Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Willie Kool »

Hammer, while that logic may be sound, I think it is just as likely that there were 2 reds on the Benny vote. It seems in past games that has been the case.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Willie Kool wrote:Hammer, while that logic may be sound, I think it is just as likely that there were 2 reds on the Benny vote. It seems in past games that has been the case.
Pfft. We're coming a long way, at least, if you didn't immediately lynch me for that post. :fist:

I'll Save Gaucho

Damnit, I think I'm a genius, then I fall flat on my face. The total non-parts typically turn out blue, I guess.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

TheHammer24 wrote:Damnit, I think I'm a genius, then I fall flat on my face.
We were both guilty of that last game. :lol:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I didn't vote because I wasn't home all evening. That's all.

Evening for me, I should add.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Gaucho wrote:I didn't vote because I wasn't home all evening. That's all.

Where do you live?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I guess my only other thought from Day 1 was for Hammer. He seemed a bit too eager to find someone to blame based upon the write up. Not really enough suspicion for me to cast a vote just yet, but that's about all I've got from yesterday's relatively quiet day.
I want to make a brief comment on Warz and this sentiment based on my brief time playing. This is now my 4th or 5th game.

I've been active in every game except the last one, which is because I was busy. Every time I've tried to help the village, look into write ups, find comparisons to previous games, discuss probability, or otherwise provide the village with more information it has led to people "suspecting" i had ulterior motives. Last game, I did nothing other than passively watch and look at vote patterns; I didn't even read the write ups, and it led to me not getting a SINGLE vote until it was down to the last day. In fact, whenever I started reading through everything, I started to think that I looked like the bad guy!

I'm not suggesting Kraft actually wants to vote for me, but I think we should be conscious of what's motivating our voting particularly in the early days. I'm guilty of it too. I thought redwill because he made a comment on what we should not ignore -- it's the only thing I could wrap a hand on. But then I stopped myself.

As a new face to this sphere, I think it's optimal to try to nab the quiet guys early in the game. Then we can compare all of the people who are talking. Moreover, when we get a red quiet guy, we can see how other people voted and start narrowing our list of suspects.
I don't disagree at all. I think one of the first games I played that had you in it I got slammed at work and it led you to be suspicious of me in the games after that because I was participating at my normal level. Its the unfortunate part of most wars games -- the quiet "strategy" (I won't glorify it as being a respected strategy) seems to be the safest way to get to the end of games.

I did not mean to point the finger at you for being active, but, rather, for your apparent eagerness to have the vote be based upon the write up when, to me, it was clear that (1) a ton of people's characters were referenced in the write up and (2) PB would not be dropping clues to the reds in every write up, at least from the outset of the game. Having that info in the write up seemed like an invitation by Pavel (although unintentional) for the reds to push a vote based upon that.

Unfortunately, the quiet ones don't give us anything to go off of in trying to piece things together early on, other than their being quiet at least.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

TheHammer24 wrote:

Where do you live?
The Pampas of Argentina, obviously.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

TheHammer24 wrote:

Where do you live?
Germany.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

Where do you live?
The Pampas of Argentina, obviously.

When you're experiencing a beautiful autumn, why stay indoors playing warz?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

lynch THG
He is normally more vocal, which is surprising that he hasn't been around yet.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Gaucho wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:

Where do you live?
Germany.
Like I said, Argentina.

:wink:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:lynch THG
He is normally more vocal, which is surprising that he hasn't been around yet.
i liked this vote on day 1 :thumb:

lynch THG
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

It seems everyone is quieter than normal, looking forward to the Pens game I guess.

frame Dufresne (thg)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kraftster wrote:I guess my only other thought from Day 1 was for Hammer. He seemed a bit too eager to find someone to blame based upon the write up. Not really enough suspicion for me to cast a vote just yet, but that's about all I've got from yesterday's relatively quiet day.
I agree with this line of thinking.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

And then I read Hammer's post right after what Kraftster said, and I actually agree with him as well.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:Based on my statement above, I say we throw everyone that didn't vote into second random.org:

Here's those that did not vote in Round 1. I think two did not talk at all - WK and THG. Loaf said "Game On" or something like that and that was it. Crpl (who's he?) said a lot.

4.thehockeyguru - Andy Dufresne
7.mac1511 - Lloyd Christmas
15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
17.Willie Kool - Walt Kowalski
18.npv708 - Arthur. King of the Britons
19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison
20.Loaf31 - President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

Code: Select all

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison
    15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
    20.Loaf31 - President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    4.thehockeyguru - Andy Dufresne
    18.npv708 - Arthur. King of the Britons
    17.Willie Kool - Walt Kowalski
    7.mac1511 - Lloyd Christmas

Timestamp: 2012-03-15 17:35:56 UTC
Lynch Gaucho
Have you attended the Juice School of Warz?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

razzy thg
I'm ok going after someone quiet.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Votes

Kraftster(1) - redwill
thehockeyguru(4) - SDD, canaan, Gaucho, nan

10 to lynch, deadline 12PM 3/16
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Since we've been through some nights, have to think thg is either blue, or a red who doesn't have any actions that can't be submitted by the other reds. In either case, we learn something important.

frame dufresne. (thanks to gaucho for idea)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

relantel wrote:Since we've been through some nights, have to think thg is either blue, or a red who doesn't have any actions that can't be submitted by the other reds. In either case, we learn something important.

frame dufresne. (thanks to gaucho for idea)
bah, forgot color.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Not to derail a thg bandwagon, but after day 1 there are two other guys who seem suspicious to me.

I thought redwill switching his vote off of me to thg in the middle of a Day 1 bandwagon seemed like an odd play. Why do anything there in the midst of a bandwagon on someone else. Maybe he knew benny was blue and didn't want to vote for him, but it still seems rather odd. It's possible that redwill knew something about benny or thg, but that wouldn't explain his initial vote on day 1. Something just seems suspicious about his switch to thg when he did, and then to see him not go after thg today.

Although redwill seems fishy to me, his post on Kraftster is intriguing because it did surprise me a little bit to see Kraftster go in early on benny fitz and then complain about about a quiet Day 1 today when he is partly to blame for that yesterday.

Without much to go on Day 2, I have to vote with the little bit of logic that I have, even if it's weak... I wanted to base my vote on something.

razzy Kraftster
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:Not to derail a thg bandwagon, but after day 1 there are two other guys who seem suspicious to me.

I thought redwill switching his vote off of me to thg in the middle of a Day 1 bandwagon seemed like an odd play. Why do anything there in the midst of a bandwagon on someone else. Maybe he knew benny was blue and didn't want to vote for him, but it still seems rather odd. It's possible that redwill knew something about benny or thg, but that wouldn't explain his initial vote on day 1. Something just seems suspicious about his switch to thg when he did, and then to see him not go after thg today.

Although redwill seems fishy to me, his post on Kraftster is intriguing because it did surprise me a little bit to see Kraftster go in early on benny fitz and then complain about about a quiet Day 1 today when he is partly to blame for that yesterday.

Without much to go on Day 2, I have to vote with the little bit of logic that I have, even if it's weak... I wanted to base my vote on something.

razzy Kraftster
"Little bit of logic" about says it. Are you sure your rank isn't private, corporal? I hope they don't trust you with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Odd train of thought, Hotshot.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Kraftster wrote:
Crpl_Klinger wrote:Not to derail a thg bandwagon, but after day 1 there are two other guys who seem suspicious to me.

razzy Kraftster
"Little bit of logic" about says it. Are you sure your rank isn't private, corporal? I hope they don't trust you with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon.
At least I'm trying to apply some logic instead of just complaining about how participating in the game puts heat on you. I just didn't want to cast a vote without a reason, and didn't want to just see another badwagon vote. IMO, I've offered more to the village today than you have thus far...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Seems like offering something just for the sake of being able to say you did if you ask me.

Let me plug the game into my formula:

A wars game started on LGP begins with a day 1 bandwagon. The votes start flying in. The vote crashes and burns and we only get a blue. Now, should we initiate a revote? Take the number of blues in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average number of days to find a red, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a revote, we don't do one.

So, based upon that, I'm going to pull out the old and dusty (where has he been) Troy Loney playbook and cast a vote to see if I can draw someone into the fray at least. I don't really have anything better right now. Mac has not posted at all yet and he's around everywhere else. Loaf said "game on!" and has not been around at all since. Coin flip says:

razzyberry mac5155