Post by Juice »

oface benny fitz
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by Benny Fitz »

2 votes away :?:

at first i thought this was a ruse to see how fast/and who jumped on my bandwagon in an attempt to gain some intel.

but now it looks as though im to be the first box office flop.

im a bit swol, but hey, someone has to go. just wish it would have been a less helpful player. go get'em village.

my contribution:
Benny Fitz (9) - Shaf, columbia, slappy, nan, kraftster, MWB, thehammer24, SDD, rel
thehockeyguru (2) - canaan, redwill
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

RIP BENNY FITZ
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Vote Total

Benny Fitz (11) - Shaf, columbia, slappy, nan, kraftster, MWB, thehammer24, SDD, relantel, canaan, Juice
thehockeyguru (1) - redwill

11 votes to lynch, deadline noon 3/15

Vote limit reached, write up coming
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Judge Doom rolled a barrel of the drink to the center of the 5 points. Gather round all if there's one thing I know a toon can't resist it's a shave and a haircut. He tapped his cane twice. Shave and a haircut. He tapped his cane again. El Superbeasto who was hiding behind a door started squirming, "A shave AND a haircut, why couldn't I have just chosen a box office character." The judge continued on around the center tapping on poles, on doors, on people even, nearly reenacting this scene word for word.
[youtube][/youtube](6 minute mark)
El Superbeasto couldn't contain himself, what toon could. He jumped out and screamed, "I need those two things!!!!" Judge Doom grabbed him with his rubber gloved hand, popped the lid off of the drink, and told the town, "This is what we voted for, now we'll see what this toon is made of!" In went El Superbeasto and when Doom pulled his hand out nothing was left but a blue skeleton. Benny "El Superbeasto" Fitz was just a normal townie

Dead
PFIDC - normal townie
Benny Fitz - normal townie

Role players get your PMs to me, you have 24 hours. If I get them early I'll start the day phase up. It's probably better for the flow of the game to just start the days when PMs get in, but I'll still give you guys 24 hours to come to a vote
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

All PMs in, write up coming.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Wandering the land searching for the holy grail can be hard work... maddening work. So much so that the fun loving, coconut clapping, "ni" saying Arthur, King of the Britons. He was starting to crack. Not very much but to the point where the documentary crew following him around couldn't show this scene in its entirety.
[youtube][/youtube]
As I stated Arthur the JOAT Traitor had been showing signs of cracking for some time and this is the time it seemed he finally performed an action that was over the line. Dismembering a simple knight that had just fought off highway bandits and wanted to return to his family. It seems due to his apparent crossing of the line and insanity the bad guys have done the town an inadvertent favor. Because while Arthur put on a good facade of holding it together and having the town's best interest in mind it wasn't going to be long before he turned on them. On his tomb stone it will be written, "He died too early, but that means he died a green, RIP Arthur, King of the Britons.

Dead

PFIDC - normal townie
Benny Fitz - normal townie
npv708 - JOAT Traitor

It is now day 2. You have until Noon on 3/16 to come to a majority vote of 10.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

TLDNR: baddies killed a green but the green was gonna become bad, jyeas?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

canaan wrote:TLDNR: baddies killed a green but the green was gonna become bad, jyeas?
one of those "doh" moments it seems.

Though there is no guarantee the green was going to be red, just no longer green, and no longer for the village.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

canaan wrote:TLDNR: baddies killed a green but the green was gonna become bad, jyeas?
Yeah - I can't read it any other way.

No idea what TLDNR stands for.

I think it's fair to assume we have some whacky roles, now. Two kills and a protect on night one. A JOAT Traitor (never saw this, personally). Also, PB stated he wanted 20 people so that sounds like we have some more complicated stuff going on.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm unfamiliar with JOAT roles and not sure what exactly Traitor means here. Do we know if he previously turned green or was he green from the start and about to turn something else?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The traitor part is confusing.
Maybe a successful recruit, who was simultaneously whacked by another group?

Granted, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

Gaucho wrote:I'm unfamiliar with JOAT roles and not sure what exactly Traitor means here. Do we know if he previously turned green or was he green from the start and about to turn something else?
I read Pavel's write up as if npv was a green JOAT when he was killed, but that he was going to become bad at some later point in the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Gaucho wrote:I'm unfamiliar with JOAT roles and not sure what exactly Traitor means here. Do we know if he previously turned green or was he green from the start and about to turn something else?
JOAT usually have a few powers (ie. a kill, save, and a see) or something other random grouping, hence the Jack of All Trades.

Just from reading the write up, I think if he wasn't killed this early, he would have eventually turned bad. (ie. traitor).
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Crpl_Klinger wrote:
I read Pavel's write up as if npv was a green JOAT when he was killed, but that he was going to become bad at some later point in the game.
I re-read it and think you are right.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Honestly, I don't think this is a bad thing. The JOAT is easy to throw out there as a role claim. But because he was actually one, he could have given some great detail on what he did, and if he did turn bad, he probably would have been let go from the voting block.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

lynch Kraftster

Just a feeling from Day 1.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

redwill wrote:lynch Kraftster

Just a feeling from Day 1.
Well then, I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

And to think I was coming into this day thinking I might take your lead with that goofy switch to thg and comment that it was going to be beneficial to go in a different direction than BF.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kraftster wrote:And to think I was coming into this day thinking I might take your lead with that goofy switch to thg and comment that it was going to be beneficial to go in a different direction than BF.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I guess my only other thought from Day 1 was for Hammer. He seemed a bit too eager to find someone to blame based upon the write up. Not really enough suspicion for me to cast a vote just yet, but that's about all I've got from yesterday's relatively quiet day.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:I guess my only other thought from Day 1 was for Hammer. He seemed a bit too eager to find someone to blame based upon the write up. Not really enough suspicion for me to cast a vote just yet, but that's about all I've got from yesterday's relatively quiet day.
I want to make a brief comment on Warz and this sentiment based on my brief time playing. This is now my 4th or 5th game.

I've been active in every game except the last one, which is because I was busy. Every time I've tried to help the village, look into write ups, find comparisons to previous games, discuss probability, or otherwise provide the village with more information it has led to people "suspecting" i had ulterior motives. Last game, I did nothing other than passively watch and look at vote patterns; I didn't even read the write ups, and it led to me not getting a SINGLE vote until it was down to the last day. In fact, whenever I started reading through everything, I started to think that I looked like the bad guy!

I'm not suggesting Kraft actually wants to vote for me, but I think we should be conscious of what's motivating our voting particularly in the early days. I'm guilty of it too. I thought redwill because he made a comment on what we should not ignore -- it's the only thing I could wrap a hand on. But then I stopped myself.

As a new face to this sphere, I think it's optimal to try to nab the quiet guys early in the game. Then we can compare all of the people who are talking. Moreover, when we get a red quiet guy, we can see how other people voted and start narrowing our list of suspects.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

TheHammer24 wrote:I thought redwill because he made a comment on what we should not ignore -- it's the only thing I could wrap a hand on. But then I stopped myself.
I, for one, am glad you didn't try to wrap a hand around anything else.

Heh Heh.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Oy...
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

So is it safe to assume npv was responsible for the attempt on redwill night 1?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Based on my statement above, I say we throw everyone that didn't vote into second random.org:

Here's those that did not vote in Round 1. I think two did not talk at all - WK and THG. Loaf said "Game On" or something like that and that was it. Crpl (who's he?) said a lot.

4.thehockeyguru - Andy Dufresne
7.mac1511 - Lloyd Christmas
15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
17.Willie Kool - Walt Kowalski
18.npv708 - Arthur. King of the Britons
19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison
20.Loaf31 - President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

Code: Select all

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

19.Gaucho - Oscar Madison
    15.Crpl_Klinger - Iceman
    20.Loaf31 - President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho