The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Post by pensfan1989 »

columbia wrote:Vinnie's great idea on Monday:

If the NHL ASG and Pro Bowl are going to be on the same day, they should somehow mix it up.
Wouldn't it be great to see Malkin playing QB....

WTF is his problem?
maybe he meant pp qb? :?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I'm glad somebody brought this up. I just listened to them for about 15 minute while getting lunch today and it was vintage grumpy, complain about everything Ron Cook today.

All Vinnie did in talking about SuperBowl weekend and how its like a national holiday is mention the commercials. Then Cook goes off "See I dont get that at all Thats the time I use the men's room I don't understand why people want to see a commercial arent you there to watch the game????? C'mon"

And I will defend Vinnie on this one. He was talking about how surprised he was that, even tho the Steelers arent in it, how they are getting very few calls about the Superbowl. And said they'd probably get more calls if they asked what people are serving at their parties than they got this week about the actual game. Then Cook chimes in "Yeah lets not do that. This is a sports show! I dont care what people are eating were not havin people call in and share recipes. Nobody wants to hear about people's parties this is a sports show isnt it?"

And wouldn't drop it for abuot 3 more minutes until Vinnie just finally agreed with him and said it was a bad idea. When it wasnt even an idea to begin with. He just said it to make a point about how no one in this area even cares to talk about the game.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

I think I may be the only one on lgp who actually enjoys vinnie / cook show. For some reason I find them acting like idiots funny
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

kenny the kangaroo was flipping ithrough the radio dial this morning and managed to turn on the fan morning shower powered by #1 cochran automotive during the middle of a jim colony tweet. they have been doing this bit for like two years now, and those three clows still giggle and laugh like its the first time they have ever done it. after two years of laughing at an old white guy read young black people tweets, you would think they woudl realize that it stopped being funny at some point
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo was flipping ithrough the radio dial this morning and managed to turn on the fan morning shower powered by #1 cochran automotive during the middle of a jim colony tweet. they have been doing this bit for like two years now, and those three clows still giggle and laugh like its the first time they have ever done it. after two years of laughing at an old white guy read young black people tweets, you would think they woudl realize that it stopped being funny at some point
They should have the machine read those tweets. Double unfunny = funny. Once.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IanMoran wrote:I think I may be the only one on lgp who actually enjoys vinnie / cook show. For some reason I find them acting like idiots funny
I'm #2. I like their show.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Didn't realize it, but yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the FAN going on the air.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Filiponi just got owned by Joe Starkey...Poni took his typical one sided stance about how SI keeps itself afloat by cashing in on the swimsuit issue. Poni says its wrong for the magazine to objectify women. Starkey brings up Crosby's shirtless GQ cover, Poni then says "well what about Roethlisberger" Starkey's facepalm was audible through the radio.

Poni is a little *smurfette*
Last edited by viva la ben on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:Didn't realize it, but yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the FAN going on the air.
Still incredibly offended that Andrew Fillaponi has a job with the Fan.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Yeah Filaponi BLOWS. Terrible "host" and zero insight.

Listening to recap of Vinnie/Cook interviewing Luck. Vinnie just asked him about tuition costs. Seriously?
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

http://nindeetreesheven.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

courtesy of my son-in-law
Last edited by profpolisci on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

profpolisci wrote:http://nindeetreesheven.tumblr.com/

courtesy of my son-in-law
Flabbergasted.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Got to hear the fan for 10 minutes this am on the ride to the trolley. Enough time to hear Alexander bemoan the perils of his fame and importance. While being at the Pitt game and getting to shake hands with Bob Knight, he was prevented from hearing what Knight had to say on the telecast. But he assured us that none of these troubles are too detrimental because he still gets to maintain his strong personal ties to knight as Alexander hooked him up with the best fly fisher in the world.

Thank you Alexander for shedding such divine light on Pittsburgh and being our ambassador to the national sports world.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Troy Loney wrote:Got to hear the fan for 10 minutes this am on the ride to the trolley. Enough time to hear Alexander bemoan the perils of his fame and importance. While being at the Pitt game and getting to shake hands with Bob Knight, he was prevented from hearing what Knight had to say on the telecast. But he assured us that none of these troubles are too detrimental because he still gets to maintain his strong personal ties to knight as Alexander hooked him up with the best fly fisher in the world.

Thank you Alexander for shedding such divine light on Pittsburgh and being our ambassador to the national sports world.
THAT WAS ANOTHER PAUL ALEXANDER NAME DROP!!!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

LOL @ episode 2.

Vinnie likes Napalm Death. Cook - obviously - does not.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I was actually completely shocked by Filajabroni's take on the Burrnett deal tonight, in that it wasn't whiny at all and he was pretty positive. Said he thinks Burnetts pedigre is enough to think he can turn it around and actually threw out more than a few names with stats, of guys who were in the decline then how their numbers across the board improved after they left the AL and signed with NL teams.

2 years to get a few minutes of listenable, semi-interesting radio from him :fist:

Still does in no way make up for his Winter Classic time change poopy diaper whine fest he went on the day before. But I'll give the guy his due on this one.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

newarenanow wrote:Didn't realize it, but yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the FAN going on the air.
Let us now review the greatest moments in the station's short history:

Ned Braden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Ned Braden »

Say what you will but The Fan is doing well in the ratings - exceeding expectations, in fact - and almost every host/reporter is here to stay, at least as long as he wants.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Even Filajabroni, Ned?
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

IronDukes37 wrote:Did Jim Wexell get into a physical altercation with a Fan host/fill in host?
Would have been one of the two weeks leading up to the Superbowl.
Was Wexell in the studio (or on a remote set) with them?
Filiponi or Dunlap sounds like.
I know Wexell was a guest via telephone with Mike Zappone last Saturday at 1pm, so perhaps the rift has been resolved. Wexell seems like a pretty outspoken guy at times (also seems pretty knowledgeable). Poni and Dunlap would be my 2 most likely suspects to be involved in some sort of altercation as far as Fan personalities go. I guess this wouldn't be all that surprising.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

haha Filaponi is on the Cochran Sports Showdown. My God does he have a face that just needs punched.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Lol petros papadakis. What a loser