Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Froggy »

This is totally rational, but imma post it anyways.

I hate when you are entering a store (like a target, or walmart, what have you) and there is a person, or maybe a group of people in front of you, and as soon as they enter the store, they stop to check their purses, or figure out where they are going. MOVE OFF TO THE SIDE FIRST!
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I hate when I'm walking, let's say in a straight line. Out of the corner of my eye I spot someone else walking toward my path. Some quick math calculations tell me we are probably going to meet at the same point, colliding with each other. So I speed up, and notice they do to, now it's almost a race.

Usually it's a fat lady, so I win, but man... cmon fat lady, really?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

MRandall25 wrote:
Chefpatrick871 wrote:Don't frown I love the jokes, probably because I was late to the party. Plus after hearing it so many times playing the game I can't help but laugh.

Ok here's a pet peeve. People who go into various stores that buy things for cash with some old nasty stuff and the idea they are going to walk out with stacks of cash. Srsly :-/
Pawn Stars?
I've always wondered if the people who Rick calls get compensated for their time on the show.

Rick might know a guy who is an expert in early 1800s midget wrestling, but without that guy that helps him out, he isn't making a dime off of some of those people.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm sure there are kickbacks.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

newarenanow wrote:The guy next to me goes through like 50 pieces of gum a day, literally. All I hear all day is the opening of a new piece, chewing loudly for like 10 minutes, and then spitting it into the wrapper, a thud in the garbage can, and then a new piece being open. Repeat this literally 50 times. It gets old.
At least that person is using the wrapper and isn't spitting their prize into the garbage can, where the world can view their work until the bag is changed.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Froggy wrote:This is totally rational, but imma post it anyways.

I hate when you are entering a store (like a target, or walmart, what have you) and there is a person, or maybe a group of people in front of you, and as soon as they enter the store, they stop to check their purses, or figure out where they are going. MOVE OFF TO THE SIDE FIRST!
Same goes for people who get to the top of an escalator and stop to look around. Hey, morons, the people coming up behind you don’t really have an option to stop and wait for you. Get out of the way!
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:This is totally rational, but imma post it anyways.

my brand of vigilantism for people who leave their cart in a bad spot is to fling it about 10 feet away from them when they're not looking. it's typically a grocery store move, but it applies to department stores as well. my favorite part is the look of befuddlement on their faces when they lift their heads up and have no idea where their cart went
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Here's one that irks me. For every single meal my fiancee has a napkin. No big deal you say right? People use napkins to stay clean right? Agreed except she only uses the napkin for her face or something other than that for maybe one in four meals. I don't care about the environment or anything so it's not that I think she's being wasteful but whats the point of having a thing you don't use for the majority of the meals except at the end when you crumble it up and put it on your plate. If you're eating and you need a napkin grab one, but don't just take one, not use it, then leave it on your plate... I know totally irrational.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Announcers of pro football games who tell you where a player went to school. "That's Heath Miller with the catch. Tight end out of the University of Virginia." I dont care.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

JS© wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Chefpatrick871 wrote:Don't frown I love the jokes, probably because I was late to the party. Plus after hearing it so many times playing the game I can't help but laugh.

Ok here's a pet peeve. People who go into various stores that buy things for cash with some old nasty stuff and the idea they are going to walk out with stacks of cash. Srsly :-/
Pawn Stars?
I've always wondered if the people who Rick calls get compensated for their time on the show.

Rick might know a guy who is an expert in early 1800s midget wrestling, but without that guy that helps him out, he isn't making a dime off of some of those people.
your problem lies in thinking that they are really experts and what they are looking at are really what they say they are...the majority of the items on that show are fake and the experts are actors.

google it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

http://centraltendencies.com/2011/03/pa ... s-is-fake/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh my god my head exploded. I had a feeling it was all set up, but now that it's confirmed. Wow.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This Pawn Star news is extremely disappointing.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by itissteeltime »

Mango Salsa wrote:Announcers of pro football games who tell you where a player went to school. "That's Heath Miller with the catch. Tight end out of the University of Virginia." I dont care.
That is very irrational. I think tons of people like to know.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

While we're at it...Santa Claus isn't real.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

itissteeltime wrote:
Mango Salsa wrote:Announcers of pro football games who tell you where a player went to school. "That's Heath Miller with the catch. Tight end out of the University of Virginia." I dont care.
i like playing the "whered he go to school" game. i get mad when they say something stupid or their high school
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by itissteeltime »

canaan wrote:
itissteeltime wrote:
i like playing the "whered he go to school" game. i get mad when they say something stupid or their high school
Yup me too! Me and my friends always go back and fourth during games asking where everyone went to school. I think I know all the steelers starters (not countring ST's), and some backups.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Malkamaniac wrote:http://centraltendencies.com/2011/03/pa ... s-is-fake/

oh my god my head exploded. I had a feeling it was all set up, but now that it's confirmed. Wow.
I read Rick's autobiography (yeah, I know...) and he said they clear the store to film the show. And lol if you think any reality show is real. (Pet peeve, just maybe.)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Admin wrote:

I read Rick's autobiography (yeah, I know...) and he said they clear the store to film the show. And lol if you think any reality show is real. (Pet peeve, just maybe.)
in some shows, people are loosely coached by production, but in others, it's flat out scripted. my favorite insulting trick they try to pull is when there's an allegedly spontaneous phone call going on, but they have cameras filming on both sides of the line for some reason.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

So now if Pawn Stars is going to be scripted I just automatically assume that Antiques Roadshow is a fallacy too.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Malkamaniac wrote:So now if Pawn Stars is going to be scripted I just automatically assume that Antiques Roadshow is a fallacy too.
Naturally. I mean people really haul gigantic pieces of antique furniture in to get appraised?? Shenanigans!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Admin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:So now if Pawn Stars is going to be scripted I just automatically assume that Antiques Roadshow is a fallacy too.
Naturally. I mean people really haul gigantic pieces of antique furniture in to get appraised?? Shenanigans!
That fine expensive china is either plastic or balsa wood.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by rasbatch »

Admin wrote:

You take that back! Kim K. and Kris's love was real, REAL I TELLS YA
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

rasbatch wrote:
Admin wrote:

You take that back! Kim K. and Kris's love was real, REAL I TELLS YA
The worst thing that the Hills ever did was allude to that the show was fake in the end. I refuse to believe otherwise that it was scripted.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

That's funny; the 'gotcha' case there involves Cowtown Guitars, which is an insanely cool shop on Maryland Parkway in Vegas. :thumb:
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

you mean a show about people buying and selling crap wasnt actually interesting on its own?

:shock: :shock: :shock: