Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by thehockeyguru »

You implied that I was currently the Red Joat which isn't the case, since I'm Purple.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Part of me thinks that we need to be weary of thg and Hammer being on the same side here. I don't think its a strong likelihood but I want to throw it out there before we get to the night. If thg were to offer a stronger defense right now, I think he would call into question some of the details of Hammer's explanation. That he is so accepting of Hammer's version of what the role entails surprises me. Remember that we apparently have a third faction that is killing at night (columbia/canaan). I'd be surprised if there are four colors out there and we haven't seen the other one yet.

Note: I got interrupted when typing this post, last post I can see is 7:09.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:You implied that I was currently the Red Joat which isn't the case, since I'm Purple.
Dude - I never said that. Not once. I've been consistent. The quote you took was utterly out of context, I've been absolutely consistent on our relationship.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

And now I see thg is calling some of Hammer's details into question.

Hammer, to your point about redwill and communicating with the reds. Along with what I said about you and thg possibly being on the same side, I think redwill could certainly be another member of your fact, perhaps another one of the Macleods, since you have not identified yourself as a specific macleod. It would actually provide some consistency to what happened with redwill on night 1, in fact.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

We are on the same side, we are both Purple right now. The details are mostly accurate and I'm not going to refute that. He's trying to scare the village into thinking he has to kill me now or I will become red, that's not the case.

My claim is if he kills me, then he becomes Red. Why else would the most suspicious player at this point be voting with him?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

thehockeyguru wrote:We are on the same side, we are both Purple right now. The details are mostly accurate and I'm not going to refute that. He's trying to scare the village into thinking he has to kill me now or I will become red, that's not the case.

My claim is if he kills me, then he becomes Red. Why else would the most suspicious player at this point be voting with him?
As part of your being on the same side, have you been able to communicate? Do you have a common goal as it stands? Is there an option that doesn't involve you killing one another?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:And now I see thg is calling some of Hammer's details into question.

Hammer, to your point about redwill and communicating with the reds. Along with what I said about you and thg possibly being on the same side, I think redwill could certainly be another member of your fact, perhaps another one of the Macleods, since you have not identified yourself as a specific macleod. It would actually provide some consistency to what happened with redwill on night 1, in fact.
That seems plausible, but the info I have is that with the Highlanders "There can only be one!" Perhaps someone knows the storyline, but that's why we battle and then one of us switches. Like I said, I'll kill Redwill tonight, and I think the mob should lynch me tomorrow unless the writeup says something that makes everyone believe me. As i said a few pages ago, my goal is to help the village, and I'm willing to take the sword tomorrow.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:You implied that I was currently the Red Joat which isn't the case, since I'm Purple.
Dude - I never said that. Not once. I've been consistent. The quote you took was utterly out of context, I've been absolutely consistent on our relationship.

By your own admission you haven't been consistent.
TheHammer24 wrote:The only thing that concerns me is you are all over the place.
I don't really think I am. I made one flip-flop. The invisibility claim to the JOAT powers when it became obvious that I couldn't survive to the end of the game as a green JOAT.

My all over the placeness would be insanely misplaced if I was yellow or red, as it is certain that I will be lynched tomorrow. I am making one plea to the village to help them by using the JOAT power on Redwill tonight and avoid giving the Reds the free night of JOAT powers.[/quote]
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:The only thing that concerns me is you are all over the place.
I don't really think I am. I made one flip-flop. The invisibility claim to the JOAT powers when it became obvious that I couldn't survive to the end of the game as a green JOAT.

My all over the placeness would be insanely misplaced if I was yellow or red, as it is certain that I will be lynched tomorrow. I am making one plea to the village to help them by using the JOAT power on Redwill tonight and avoid giving the Reds the free night of JOAT powers.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
MWB wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote: Yeah, you guys realize the alternative was for me to stay quiet and give THG, a red JOAT, to the reds for free?
For those of you that followed along, he's purple that becomes a Red JOAT, if I fail to get the village to lynch him today. I have laid my reasoning out, but I didn't one this, which was taken out of context, to cloud your judgment.
Do you KNOW this or are you just assuming?

They both need to die.
I am sure; but I don't have it in my writeup. I become green. I am a descendant of the MacLeod clan, the good characters in Highlander. I'm looking for him - the Krugan - the evil character in Highlander. The protect-Redwill line of logic makes no sense to me. If I was communicating with the reds, I wouldn't be purple -- I'd be red. I'm purple because I have ONE goal and ONE power until I find THG. I found him, and then I'm a Green JOAT.

I agree that you should kill me. I think Redwill and Kraft are the next two targets, and I will kill Redwill tonight. If you are to believe one of us, you should believe me, I'll do your Redwill killing tonight, and I'll fall on my sword tomorrow.
Please understand that I don't take anything you post at face value. You can say you're purple until you're purple in the face, but I won't believe it fully until it's posted. I'll keep all options open, including the redwill theory. So no, I don't think you'd be purple communicating with red, I think there's a small possibility you're red.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

^That's a misquote FYI. Also, I have no idea how that's damning to me.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote: As i said a few pages ago, my goal is to help the village, and I'm willing to take the sword tomorrow.
What if you get some sort of day protection? You seem pretty concerned about killing me this phase so you and Redwill can make it til night time.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

My comment was to THG's post.

MWB - okay, fair enough.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:^That's a misquote FYI. Also, I have no idea how that's damning to me.
Your saying you've been consistent, but then is a previous post talk about flip-flopping.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I absolutely have to go to the airport right now, and won't be back on until post-deadline. My plan is to kill Redwill tonight, if I survive.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:I absolutely have to go to the airport right now, and won't be back on until post-deadline. My plan is to kill Redwill tonight, if I survive.
Vote for him now if you want him dead.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What powers do you get once I'm gone that will protect Redwill?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I don't think I trust thg or hammer.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

hammer, what happens if no lynch takes place??
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:We are on the same side, we are both Purple right now. The details are mostly accurate and I'm not going to refute that. He's trying to scare the village into thinking he has to kill me now or I will become red, that's not the case.

As part of your being on the same side, have you been able to communicate? Do you have a common goal as it stands? Is there an option that doesn't involve you killing one another?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

kraftster asks an important question. Would think there would be a quick no, for yes or indecision would sink hammer.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

* that being the communicate question.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Votes

5 - redwill (mac, MWB, klinger, kraft, THG)
6 - THG (Hammer, Shaf, Gaucho, nan, Redwill, WK)
1 - Hammer (rel)

1 hour left, 8 to lynch
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I thought communication question went to THG. I cannot communicate. I thought that was imPlied. No lynch means I die. If there are people around at 9 and no one is switching, you should switch to redwill.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

That is if people on me are on me at 845 and no one is switching to THG, you should kill redwill, as I will die and THG will live. I will show purple in the write up.

Phone is going off. See if I live when I'm I. Chicago.