Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

newarenanow wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:So why can't we just kill redwill today, let thehammer die, and just kill THG tomorrow?
Does hammer die if we don't kill thg?
Allegedly, but does it matter? If he dies, we will know that THG is ostensibly red. I'd rather kill redwill today. That way, we get the answers to both the redwill question (especially in light of SDD's postmortem revelation), and also get the answer to this scenario. Kill two bird with one stone. If TH24 was telling the truth, just kill THG tomorrow. No harm, no foul.

oscar THG

razzy redwill
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

newarenanow wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:So why can't we just kill redwill today, let thehammer die, and just kill THG tomorrow?
Yes.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Allegedly, but does it matter? If he dies, we will know that THG is ostensibly red. I'd rather kill redwill today. That way, we get the answers to both the redwill question (especially in light of SDD's postmortem revelation), and also get the answer to this scenario. Kill two bird with one stone. If TH24 was telling the truth, just kill THG tomorrow. No harm, no foul.

oscar THG

razzy redwill
Except you lose a known townie. That's insane.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Except you're not a "known townie"
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Except you're not a "known townie"
Well, yeah that's true. Shrug.

Aside from my naked claims, following my suggestion kills THG - shows the existence of the purple role. It may show you that I joined the town, it may now. But at the very least, you can cross-reference the existence of the purple role with the write up in which I executed Rel's kill while THG executed the Reds kill. I think and I hope this is enough to get you to believe that I become part of the town once the purple thing is done and THG would have become part of the Reds.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:

Aside from my naked claims, following my suggestion kills THG - shows the existence of the purple role. It may show you that I joined the town, it may now. But at the very least, you can cross-reference the existence of the purple role with the write up in which I executed Rel's kill while THG executed the Reds kill. I think and I hope this is enough to get you to believe that I become part of the town once the purple thing is done and THG would have become part of the Reds.
Your suggestion is at loggerheads with your proposal that the town should only be worried about reds. When I, ostensibly, suggested the same thing that shaf has a couple pages ago, you perceived as a being a red talking. In reality, I was trying to say "if we think we have a red here, lets not get sidetracked by these independents." Which is what you advised that we should do. By going forward with a redwill kill (or whoever else), we are taking a crack at finding a red, while assuring that one of two independents (who we have some questions about) will die. The vig could take out thg then or we could vote him tomorrow.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TheHammer24 wrote:

I'm guessing the reds don't know who you are, and it could be coincedence that's how the kill went.

I'm starting to think the easiest way, and the best way for the village is to kill redwill, let you die, kill Krafster tonight, and then kill thg tomorrow. That answers 4 questions in a span of a day and a half. One of you have to be red IMO as well.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

We're not independent - we're pink - and we become green/red after today. Your argument is basically let's take out someone that might be a red and in the process create another red. My story is utterly consistent with the write up, you eliminate two reds and gain a green in one foul swoop. You have to cross-reference my assertion with the write-up, though, so I admit that is tough. Also, I didn't realize you suggested the same thing as Shaf, or at least you didn't articulate it the same way. It has a solid basis, I guess.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

newarenanow wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

I'm guessing the reds don't know who you are, and it could be coincedence that's how the kill went.
That's exactly what happened. But in that coincidence (both Purples shot at on the same night) we were able to see that I am the good Purple and THG is the bad Purple.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think the last thing we should do is what hammer suggests. I'm voting redwill. I think I did earlier, but if not,
Razz red
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TheHammer24 wrote:That's exactly what happened. But in that coincidence (both Purples shot at on the same night) we were able to see that I am the good Purple and THG is the bad Purple.
I'd guess the reds wouldn't know who thg was either. So I don't know how that proves anything.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

oscar thgraz redwillI think this is the best route and will get the most answered in the shortest period of time.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:We're not independent - we're pink - and we become green/red after today. Your argument is basically let's take out someone that might be a red and in the process create another red. My story is utterly consistent with the write up, you eliminate two reds and gain a green in one foul swoop. You have to cross-reference my assertion with the write-up, though, so I admit that is tough. Also, I didn't realize you suggested the same thing as Shaf, or at least you didn't articulate it the same way. It has a solid basis, I guess.
So you made up a story consistent with the write up? Shocking. I believe you for the most part, up until the part about you becoming good. Possible, yes. However, too shady to rely on and if it's not confirmed you're green you'll constantly be suspicious.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

newarenanow wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:That's exactly what happened. But in that coincidence (both Purples shot at on the same night) we were able to see that I am the good Purple and THG is the bad Purple.
I'd guess the reds wouldn't know who thg was either. So I don't know how that proves anything.
Well, I understand his thinking. He's saying that since rel admitted to shooting thg, and rel's kill was "carried through" Hammer, it is suggestive of him being a good purple. The problem with the thinking is that we have a third night shooter in this game, so there is no basis for knowing whether it was a red kill or a third party kill that was aiming at Hammer (which was carried out by thg in the write up).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

razzy redwill
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

7 - redwill (WK, mac, MWB, klinger, shaf, nan, kraft)
1 - THG (Hammer)
1 - Hammer (rel)
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Well, I understand his thinking. He's saying that since rel admitted to shooting thg, and rel's kill was "carried through" Hammer, it is suggestive of him being a good purple. The problem with the thinking is that we have a third night shooter in this game, so there is no basis for knowing whether it was a red kill or a third party kill that was aiming at Hammer (which was carried out by thg in the write up).
I'm Green not Purple after today. Or I'm dead, which is looking increasingly likely. I didn't make the story up consistent with the write up. In fact, you can see that after Rel admitted he shot at THG, I put all the pieces together.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

WAIT!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

TheHammer24 wrote:WAIT!
lol, now what?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

save redwill

I'll listen.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

This role blows, it absolutely sucks. You need to catch lightning in a bottle to get it to work.

In any event, I'm not invincible after tonight, I am Green JOAT with kill, see, protect, and role block. I made the invicible because I knew the reds had to have killed me and I figured they'd believe it. I guess if you want to take a chance and get JOAT powers to compensate for everything you've lost, you can. I also can kill Redwill tonight if you want. That will accomplish the same thing Shad is suggesting by lynching me.

1) Kill Hammer + Redwill today
2) Kill THG Tomorrow.

My suggestion

1) Lynch THG now
2) I'll kill Redwill tonight
3) Hammer will be toast by reds or the lynch mob.

Same thing same time period. Hopefully me shooting Redwill get you to believe me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

No
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:This role blows, it absolutely sucks. You need to catch lightning in a bottle to get it to work.
TheHammer24 wrote:The goal isn't really that extraordinary.
:lol:
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:No
Why?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner