn't just lumping him in with others, he was singling him out. Not saying he couldn't be red, but I doubt nan would be that aggressive.

Re rel: he could have been forced to shoot night one. Mod knows it wouldn't cause a kill but would create confusion.

Deadline?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Willie Kool wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Slap and Juice must be first bandwagons next game.
U mad? Yea, u mad.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:PS - I hate that slappy/juice are still in this game
yea, U mad too