TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Just watched the first new episode of the Walking Dead.
Spoiler:
I thought it was decent. It was a little slow, but that is what I expected after the climax of the first half of the season.

I'll be interested to see about the car wreck with Rick's wife. If they are going to make it a few episode arc, or they just find her on the way home and have to take care of her.

Question about the bar. I know Rick didn't trust those two guys, and obviously he killed them after the one tried to shoot him. But is there something in the comics related to that? Why the sense that these guys were up to no good and they wouldn't share the farm? Why was Rick suspicious from the beginning?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Anyone still watching Pan Am? Trying to figure out if I should give up and delete the 13 unwatched episodes to clear space on the DVR. Still only seen the pilot.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:Just watched the first new episode of the Walking Dead.
Spoiler:
I thought it was decent. It was a little slow, but that is what I expected after the climax of the first half of the season.

I'll be interested to see about the car wreck with Rick's wife. If they are going to make it a few episode arc, or they just find her on the way home and have to take care of her.

Question about the bar. I know Rick didn't trust those two guys, and obviously he killed them after the one tried to shoot him. But is there something in the comics related to that? Why the sense that these guys were up to no good and they wouldn't share the farm? Why was Rick suspicious from the beginning?
Spoiler:
i saw it as a parallel of hershel never wanting rick's group to be on the farm either...and having that sentiment vindicated after shane's break down. he now understands that letting strangers in your circle is bad news.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Caught up on Game of Thrones and all I have to say is wow. Too bad I know who dies in the future and I am not quite happy with how many and how they die haha. (I understand that most died anti-climatically, but man it would be nice to allow the cool characters to live. haha)
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Starting to catch up on Alcatraz. Started pretty crappy for me, but into the third episode now and enjoying it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

watched parts of the new season of Tosh over lunch. Did he lose a bunch of writers this season or has this season just been subpar compared to seasons past?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
i saw it as a parallel of hershel never wanting rick's group to be on the farm either...and having that sentiment vindicated after shane's break down. he now understands that letting strangers in your circle is bad news.
Spoiler:
I have not read the comics, but I took it differently. They both seemed like bad news and, I almost missed it, but the one fatter guy was talking about wanting *ahem* women *ahem* so it was clear they were bad characters and Rick was protecting the farm (and Hershel's wishes). I took it more as Rick trying to prove his worth so he could stay on the farm..even though he would have done it regardless of Hershel.
Spoiler:
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

JS© wrote:watched parts of the new season of Tosh over lunch. Did he lose a bunch of writers this season or has this season just been subpar compared to seasons past?
There has been 2 episodes this season. And you said you only watched parts?

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but I have not noticed much difference so far.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

JeffDFD wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I have not read the comics, but I took it differently. They both seemed like bad news and, I almost missed it, but the one fatter guy was talking about wanting *ahem* women *ahem* so it was clear they were bad characters and Rick was protecting the farm (and Hershel's wishes). I took it more as Rick trying to prove his worth so he could stay on the farm..even though he would have done it regardless of Hershel.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I took it as both IMO. I think Rick knows the dangers of letting other into safe harbor, since his group pretty much did what they wanted on Herschel's property. But those guys just gave off a creepy vibe. I think what made Rick even more suspicious was the one guy was standing behind him and the other kind of took cover behind the bar and put Rick in between the two. This probably set something off as bad knews as well. I just wasn't sure if my thinking was right, or there was something I was missing. It just all happened so fast. Did they mention anything on that "Talking Dead"? Is that even still on?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Was Walking Dead good?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

JS© wrote:watched parts of the new season of Tosh over lunch. Did he lose a bunch of writers this season or has this season just been subpar compared to seasons past?
What? The backzit popping on the season premiere didn't do it for you?

(Where's the "vomit" smilie?)
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

blackjack68 wrote:

Hahaha there are worse things than that. But yea, that is pretty gross.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

blackjack68 wrote:

Maybe my disappointment was that Rock.0 didn't last more than two minutes.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

So I've been watching "The Voice".... I didn't watch "American Idol" because I just wasn't entertained by it... but man I really like this new show...
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

newarenanow wrote:
Spoiler:
I took it as both IMO. I think Rick knows the dangers of letting other into safe harbor, since his group pretty much did what they wanted on Herschel's property. But those guys just gave off a creepy vibe. I think what made Rick even more suspicious was the one guy was standing behind him and the other kind of took cover behind the bar and put Rick in between the two. This probably set something off as bad knews as well. I just wasn't sure if my thinking was right, or there was something I was missing. It just all happened so fast. Did they mention anything on that "Talking Dead"? Is that even still on?
Spoiler:
That part obviously set off alarm bells because Rick went to his hip (so did the fat guy) - that is what prompted the other guy to pull out his gun and set it on the bar. On Talking Dead they talked about it and everyone agreed Rick had no choice and had to waste them both. The preview for the next week shows that more will take place in the bar so we will see quickly what is going to come of that.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
That part obviously set off alarm bells because Rick went to his hip (so did the fat guy) - that is what prompted the other guy to pull out his gun and set it on the bar. On Talking Dead they talked about it and everyone agreed Rick had no choice and had to waste them both. The preview for the next week shows that more will take place in the bar so we will see quickly what is going to come of that.
Spoiler:
based on the way the show goes, they'll be in the bar for the rest of the season
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Any one know where I can watch episode 7, the mid season finale, of the Walking Dead? I missed the episode when it aired in November, and it isn't on Amctv.com.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just watched the last HIMYM. I thought is was pretty good.
Spoiler:
Interested to see how Robin answers Ted after he said he loves her at the end. However, if it is anything like the other HIMYM cliffhangers, at the beginning of the next episode, Ted will say he was drunk, they'll laugh it off, and it will be nothing, and you'll never hear of it again.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

newarenanow wrote:Just watched the last HIMYM. I thought is was pretty good.
Spoiler:
Interested to see how Robin answers Ted after he said he loves her at the end. However, if it is anything like the other HIMYM cliffhangers, at the beginning of the next episode, Ted will say he was drunk, they'll laugh it off, and it will be nothing, and you'll never hear of it again.
Waitwut?!? Glad I gave up on this show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I watched a few episodes on Monday after work. They were the first ones I ever watched. I'm glad I never watched that show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:
Spoiler:
first off...i'm convinced that your theory is right - those aren't his kids he's talking to. he'll end up with robin. i'd bet money on it.

as for the recent episode...
Spoiler:
kumar proposed to robin, they went back and forth. she said she'll never have kids. he took back the proposal. they broke up. it sounds reasonable when i explain it, but they crammed all of that into 10 minutes of 1 episode. i mean...come on. it was such a casual way to present that arc. it was a tough enough sell that she was with kumar in the first place, and now they're engaged already? the chick who doesn't want to get married, ever, suddenly falls for the most boring and dumpy person ever written into that show? please.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Froggy wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Robin's boyfriend (the Kal Penn character) asks her to marry him. She breaks the news that she can never have kids, and he still says he wants to marry her. At the end, she asks him again if he is sure, and he said that there are others ways to have children, and she explains that it's not that she can't physically have kids, but she also never wants them, ever. So he breaks it off.

She is up on the roof of the apartment and Ted comes up to see if she is ok and asks what is wrong. She explains. After she does, she says that she may never find love because no guy can look past that she does not want kids ever. Ted then says that he is willing to do that and he loves her. Then the show ends.

Like I said, I can see this being the Robin tells Barney she is pregnant thing, where it goes totally off course of where you thought it was going and blows it off.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Idoit40fans wrote:I watched a few episodes on Monday after work. They were the first ones I ever watched. I'm glad I never watched that show.
To me, the first 3 seasons were pretty good and got me hooked. Then after that it went down hill for like 2 seasons, picked up for 1 and now kind of sucks again. But I've been watching for 7 years, so I don't want to quit now. I think it has one more season in it left. IF they go past that, then I will probably quit.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Froggy wrote:
Spoiler:

Well, I think next episode is really what will prove if you are "glad you gave up on the show"
Spoiler:
If it is bringing the storyline full circle as maybe HIMYM draws to its end, then I am happy with it and glad I still pay attention...if they do do the "I was drunk, nevermind - but that was a really good cliffhanger so now we are back to normal where nothing has changed" or "lets carry this out for a few episodes and have the same thing happen as before"...then you are right, but I will still probably play along with the hopes that they finish things up nicely and woe is me.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Jeff, you summed up my thoughts perfectly.