Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

relantel is always doing the "doesn't like bandwagons" thing. Did he bring that up after the voting started on Loaf? Or when it was still on redwill?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

shafnutz05 wrote:relantel is always doing the "doesn't like bandwagons" thing. Did he bring that up after the voting started on Loaf? Or when it was still on redwill?
Oh he definitely does. I just think he typically contributes more than only the "put no the brakes" routine.

It was on a redwill vote, but when there were only 3 votes on him.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

hmmmmmmm
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

mac5155 wrote:Razzy redwill

Forgive me for jumping in now but I don't think I can do
Much worse than yinz
Coloring my vote since it wasn't before.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

After yesterday, I think we either need to look into redwill, Kraftster, TheHammer or thg.

razzy redwill
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Guys... sorry, it's been a crazy couple of days... missed the 2pm deadline announcement yesterday due to meetings in the morning, and came back to see that we had lost two greens in the process. At least we didn’t lose anyone last night! After reading back through to catch up here are a few thoughts...

I think Willie Kool's observation that SDD said he didn't save redwill is a good one. My only thought based on the Night 1 write up was that redwill had saved himself. When he didn't come back as the doctor my only basis for thinking he was green disappeared. red specifically stated that he wasn't the seer in this game, but he's good enough to be the seer and pull off trying to play off that he isn't. He's also good enough to be bad and make us think he's green or blue in the process.

Not sure what to make of the “near miss” on thg from last night’s write up. Both thg and redwill have been “shot at” but didn’t die. I guess that means that we have a vig who’s a terrible shot? Or there was a protection used there for thg as well? There’s something fishy about that.

I’m also curious about Hammer (now the zombie) coming back to life… coming back to life could mean a role change one way or the other for Hammer (especially knowing that there could be any number of roles out there right now).

At this point I will have to agree with Willie Kool’s observation. If SDD didn’t save him, how is he still alive?

Raz redwill
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm blue. But, bleh, I'm really busy today. Go ahead.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lack of participation is killing the game again
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Here's exactly what happened, and you can't kill redwill yet -- I have no idea how to play this other than to come out and say so:

I am one of two Highlanders. I am a distant member of the Macleod clan, and as a highlander I cannot die. If I am lynched or killed at night, I am immediately resurrected. However, there can only be one Highlander, and because of this my goal is to hunt down The Kurganand kill him.

I get to investigate one player a night to see if he is The Kurgan and I find out if he is Yes the Kurgan or not the Kurgan. As soon as I have found him, I have to convince the village to lynch him immediately. If I fail, I die at the end of the day. This is the only way a Highlander can be killed. Upon becoming the only Highlander left you will join the town.

THG is the Kurgan; I saw him last night. We need to lunch him immediately, or I die. And because The Highlander becomes part of the town upon victory, I must assume that The Kurgan becomes one of the bad guys.

Last night, it seems clear to me that the reds tried to kill me and failed. I saw THG last night too. Thus the write up -- I tried to kill THG, and I came back to life with the reds kill because I'm immortal and need to kill THG during today's day phase.

I will fully support a Redwill kill tomorrow, but it must be THG right now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Whoa....interesting.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

shafnutz05 wrote:Whoa....interesting.
I'm not sure that interesting even comes close to describing it :shock:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I don't see any reason for TH24 to come out with this elaborate story if it wasn't legit. I still want to kill redwill tomorrow, but I don't mind going after THG today.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Okay, I'm trying to follow this. Some questions, Hammer.

Your role is "The Highlander," and you are one of two "Highlanders," is that correct?

THG is "a Highlander" but he is "The Kurgan," do I have this right?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I don't know anything about Highlander so....
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

TheHammer24 wrote:We need to lunch him immediately.
Yum.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:Okay, I'm trying to follow this. Some questions, Hammer.

Your role is "The Highlander," and you are one of two "Highlanders," is that correct?

I don't really know Highlander, but I am one of two Highlanders; my character is part of the MacLeod clan and I'm looking for the Kurgan. According to wiki the Kurgan was the antagonists and Connor MacLeod was the Protagnoist. At first, I thought this was a pointless competition between me and the Kurgan, but after Wiki'ing and last night's write-up, this game-within-a-game determines who gets an extra player.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Connor MacLeod was born in 1518 in Glenfinnan, Scotland near the shores of Loch Shiel. During a battle between the Clan MacLeod and the Clan Fraser in 1536, he faced an evil Immortal referred to as The Kurgan, and was dealt what should have been a fatal blow. When Connor did not die, the townspeople (including his family) believed his recovery was the work of witchcraft, and threatened to burn him at the stake. Connor's kinsman, and clan chieftain, Angus MacLeod, instead demanded that he only be banished. Connor wandered around the land until he met Heather MacDonald, the daughter of a blacksmith. The two fell in love, and married in 1539. In 1541, he met an Immortal named Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez, who became Connor's mentor and taught him the ways of Immortals, and of "The Game."[3]
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oscar Redwill

razzy THG

But yeah....redwill has got to go tomorrow.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Wow.

save redwill
kill thg
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Okay, I'm trying to follow this. Some questions, Hammer.

I don't really know Highlander, but I am one of two Highlanders; my character is part of the MacLeod clan and I'm looking for the Kurgan. According to wiki the Kurgan was the antagonists and Connor MacLeod was the Protagnoist. At first, I thought this was a pointless competition between me and the Kurgan, but after Wiki'ing and last night's write-up, this game-within-a-game determines who gets an extra player.
Well, here is what my concerns are, Hammer.

I read your comment that you would become a member of the "town" to say that you would become a blue. That doesn't seem like much of a reward for a truly daunting task that you've been given if we are to believe you. I would be more inclined to believe that you win the game if we vote for THG right here if we believe the rest of your post. If you are saying that all we gain by following you on this THG vote is a blue, then I think I'd rather not take the chance that you win the game as an independent if we follow you.

I have no trouble believing 90% of what you posted, but the typical goal of an independent player as well as the near impossibility of your task would lead me to believe that a greater reward awaits you if successful. If your goal is to get THG voted out during the day phase following your discovery, one would expect that you'd have to take some liberties with your precise role in order to convince us of that.

I think we should discuss this a bit more before bandwagoning thg.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

razzy hammer. Don't believe him because I shot thg.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

The goal isn't really that extraordinary. It has exactly a 50% chance of success--either me or THG will succeed. If you don't lynch THG, THG becomes red (or under your theory, HE wins the game). The burden really just depended on who found whom first.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:The goal isn't really that extraordinary. It has exactly a 50% chance of success--either me or THG will succeed. If you don't lynch THG, THG becomes red (or under your theory, HE wins the game). The burden really just depended on who found whom first.
To find the one person in the game that is out there and then convince the village to vote for them on a specific day? That's awfully difficult, I think.

See that is the other thing that puzzles me. You have this difficult task, but if you fail to get him killed today, then thg "wins" by default.

I'm not saying I'm certain I don't believe you, I just want to explore this a bit -- doesn't make sense to me a first blush.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I believe Hammer is what he is saying he is. There was no heat on him whatso ever and he came out. I also believe what he is saying about thg.

The only thing that worries me is that him saying he just becomes part of the town if he accomplishes killing thg first. Like Kraftster said, that isn't much of a reward for this. But one way or another, one of thg or Hammer has to die first, so unless they are the last two playing one of them gots to go.

Also, I think rel just outed himself as the vig.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

We could go about this one of two ways:

1) Kill thg and then see what happens with Hammer

2) Kill Hammer, and then shoot thg tonight if the writeup shows Hammer is telling the truth.