Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by thehockeyguru »

I've got nothing to really say at this point other than I'm blue. I don't plan on voting this phase either, but if I did it would go to Kraftster. I think we can learn a little from it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Deadline hit, write up coming.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

columbia wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:I don't feel too good about any of this right now. I think the THG vote is dumb. He's blue. Complete non-parts almost always turn out blue. Krafster hasn't done anything for me to really suspect him. I hate the redwill vote. As I said previously, it's stupid to go after people that suspect someone -- we just encourage more quietness, which we said we wanted to avoid! That kind of goes to the Kraft logic as well. He put himself out there and everyone latched on.

I'm going with WK's logic.

Lynch Juice
You think the THG vote on a quiet player is dumb, so your vote is on another quiet player? :?
No. I said based on WK's logic. Non-part's are different than vote-and-lurk, in my opinion.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Everyone just kind of sat around and drank coffee, not many talked, Andy was asked about his time in prison but kept his trap shut. There was some anger, and a few non-sense kind of things said. I know what the problem was, the writers went on strike and the village of box office wars had no lines. Well guess what. The strike is over and if people don't participate two days in a row well then this interview will happen.
[youtube][/youtube]
And then you will be mod killed. Due to a majority not being reached no one was killed for the day.

It's now night 3, RPs get me your PMs, if/when the day starts this weekend I'll let it run the whole weekend since it's so nice out and well St. Pattys day.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

honestly, i think the time limits are too big, but thats just me. it gets too drawn out.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:honestly, i think the time limits are too big, but thats just me. it gets too drawn out.
:thumb: There is just no urgency to get to a majority vote. If people aren't going to die because of it, we are never going to get any answers.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Just my observation but the non-participation is really what is crapping all over everything. People complained on shorter time limits of not being able to participate, then when given a longer time limit they don't participate anyway. The time limit doesn't really matter anyway as you can come to a majority way before the time limit comes into play. It seems people are so scared of being voted out of the game they won't talk. It seems like instead of the goal being to help your side win, the goal for most people has become "don't get lynched" Just because you may get voted out doesn't mean you have lost, that's just how the game is played. As for not getting a majority that only hurts the town because they get zero info from trains and don't get the chance to whack a red during the day. Strategy should be to lynch someone even if you're not comfortable with it because that's what gets you info, typically in games I've played elsewhere when this day got down to an hour left people would have voted for whoever had the most votes just to get info even if they didn't really agree with the reasoning. As it is everyone is scared to make a wrong move that will make them a target so the good guys screw themselves. Additionally killing the person who has the most votes IMO is pointless because it doesn't reflect a majority, especially if someone only has 4 or 5 votes on them with ~20 people in the game. If people agree or disagree they need to participate and vote or steer the group some other way. As far as the time limits IMO they're fine, like I said a majority vote moves the days along faster, and when I get PMs that moves the nights faster. On the weekend side of things people complained last game because people are busy on the weekend so IMO that has to have a longer time limit. Lastly it's been insanely nice the past couple of days so that could explain the non-participation. But what I said above about the focus shifting from helping your side win to "I better not say anything so I don't get voted out." is the biggest problem I've seen since returning to playing.

/end rant
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

The village just has to kill blues - it's completely unsurprising that day 2 is quiet if you do random.org on day 1.

Ps - I was under the impression that a maj need not be reached to kill. I prolly woulda killed THG then.

Also long deadline do create more inaction because the reds don't need to scramble.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

killing quiets also forces the baddies to talk.

im down for this idea.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Ok no more talking, deadline stays as is, if majority isn't reached its a no kill.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Is the game still on?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Yea just got last pm am out for st. Pats will try get it started when I can get to a pc
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I assume most of us will be going out tonight, so I guess there's no hurry.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Ow my head, write up coming.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Travis Bickle (Columbia) lay in his bed with visions of hidden guns and righting what he felt was wrong dancing through his head. But not all was well, this was his dream and it wasn't going right. He wasn't punishing the wrong doers, everything he did failed. And then a loud crack came from somewhere and Tavis's eyes popped open. Looking out the window he saw Bill the Butcher (canaan) fighting with someone he couldn't quite see. Back and forth, Bill spewing native rhetoric and swearing loudly while screaming he was gonna to gut the unseen man like a fish. Travis watched as Bill raised his cleaver ready for a killing blow when out of no where Bill was cut, and cut badly. Bill fell to his knees and Travis so locked in on watching the scene didn't hear the door to his apartment open. Just as Travis was about to see who was such a formidable foe for Bill a wire was twisted around his neck, Travis's last memory was of seeing Bill the Butcher slain in the night but no one would ever know who did it as the life had also been taken out of Travis. Today in Boxoffice town begins with 2 dead.

Travis Bickle (Columbia) town mason and Bill the Butcher (Canaan) normal townie lay dead.

Dead
PFIDC - normal townie
Benny Fitz - normal townie
Npv708 - JOAT traitor
Columbia - town mason
Canaan - normal townie

With 16 left it takes 9 to razzy deadline is 1PM 3/19.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Good luck village!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So, do we go for quiet and hope to get them out or does someone have another idea? I still would be fine with a Kraftster vote, but we can't just let quiet players run te game.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

I say if we do go for a quiet player, we should go for one that has voted. Juice has posted once - his vote for Benny. Slappy has posted twice - votes for Benny and redwill. I could go for either one. I still think it is likely there were at least two reds on the Benny vote.
Benny Fitz (11) - Shaf, columbia, slappy, nan, kraftster, MWB, thehammer24, SDD, relantel, canaan, Juice
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

poison Juice
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

lynch Kraftster
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Willie Kool wrote:I say if we do go for a quiet player, we should go for one that has voted. Juice has posted once - his vote for Benny. Slappy has posted twice - votes for Benny and redwill. I could go for either one. I still think it is likely there were at least two reds on the Benny vote.
Benny Fitz (11) - Shaf, columbia, slappy, nan, kraftster, MWB, thehammer24, SDD, relantel, canaan, Juice
I agree as between non-talkers these are the two best choices. I'd be more inclined to vote for slappy.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

poison Juice. I like this. I'll renew it this round.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Razzy juice

Color please

I am fine with this.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Juice is the easy vote, which makes me somewhat leery of going that way.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

It seems strange that he has not participated at all except being the 11th vote on Benny.