Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by TheHammer24 »

^ Edit: I misread my role. It says that I would immediately resurrected at night, and that is exactly what happened.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

^ Edit 2: So the reds definitely shot me and failed last night.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

relantel shot you?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:relantel shot you?
I originally suggested that the write up read like it did because the reds tried to kill me but couldn't. That explained the bullet that went soaring by THG and the Highlander roles explained why me and THG were in the write up. I saw THG at night and now know I must kill him. I also originally thought that I was resurrected the following night but in copying the resurrection aspect of my role, I read that at night I was indeed resurrected immediately.

However, Rel asserted he shot THG as a means of trying to show that I am lying. If rel is honest, my assertions still make sense. The bullet came from Rel to THG. THG can't die just like I can't die before we see each other and try and to kill each other. The reds killed me and I was resurrected immediately, as my role said I would.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

rel said he shot thg
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Here is what I think we should do to make it easy/answer all questions.

1) lynch thg
2) vig shoot Kraftster tonight if you have a bullet
3) kill hammer tomorrow
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
rel said he shot thg
Ah, yes. My bad.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

newarenanow wrote:Here is what I think we should do to make it easy/answer all questions.

1) lynch thg
2) vig shoot Kraftster tonight if you have a bullet
3) kill hammer tomorrow
To be honest, that makes a lot of sense, and that is exactly what I would do if I were the village. It was my plan to argue you should do this from the start if THG saw me first.

You will have to say goodbye to Highlander :-(.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

The other option would be to keep me around for a while until you start suspecting me. For instance, perhaps I can nail a red right off the bat and you believe me that I am on your side. But if you honestly don't think you can go on with the uncertainty surround me or if THG comes in here and makes the same assertions that I am right now, I agree that you do exactly what nan suggested and kill TehHammer
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

We did exactly what nan suggested last night and killed a green.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote: Your post only makes sense if you assume that I am taking your word as true. My entire basis for making that suggestion, as my several posts before it indicate, is premised upon disbelieving your claims. You are merely attempting to deflect the attention that your post is receiving with this post.
So your assertions are based on me,
1. in my fifth game,
2. creating a role that has never existed before,
3. based on a TV show/movie I have never seen (I watch the Jersey Shore, kids)
3. when there hasn't been a single vote on me the entire game,
4. and I agreed to vote for the guy on whom the bandwagon was forming on the next day,

With the goal of: eliminating a player that seemed to be headed that way in the next couple of days?
Your overreaction is telling. I said from the get go that I believed about 90% of what you posted. The only thing I have trouble believing is your story for how this all plays out to the benefit of everyone else if we listen to you. That's what an independent always has to do to be successful. Its possible that you will aid the village, but I suggested that we should question that before following you. I never came close to suggesting your 1-5.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Gaucho wrote:We did exactly what nan suggested last night and killed a green.
It would have been nice if Loaf spoke up.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I was losing track of where we are at with things:

4 - redwill (WK, mac, MWB, klinger)
3 - THG (Hammer, shaf, nan)
1 - Hammer (rel)
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

relantel - did you shoot at redwill night 1?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

newarenanow wrote:
Gaucho wrote:We did exactly what nan suggested last night and killed a green.
It would have been nice if Loaf spoke up.
He did. He said "Game on!" before he disappeared. :lol:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I don't think I recall a game where a vig has shot twice and the kills failed both times.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote: Your overreaction is telling. I said from the get go that I believed about 90% of what you posted. The only thing I have trouble believing is your story for how this all plays out to the benefit of everyone else if we listen to you. That's what an independent always has to do to be successful. Its possible that you will aid the village, but I suggested that we should question that before following you. I never came close to suggesting your 1-5.
I thought you were questioning 1-5; I think Rel was too. I got 9 hours of life left and the life of the village is also very dependent on this, thus the strong reaction.

For what it's worth, you searched for as much info as possible then concluded that we could just leave it go, which, if I was telling the truth, would leave the reds in the best position possible.

You should have no fear of me being independent, period. Try to kill the reds. If you have killed all of them and I'm still around, you could kill me. There's no way for me to be successful as an independent because I need to Role Claim to live.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

relantel wrote:I don't think I recall a game where a vig has shot twice and the kills failed both times.
So did you shoot at redwill or not?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:I don't think I recall a game where a vig has shot twice and the kills failed both times.
Who else did you shoot besides thg.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Here's the last game with whacky roles:

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=57305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There was so many mysterious failed shootings in that game too, including a you-must-shoot-someone-twice rule.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

ps - quoting from PMs...
Pavel Bure wrote:*Yeaaaahhhhh I know I didn't explicitly say this but don't post any PMs from myself or others so if you could go ahead and not do that, that'd be great.*
so is the quote a lie? Or not as serious as to warrant a modkill in Pavel's mind?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

relantel wrote:ps - quoting from PMs...
Pavel Bure wrote:*Yeaaaahhhhh I know I didn't explicitly say this but don't post any PMs from myself or others so if you could go ahead and not do that, that'd be great.*
so is the quote a lie? Or not as serious as to warrant a modkill in Pavel's mind?
Let me mod the game brother :wink: It is serious and was dealt with.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

That's up to, Pavel. And I imagine fake PM quoting is just as bad as real PM quoting. The longer explanation in my own words though.

I have to say this about my fellow NASCAR Fan, Relantel, though. What are your concerns about me lying? Do you think I fabricated the entire story?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

hammer, your claim is not entirely implausable to me - I could see Pavel doing wacky roles like this. The stickler is (and to qualify, this assumes I read the writeup correctly) THG only was shot at once. You clamimed to have seen, then shot, THG. My bullet went to THG. I only saw one missed shot.

the only other failed kill to date in the game was also my bullet. though the Doctor later dying without revealing a protect that night still don't know about the survivor Trooper Thorn.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

relantel wrote:hammer, your claim is not entirely implausable to me - I could see Pavel doing wacky roles like this. The stickler is (and to qualify, this assumes I read the writeup correctly) THG only was shot at once. You clamimed to have seen, then shot, THG. My bullet went to THG. I only saw one missed shot.

the only other failed kill to date in the game was also my bullet. though the Doctor later dying without revealing a protect that night still don't know about the survivor Trooper Thorn.
I think the post that Willie quoted from SDD comes as close to saying he didn't protect redwill as you can get.

Rel - are you saying you did not kill one of columbia/canaan?