TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Any of you Chuck viewers watch the finale yet? I didn't get to but I have it on DVR and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm watching regardless, but was it a proper sendoff?
I quite enjoyed it, thought they did a nice job with the last season. I really like Robert the Bruce as the bad guy, took me a while to figure out where I recognized him from. and my wife cried like a baby
That's where he is from! I kept watching, saying I knew who the guy was, but couldn't put my finger on it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Tried watching house of lies. Had to turn it off after 15 minutes of the first episode. Total garbage. I don't think the writers have ever had an actual conversation with other human beings.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I want to start watching Finder. Every time I see a clip, it's really funny, but other things always get in the way. Probably gonna pirate all the episodes so far. I hate the word 'pirate'. Pirate my ass. They were on my TV for free just a little while ago and soon will be in reruns.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

anyone watch Spartacus? I feel like this season is going pretty well. The only complaint I have about the new Spartacus is he isn't big enough.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Recently started watching Person of Interest. Enjoyed the episodes I've seen so far.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

the wicked child wrote:Recently started watching Person of Interest. Enjoyed the episodes I've seen so far.
I'm about 7 or 8 in. It just keeps getting better.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Finally got to watch the series finale of Chuck, and I absolutely loved it.
Spoiler:
It was just a great mix of comedy, action, and emotion. Seeing Sara not really knowing Chuck after watching them grow so close for the past 5 years was frustrating. You just wanted her to remember everything and get back to normal. But when it was all said and done, the way they ended it, going for that "magical" kiss on the beach, with everything leading up to it pointing to everything was going to be "ok" was great.

Also great to see how everyone elses story ended. Casey going out to find the Matrix lady, Alex and Morgan moving in together, Ellie and Awesome getting their dream jobs, and Jeffster landing the big gig.

And the final story line was great as well when it came to the action.

I did laugh when Chuck shot down the helicopter, and when awesome covered the baby's eyes when Chuck's mom had the gun to Sara.
But a great ending. Loved it. Sad to see that show go. But I'm also glad it lasted as long as it did. It could have been chopped 2 or 3 seasons ago.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I've missed The Voice. Glad it's back.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Delocated is back. Love this show
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I'm kinda getting disenchanted with Big Bang Theory. Most of this season has been fairly stale both in terms of plot, and more importantly, jokes.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

meecrofilm wrote:I'm kinda getting disenchanted with Big Bang Theory. Most of this season has been fairly stale both in terms of plot, and more importantly, jokes.
i think it's better than last year, actually...but yeah, still stale. blossom's character has turned into something pretty funny.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

meecrofilm wrote:I'm kinda getting disenchanted with Big Bang Theory. Most of this season has been fairly stale both in terms of plot, and more importantly, jokes.
I've actually thought it's still pretty good. I do think it's at it's peak and has slowed, but still very good.

I think it still has a good 3 or 4 seasons in it.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

newarenanow wrote:Finally got to watch the series finale of Chuck, and I absolutely loved it.
Spoiler:
It was just a great mix of comedy, action, and emotion. Seeing Sara not really knowing Chuck after watching them grow so close for the past 5 years was frustrating. You just wanted her to remember everything and get back to normal. But when it was all said and done, the way they ended it, going for that "magical" kiss on the beach, with everything leading up to it pointing to everything was going to be "ok" was great.

Also great to see how everyone elses story ended. Casey going out to find the Matrix lady, Alex and Morgan moving in together, Ellie and Awesome getting their dream jobs, and Jeffster landing the big gig.

And the final story line was great as well when it came to the action.

I did laugh when Chuck shot down the helicopter, and when awesome covered the baby's eyes when Chuck's mom had the gun to Sara.
But a great ending. Loved it. Sad to see that show go. But I'm also glad it lasted as long as it did. It could have been chopped 2 or 3 seasons ago.

i just realized i was mistaking Chuck with My Name is Earl during this thread. i was really confused at how many of you were so into My Name is Earl.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Lol awesome! How is that even possible?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

My Name is Earl > Chuck
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

wasn't there some movie title that was just one person's name that was something like my name is earl? woody harrelson? was david letterman involved? i don't watch primetime tv except on demand so i don't really see commercials of what's on very much. and recently a friend talked about how much he liked my name is earl so somehow i thought that was going on here too. but then i saw that kristen bell on conan and she made me remember that spy show with the chick which reminded me of what chuck really was.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:My Name is Earl > Chuck
well even if so, i was surprised at people getting emotional about my name is earl episodes
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

LeopardLetang wrote: i just realized i was mistaking Chuck with My Name is Earl during this thread. i was really confused at how many of you were so into My Name is Earl.
:lol: That is awesome.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Just started Game of Thrones. Interesting stuff. I don't know much about this though.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Currently watching the south park episode about Japanese killing whales/dolphins its **** hilarious
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Did any of you watch the last Justified? Oh, man, the ending. Boyd's the man.

Any opinion on The River? My mom watched and said I'd like it.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Point Breeze Penguins wrote:No on both accounts.

Santa Claus (as we know him) was invented by Coca-Cola in the early 20th-Century.
Like I said, are all Saints in the Bible?

The answer to "what part does he play in the Religious celebration that some Christians celebrate on the 25th?" is no? :pop:

The modern figure was actually derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, Coke just helped a bit. 8-)
No, not all saints are in the Bible

There was a Saint Nicholas (given sainthood by the catholic church). He may be the most generous and giving person ever. He used to beg on the streets and give what he got to the poor.

From wikipedia:
In his most famous exploit,[17] a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.
That is a legend of course and may or may not have happened.
I just watched an episode of South Park about some Dutch guy named "Vunter Slaush" :pop:
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Anyone watch the new show "Touch" with Kiefer Sutherland?

The pilot aired a week or so ago and the series premies middle of March.

I got around to checking it out on the DVR and it looks like it could be interesting. I thought a bit of it was a little forced, but realized they had to set up some of the premise of the show so they could move forward and I suppose not force it as much. So I will look forward to seeing the first few episodes and how it pans out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

They just announced that this is the final season of House. House doesn't want to do the show anymore. So, 11 episodes left. :P

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/201 ... -season-8/
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Sarcastic wrote:Did any of you watch the last Justified? Oh, man, the ending. Boyd's the man.
Watched it last night. Not many shows have such a great "good" guy and "bad" guy like Justified.