Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Kraftster »

I would add a third option to that list. 3) Just go about the game without getting caught up in this side thing.

I think we should wait to hear from thg, but my concern is, thg can easily come in and say "I'm the Highlander, Hammer is the Kurgan. He becomes bad, I become good." There's really no way to know whether Hammer switched their roles (if we believe everything else). Obviously neither one of them can get the village to vote for the other by saying "kill Hammer/THG so I can become red."
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Now would be a good time for thg to show up.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

newarenanow wrote:I believe Hammer is what he is saying he is. There was no heat on him whatso ever and he came out. I also believe what he is saying about thg.

The only thing that worries me is that him saying he just becomes part of the town if he accomplishes killing thg first. Like Kraftster said, that isn't much of a reward for this. But one way or another, one of thg or Hammer has to die first, so unless they are the last two playing one of them gots to go.

Also, I think rel just outed himself as the vig.
I'm essentially an angel that gets/has-to protect myself every night. How is that not a great reward for the town?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This is also why you should complete votes before a deadline and also not let the deadline hit with a tie or w/o a majority.

thg should have been 2 days ago.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

TheHammer24 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I believe Hammer is what he is saying he is. There was no heat on him whatso ever and he came out. I also believe what he is saying about thg.

The only thing that worries me is that him saying he just becomes part of the town if he accomplishes killing thg first. Like Kraftster said, that isn't much of a reward for this. But one way or another, one of thg or Hammer has to die first, so unless they are the last two playing one of them gots to go.

I'm essentially an angel that gets/has-to protect myself every night. How is that not a great reward for the town?
You aren't green and have your own mission. Who knows if you are independent and have your own agenda.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:

This just doesn't work, man. According to you, the inverse is true of THG. So, you're basically saying that THG becomes a red who cannot be killed. Umm...
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:I would add a third option to that list. 3) Just go about the game without getting caught up in this side thing.

I think we should wait to hear from thg, but my concern is, thg can easily come in and say "I'm the Highlander, Hammer is the Kurgan. He becomes bad, I become good." There's really no way to know whether Hammer switched their roles (if we believe everything else). Obviously neither one of them can get the village to vote for the other by saying "kill Hammer/THG so I can become red."
You're really making me curious with your route, though. I completely agree with your logic, but there has been a lot of heat on you this game, and I thought that you were being genuine and not red. However, you're advocating pretty hard to just let me die, and that's exactly what the reds would want, wouldn't they?

After all, the reds will learn the truth--they can communicate with their teammates. On the other hand, NAN is taking the approach of a blue--he knows that whatever happens after today (believe me or not) the village is going to be uncertain as to the outcome. That's why he came up with the much more logical approach to kill us both.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

i am sure Pavel is in the back room laughing his ass off right now.

the only thing in hammer's favor is thg not dying after the doctor (presumably angel) was dead.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

This just doesn't work, man. According to you, the inverse is true of THG. So, you're basically saying that THG becomes a red who cannot be killed. Umm...
I don't know what is true of THG. I think getting an immortal green or an extra red is about equal.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I would add a third option to that list. 3) Just go about the game without getting caught up in this side thing.

You're really making me curious with your route, though. I completely agree with your logic, but there has been a lot of heat on you this game, and I thought that you were being genuine and not red. However, you're advocating pretty hard to just let me die, and that's exactly what the reds would want, wouldn't they?

After all, the reds will learn the truth--they can communicate with their teammates. On the other hand, NAN is taking the approach of a blue--he knows that whatever happens after today (believe me or not) the village is going to be uncertain as to the outcome. That's why he came up with the much more logical approach to kill us both.
I was throwing it out as a possibility for discussion. If you think that was my best advocacy, you are sadly mistaken. :P

I did not think killing both of you was feasible since when one of you dies the other one becomes invincible?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

You know, maybe we should just kill thg and get it over with.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

I was throwing it out as a possibility for discussion. If you think that was my best advocacy, you are sadly mistaken. :P

I did not think killing both of you was feasible since when one of you dies the other one becomes invincible?
I don't know about your advocacy, :pop:.

Second - good point, and I guess that's the risk. You can kill me by just not lynching THG. But like I've been saying, I am assuming THG can't be purely immortal, if he's going to be a red. Again, my assertions re THG are speculative. I know all of my powers. After that, I assume THG "Kurgan" character will turn red. That's all I really know about THG. Also, my immortality is only during the night phases; I could still be lynched, I guess. I'm a perpetual angel that protects myself---that's how you should think about my powers.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:

Hammer... I believe you mostly, but based on your last post I have two potential issues...

1. nan's approach works if Kraftster isn't right and you don't automatically win by us lynching thg...
2. rel claimed to shoot thg last night, and he didn't die... this gives weight to both of you being Highlanders, but we don't know that we would be able to kill either one of you after lynching the other...

I have no clue what to do with this news right now... I am still inclined to believe you, but the thought of an independent having the ability to win this game outright is giving me pause.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

I don't know about your advocacy, :pop:.

Second - good point, and I guess that's the risk. You can kill me by just not lynching THG. But like I've been saying, I am assuming THG can't be purely immortal, if he's going to be a red. Again, my assertions re THG are speculative. I know all of my powers. After that, I assume THG "Kurgan" character will turn red. That's all I really know about THG. Also, my immortality is only during the night phases; I could still be lynched, I guess. I'm a perpetual angel that protects myself---that's how you should think about my powers.
Sorry... missed this post in typing my other one... I guess as the village could decide to lynch both of you over the next two days... but that means we give the reds free reign while we deal with that... and we still don't have an answer to the possibility of you winning this one for yourself. (Not that we will just can't make up my mind on that one yet).
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

1. nan's approach works if Kraftster isn't right and you don't automatically win by us lynching thg...
Like I said, based on my guessing of how THG's role must have worked, there's no way this can be the way it works because one of us would automatically win the game when this happens. If you really think I might be independent, it's still preferable to believe me now and lynch me after you get the reds.
2. rel claimed to shoot thg last night, and he didn't die... this gives weight to both of you being Highlanders, but we don't know that we would be able to kill either one of you after lynching the other...
It still comports with my assertions and the write up, except he reason there was a shot at THG was because rel shot him, not because I saw him. The game is built on us not being able to die until one of us sees each other. The reds must have shot at me too; otherwise, where was the red kill?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

relantel wrote:razzy hammer. Don't believe him because I shot thg.
Did everyone seem to overlook this post on the previous page?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kraftster wrote:I became a bit suspicious of relantel yesterday as well. The cautioning the group about moving too quickly isn't atypical, but the providing no thoughts or theories to discuss while we slow it down definitely is. Only getting the first half of the relantel contribution seems like posting for the sake of not being looked at as a quiet player.

I do think redwill is is still a good vote. He's been becoming more and more suspicious to me the longer he stays around. WK digs up a great find for us, which seems to provide support for the idea that redwill is not green. Him possibly being green was the only reason to possibly delay a redwill vote before today, I think.
Yet you were still willing to vote redwill even with the possibility of him being green?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
relantel wrote:razzy hammer. Don't believe him because I shot thg.
Did everyone seem to overlook this post on the previous page?
I just responded to it through Klinger's post. I don't see how that undermines my assertions at all; in fact, it might further them.

What we/I know:

I cannot be killed nor can THG be killed before one sees the other and we engage in this battle. After the battle, I become a night-protected RP for the town. (I think I implied this was pure immortal -- I'm only purely immortal during the pre-battle phase. After that, I'm night protected. I assume this is because this battle would make no sense then. As soon as I won it and didn't become red, the reds could just kill me the next night.

Rel shot THG last night

I saw THG last night, and I must kill him today.

What I think:

THG becomes red -- that creates symmetry.
I suppose he could be night protected, but that would be a bit much to give a red.
Rel shot THG, he couldn't die for the same reasons I couldn't die.
The reds shot me, I couldn't die.

I previously just thought that the shot at THG was the shot of the reds missing me, but again, the fact that that shot was at THG doesn't undermine my arguments at all.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I became a bit suspicious of relantel yesterday as well. The cautioning the group about moving too quickly isn't atypical, but the providing no thoughts or theories to discuss while we slow it down definitely is. Only getting the first half of the relantel contribution seems like posting for the sake of not being looked at as a quiet player.

I do think redwill is is still a good vote. He's been becoming more and more suspicious to me the longer he stays around. WK digs up a great find for us, which seems to provide support for the idea that redwill is not green. Him possibly being green was the only reason to possibly delay a redwill vote before today, I think.
Yet you were still willing to vote redwill even with the possibility of him being green?
FYI: Kraft is almost certainly red. He is smart, and I called him out on what he was doing by suggesting we ignore this side battle. He knew that he would figure out the question immediately after today.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

MWB wrote:

I, personally, did not believe that redwill was green, but I could understand there being some hesitation from others for that reason.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am sticking with THG purely for answered questions.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
MWB wrote:

FYI: Kraft is almost certainly red. He is smart, and I called him out on what he was doing by suggesting we ignore this side battle. He knew that he would figure out the question immediately after today.
Your post only makes sense if you assume that I am taking your word as true. My entire basis for making that suggestion, as my several posts before it indicate, is premised upon disbelieving your claims. You are merely attempting to deflect the attention that your post is receiving with this post.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote: Your post only makes sense if you assume that I am taking your word as true. My entire basis for making that suggestion, as my several posts before it indicate, is premised upon disbelieving your claims. You are merely attempting to deflect the attention that your post is receiving with this post.
So your assertions are based on me,
1. in my fifth game,
2. creating a role that has never existed before,
3. based on a TV show/movie I have never seen (I watch the Jersey Shore, kids)
3. when there hasn't been a single vote on me the entire game,
4. and I agreed to vote for the guy on whom the bandwagon was forming on the next day,

With the goal of: eliminating a player that seemed to be headed that way in the next couple of days?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

TheHammer24 wrote: Rel shot THG, he couldn't die for the same reasons I couldn't die.
The thing that bothers me is that thg didn't die when shot at - but the write up makes it clear that you did. If you are immortal, why were you dead? I have to think it is more likely you are a Judas.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Willie Kool wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote: Rel shot THG, he couldn't die for the same reasons I couldn't die.
The thing that bothers me is that thg didn't die when shot at - but the write up makes it clear that you did. If you are immortal, why were you dead? I have to think it is more likely you are a Judas.
Sloppy write up? I don't know. That's actually a good point. The role said that

"If you are lynched you get a write up and appear as a normal townie however the next day you are resurrected. If you are killed at night you get a write up the next day but are resurrected immediately."

I assumed that would be the case, but because I also saw THG that night, I assumed I died and was resurrected on the same night.

Why THG did not die? I don't know - maybe his write up said something different. Maybe it would have looked weird if we both died at night.