Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote: Yeah, you guys realize the alternative was for me to stay quiet and give THG, a red JOAT, to the reds for free?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:Thg - do you die if we don't kill hammer?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Gaucho wrote:Again, why should we believe him instead of you?
Look at his reasoning, he throws out a theory where there is a Purple faction. Which is true, then tries to get everyone all in an uproar by calling me the Red JOAT. How can I be purple and the red JOAT? Two kill attempts one day and one night have gone against me with no luck.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Kraftster wrote:
No. I become Green.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote: Yeah, you guys realize the alternative was for me to stay quiet and give THG, a red JOAT, to the reds for free?
For those of you that followed along, he's purple that becomes a Red JOAT, if I fail to get the village to lynch him today. I have laid my reasoning out, but I didn't one this, which was taken out of context, to cloud your judgment.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

This situation has been pretty revealing, if you ask me. I have a fairly healthy suspicion of two people as a result.
Spoiler:
But I'm not tellin', 'cause yer being mean to me. Nah nah nah.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
For those of you that followed along, he's purple that becomes a Red JOAT, if I fail to get the village to lynch him today. I have laid my reasoning out, but I didn't one this, which was taken out of context, to cloud your judgment.
This is where Hammer slipped up. He called me purple then said I was the Red JOAT to get people in a panic, now he is saying I am purple again.

It's quite simple, hammer and I are brother split at birth. I turn green if I get village to vote hammer, he turns Red if he gets the village to vote me.

Now the village has to decide. ......
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Well, if I have to decide I'll stick with Hammer. If he is lying than he is at least a better and more convincing liar than you.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
No. I become Green.
I think you're missing the point. I'm trying to vet hammers story about needing to kill you today. I'm wondering if his discovering you also put you on the clock to get hammer out today or face death.

As predictable and "half-assed" as thg's defensmay seem, what is he to do if hammer just flipped the roles in his reveal? Not suggesting I believe thg, just commenting.

On phone so might be typos
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote:Here's exactly what happened, and you can't kill redwill yet -- I have no idea how to play this other than to come out and say so:

I am one of two Highlanders. I am a distant member of the Macleod clan, and as a highlander I cannot die. If I am lynched or killed at night, I am immediately resurrected. However, there can only be one Highlander, and because of this my goal is to hunt down The Kurganand kill him.

I get to investigate one player a night to see if he is The Kurgan and I find out if he is Yes the Kurgan or not the Kurgan. As soon as I have found him, I have to convince the village to lynch him immediately. If I fail, I die at the end of the day. This is the only way a Highlander can be killed. Upon becoming the only Highlander left you will join the town.

THG is the Kurgan; I saw him last night. We need to lunch him immediately, or I die. And because The Highlander becomes part of the town upon victory, I must assume that The Kurgan becomes one of the bad guys.

Last night, it seems clear to me that the reds tried to kill me and failed. I saw THG last night too. Thus the write up -- I tried to kill THG, and I came back to life with the reds kill because I'm immortal and need to kill THG during today's day phase.

I will fully support a Redwill kill tomorrow, but it must be THG right now.
Look at this post and count how many lies are in it, I count 3.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
No. I become Green.
I think you're missing the point. I'm trying to vet hammers story about needing to kill you today. I'm wondering if his discovering you also put you on the clock to get hammer out today or face death.

As predictable and "half-assed" as thg's defensmay seem, what is he to do if hammer just flipped the roles in his reveal? Not suggesting I believe thg, just commenting.

On phone so might be typos
If Hammer doesn't lead a village kill on me then he dies and I become Green, if he does he becomes Red.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lol this is still going on?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:I don't understand why hammer would come out with all thi when he did. Is he trying to protect redwill from his lynching?
I believe this to be the case, its no coincidence that Redwill has his vote on me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
MWB wrote:I agree with nan and what Kraft said earlier. What is your endgame? That's rhetorical, btw.

Regarding redwill, my point is that you could be trying to buy him time. Maybe if he's alive longer that triggers something, or maybe he's the red seer.

It baffles me that you expect people to fall in lone with your thoughts.
My end game? To help the village. Again, I think the buy-time-for-redwill argument is absurd -- I would not have created such an elaborate scheme for one night phase, and it's entirely to coincidental that the write up would play directly into this elaborate theory.

My immediate goal is to kill THG, and that's my role. My second goal is to give the Green's a JOAT for at least a night and avoid giving the Red's a JOAT for a night. My ultimate goal is that tonight's write up makes you believe me or someone investigates me tonight and sees that I am indeed Green JOAT in tonight's night phase.
So there's a big, elaborate role that you have and is tied to THG and someone turning green and someone turning red, but you think it's completely absurd that buying extra time for another player could be an advantage?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Do you KNOW this or are you just assuming?

They both need to die.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

If I'm to believe one over the other, I'll take Hammer for sure. However, both of them and redwill need to die. Then Kraftster.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:If I'm to believe one over the other, I'll take Hammer for sure. However, both of them and redwill need to die. Then Kraftster.
Here's is why you should be weary of Hammer, I will vote Redwill right now and he won't.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

blue Hammer

Yellow Redwill
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Do you KNOW this or are you just assuming?

They both need to die.
I am sure; but I don't have it in my writeup. I become green. I am a descendant of the MacLeod clan, the good characters in Highlander. I'm looking for him - the Krugan - the evil character in Highlander. The protect-Redwill line of logic makes no sense to me. If I was communicating with the reds, I wouldn't be purple -- I'd be red. I'm purple because I have ONE goal and ONE power until I find THG. I found him, and then I'm a Green JOAT.

I agree that you should kill me. I think Redwill and Kraft are the next two targets, and I will kill Redwill tonight. If you are to believe one of us, you should believe me, I'll do your Redwill killing tonight, and I'll fall on my sword tomorrow.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Then why not kill Redwill now? When you kill me there will be an extra red. We will Redwill we kill a likely Red, you dont become Red, and I become Green.

Sounds like a no brainer to me.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:blue Hammer

Yellow Redwill
Are you reading the posts? I explained that once one finds the other, we must kill them the next day or we die. The other then survives and switches from Purple. If you were correct, and all I had to do was kill you to become "red" then why would I throw my neck out here and ultimately advocate for a situation where I die AND Redwill dies?!

Also
thehockeyguru wrote:I am not red, I can't tell you what I am since i'm not privledged to. You'd be wise not to waste a kill on me for the third time.
TheHockeyGuru wrote:I am purple
thehockeyguru wrote:I become green
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

typo on my phone. should have said, "when we kill redwill we will kill a likely Red, you don't become Red, and I become Green." A huge swing for the village.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

TheHammer24 wrote: Are you reading the posts? I explained that once one finds the other, we must kill them the next day or we die. The other then survives and switches from Purple. If you were correct, and all I had to do was kill you to become "red" then why would I throw my neck out here and ultimately advocate for a situation where I die AND Redwill dies?!
Wait, so I've been "looking" for you? Lol, that's news to me.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Again, why should we believe him instead of you?
Look at his reasoning, he throws out a theory where there is a Purple faction. Which is true, then tries to get everyone all in an uproar by calling me the Red JOAT. How can I be purple and the red JOAT? Two kill attempts one day and one night have gone against me with no luck.
But it is possible that you can be Purple and the Green JOAT? Sounds like a contradiction.

Two kill attempts: I explained that you can't kill a purple before the Highlander battle and one of us turns colors. Indeed, I was shot at last night and I survived too.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

5 - redwill (mac, MWB, klinger, kraft, THG)
6 - THG (Hammer, Shaf, Gaucho, nan, Redwill, WK)
1 - Hammer (rel)

Leaving for the airport in a few moments.