NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: WAREWUFF XXI GAME FRED!

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote:
columbia wrote:
canaan wrote:
columbia wrote:
MWB wrote:This game has pretty much proven the way to win is not participate.
Congrats, wolves. :pop:
if you guys voted off those who arent participating, you would have been much better off.
I'm not saying that we played a good game, but at least we participated. :pop:
if you wouldn't have, the village might have won :lol: :P
Hey...I'm willing to take the -2 star on this one. :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, I think my days of trying to foster discussion early in these games are done. It pretty much only buys me an early exit. Laying low is the strategy, regardless of what role you have.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'd say good game canaan, but I have no idea what you said most of the time. :wink:

Good game wolves.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:
Well, I laid low on Day 2, and was legitimately AFK on Day 3.

But, in any case, some of us have no choice when we're bad. We have to lay low because people start saying, "Hey, why is so-and-so still around? Isn't he always killed early?"

Just like you did.
Yeah, last day came down to you or juice and I picked wrong. Nice job you guys!
Thanks Canaan.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:
columbia wrote:
if you guys voted off those who arent participating, you would have been much better off.
This.

I think two of the biggest turning points were:

1) Keeping the angel hidden after the seer died, and it was obvious the angel was attacked on Night 2. That just kept info from the village that the baddies knew. I think people have played this game enough where slipping up and naming MWB the angel by an accident was very, very minimal IMO. And the chances were greater that a villager blindly would target him. That happened, implicated me as bad, and that was another wasted day that could have been avoided IMO.

2) I think the day Juice was busy and couldn't participate, I think he would have jumped on the quiet bandwagon as well and maybe convinced some people. Instead, people followed Pavel. When there are that many people not participating, I think it's easy for a wolf or two to hide in that pack as they can't slip up, and if some heat gets on them, they will do what everyone else does and start to participate, which could get them to slip up.

Also, one thing I never understand. At the beginning of the game, typically one or two people will take charge and start the voting because most people are scared to. I would start off a vote, people would jump on board, and it turned out a villager would be dead. On like day 3, people use that as evidence I'm bad. My question is, the chances of voting a villager of are FAR greater at the beginning of the game, especially when there is little info. I have no idea how that implicates you as bad. Personally, I think the bad people sit back at the beginning as to not stir the pot.

Horrible game by the village, myself included.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

My theory was to hope a baddy came out as the angel but seeing as we had 4 total votes ever for baddies it wouldnt have worked... but once the angel came out I wanted to lynch them.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:Yeah, I think my days of trying to foster discussion early in these games are done. It pretty much only buys me an early exit. Laying low is the strategy, regardless of what role you have.
I think that's why I've lived the last few games until the end. I'm playing a game where I'm not getting up or down too much and just voting reasons.

NAN sent me a message saying he had no idea for me so I was happy it worked out that. As for the no participation, it hurt and helped us to an extent.

Hurt us that we couldn't make cases and push votes(for instance the last day I was freaking out because I was worried about Juice getting even more crazy and making sense) and then helped us because we knew certain people weren't paying to the game so it'd be confusing all the time.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

and yes, from now on, day 2 vote goes to whoever hasn't posted or has few posts. It goes that way until we lynch a RP to get voting trends.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia, quick question. Why did you question some very obvious things in the game? To me, that made me think you were trying to steer people away and made you very suspicious.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:I will say that the argument mid game about who the angel was and the information did nothing for us. We knew who it was, didn't bother with MWB and didn't attack him the rest of the time.

It served no gain or loss for the village, we just knew not to go after that guy. When columbia came out, it was a risk, but thankfully he was off the mark.
From a village standpoint, I think it was a loss. Like you stated, you knew who it was, and stayed away. Us not knowing led me to blindly vote for him, cause suspicion (sp?) and got me voted out. I may still have been voted out, but not for blindly picking the angel. I thought it was very obvious if someone started on MWB, it wouldnt' be a bad guy. It wasted a day and got you one step closer.

It should have also cleared me IMO.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
canaan wrote:
columbia wrote:
This.

I think two of the biggest turning points were:

1) Keeping the angel hidden after the seer died, and it was obvious the angel was attacked on Night 2. That just kept info from the village that the baddies knew. I think people have played this game enough where slipping up and naming MWB the angel by an accident was very, very minimal IMO. And the chances were greater that a villager blindly would target him. That happened, implicated me as bad, and that was another wasted day that could have been avoided IMO.

2) I think the day Juice was busy and couldn't participate, I think he would have jumped on the quiet bandwagon as well and maybe convinced some people. Instead, people followed Pavel. When there are that many people not participating, I think it's easy for a wolf or two to hide in that pack as they can't slip up, and if some heat gets on them, they will do what everyone else does and start to participate, which could get them to slip up.

Also, one thing I never understand. At the beginning of the game, typically one or two people will take charge and start the voting because most people are scared to. I would start off a vote, people would jump on board, and it turned out a villager would be dead. On like day 3, people use that as evidence I'm bad. My question is, the chances of voting a villager of are FAR greater at the beginning of the game, especially when there is little info. I have no idea how that implicates you as bad. Personally, I think the bad people sit back at the beginning as to not stir the pot.

Horrible game by the village, myself included.
I was really not paying close attention the first couple days and didn't have anything productive to add. I thought that if I stayed hidden and let things play out a little more we could maybe get some info. Obviously didn't work that way, but didn't think it would help coming out and saying I was suspicious of certain people either. People then trust the green too much.

I agre with you in leading early votes. People (blues) need to do that. That wasn't why I thought you were red though.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I will say that the argument mid game about who the angel was and the information did nothing for us. We knew who it was, didn't bother with MWB and didn't attack him the rest of the time.

It served no gain or loss for the village, we just knew not to go after that guy. When columbia came out, it was a risk, but thankfully he was off the mark.
From a village standpoint, I think it was a loss. Like you stated, you knew who it was, and stayed away. Us not knowing led me to blindly vote for him, cause suspicion (sp?) and got me voted out. I may still have been voted out, but not for blindly picking the angel. I thought it was very obvious if someone started on MWB, it wouldnt' be a bad guy. It wasted a day and got you one step closer.

I think in the scheme of things had the village not have been so blind to what Pavel was spewing you would have lived. His voice really reigned over all when it comes to that and I figure he made the argument on you because he was so sure.
Last edited by Malkamaniac on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

We were originally going to go with MWB on night 1, but decided to try something different and go for Rylan or obhave to make it look like we didn't know what we were doing. We went with Rylan and BOOM!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

redwill wrote:We were originally going to go with MWB on night 1, but decided to try something different and go for Rylan or obhave to make it look like we didn't know what we were doing. We went with Rylan and BOOM!
Can't get redwill credit enough for calling out reason for kills. May not have been talk active, but he was clutch in providing reasons.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

lol Rylan pegged relantel first see. Redwill would've been my second choice. Malka would've taken me awhile (meaning I never really suspect him...)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:We were originally going to go with MWB on night 1, but decided to try something different and go for Rylan or obhave to make it look like we didn't know what we were doing. We went with Rylan and BOOM!
Lol. My first thought when I saw rylan was killed was that it was someone who didn't know what they were doing. In fact, most of the early kills didn't make sense to me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I just want to point out that Rylan is riding a hot streak of pegging role players. Damn haters.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:columbia, quick question. Why did you question some very obvious things in the game? To me, that made me think you were trying to steer people away and made you very suspicious.
Well....I wasn't really questioning them (like MWB being the seer), more like thinking aloud "Hey, anything is possible bro."
Thinking aloud can be bad in this game and not thinking at all can be even worse if you are the vig. :pop:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Rylan wrote:I just want to point out that Rylan is riding a hot streak of pegging role players. Damn haters.
Why do you keep talking in third person?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Because it adds emphasis that I can see people making fun of me :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:

Double edged sword. If I came out right away, then we definitely get no info and I felt like it would lead to even less talking. Everyone would just wait around to see what the green thinks, at least that's how past games have seemed.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

BTW, I think it was in the post game in one of recent warz, as to whether any games have ended with all 3 wolves alive.
Glad to be of service in helping that small number grow. :face:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Juice wrote:lynch relantel
lynch malkamaniac
lynch redwill

game.
lynch relantel
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

How many shut outs have there been in the history of LGP warz games?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Malkamaniac wrote:How many shut outs have there been in the history of LGP warz games?
i think this might be the 2nd one