The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Post by Juice »

newarenanow wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I like when Cook yells at Vinnie.
vinnie is a nice person. vinnie is not knowlegable on sports. vinnie does not deserve to be berated like a child.
Vinnie was trying to do hand motions while explaining the Cooke on Jackman hit. Cook jumped in and explained to Vinnie that they were on the radio, so the hand motions were doing nothing for the listeners. I laughed.
lolol that is great
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

Chris Mueller just earned points in my book for calling out Pompeani's obnoxious "producer" Mike Vukovcan. Pure awesome. This feud seems rooted in KDKAs airing of local football recruit JP Holtz committing to Pitt on the 6pm news last night.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Colin Dunlap sent me a private msg on twitter in which he called me a jack@!$ (because I disagreed with him)

Reminded me when he went on that lgp rant... Guy has insanely thin skin lol
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

IanMoran wrote:Colin Dunlap sent me a private msg on twitter in which he called me a jack@!$ (because I disagreed with him)

Dunlap lost me when he couldn't get his facts straight over the whole Stewart / Holgorsen affair.

It worked out the best for WVU fans, but he ruined a good mans reputation unnecessarily.

This is a post I made about the issue around the time it happened:
Spoiler:
Bowser: I know that you had sports journalism ambitions and keep in contact with folks in the business.
I'd like you to put yourself in the shoes of the Editor of the PG's sports desk right now.

What do you think the Editor is thinking about Colin Dunlap today?

Here's an article written five days after the alleged comments by Stewart:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10357/1112894-144.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colin wrote that instead of breaking a huge story with national implications? Not much of a reporter then.

I'm not even going to address the juvenile comments and noise made by some oblivious inexperienced youngsters on this thread ( not you Bowser ) other than to say, that it's not unusual for reporters and coaches to share phone calls, especially before Bowl Games.

Remember that in December Stewart was a head coach who was blindsided by his AD with news that he was being forced aside and that he would have to work with a previously unknown individual to succeed him. It's not unusual that the coach would be very interested in the new guys background and history. Asking a reporter who covers college football what he knows seems logical, if maybe more than a bit naive.

I'm still believing that the "Tattoo Scumbag" comment is too far out of character for coach Stew to be true.

Remember also that Colin never forgave Stewart for lying to him about Stewarts knowledge of the search process before the Holgorsen hire was announced. Not the best move by Stewart for sure, but he couldn't say yes ( having been told by Luck to keep his mouth shut) he just couldn't think fast enough on his feet to give a better answer. There's no question that Stewart was wrong for lying to Colin. Stewart was responsible for making Colin looked stupid as a result, but I think that speaks to Stewarts mental quickness more than any character flaw.

Colin has some serious explaining to do about why he wrote a "puff piece" about how wonderful the transition would be if he'd fielded that phone call from Stew only days earlier.

As a side note, look at the date that Colin says the call happened in your post, Dec 14th, now read some of Colins other tweets/comments where he says it was on his birthday Dec 18th.
It was actually my birthday, December 18, it was the day he (Stewart) was going to the bowl game because I distinctly remember there was a coaches convention in Pittsburgh with high school coaches. He was (then) flying from Pittsburgh down to Orlando to the bowl game for pre-prep work...

Basic fact checking.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IanMoran wrote:Colin Dunlap sent me a private msg on twitter in which he called me a jack@!$ (because I disagreed with him)

:lol:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

newarenanow wrote:

Anyone have a link to that rant? Or was it deleted. I'd love to read it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Or maybe u jes got pwnt? :pop:
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ossa »

colin_dunlap Colin Dunlap
Hey "ExPatriatePen"...want some answers? Just email me..dunlapcolin@gmail.com ... Otherwise, just all nonsense from you w/ no validation.
ExPatriatePen, obviously you've got a personal bone to pick...open invitation to discuss at dunlapcolin@gmail.com
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Lol Dunlap is calling out EPP on twitter.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

BTW Colin since you obviously read here why not post here too?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

viva la ben wrote:BTW Colin since you obviously read here why not post here too?
I've extended an invitation to him. Not sure if he's interested though.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Ossa wrote:
Hey "ExPatriatePen"...want some answers? Just email me..dunlapcolin@gmail.com ... Otherwise, just all nonsense from you w/ no validation.
ExPatriatePen, obviously you've got a personal bone to pick...open invitation to discuss at dunlapcolin@gmail.com
I'm going to state my position and then hopefully that will be the end of this.

When the story first broke and the story became national CFB news, there were certain inconsistencies. I wrote to Mr. Dunlap (using my real name) back then. I asked him questions regarding the dates the conversation took place. I asked a few other pertinent questions as well. Mr. Dunlap ignored my requests (which is his right). Now that the story is "cold" (over a year later), now Dunlap wants to communicate by email? No thanks.

The original article was public and led to the firing of Bill Stewart and the end of a good mans career. If Colin has anything to say, he can say it in public. Just like the original article.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Admin wrote:
viva la ben wrote:BTW Colin since you obviously read here why not post here too?
I've extended an invitation to him. Not sure if he's interested though.
with his temper / thin skin / quick to turn to personal insults when challenged I don't think he'd last that long lol

edit: Honestly though, if I was a public figure I'd never post on a sports website... too many people constantly challenging you. I'm far from a MM fan, but many treated him unfairly here

(I love LGP so much that I'd probably still post here, but not let it be known who I am lol)
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Ut oh Ex here got the Dunlap email invite of death! He's in big trouble now!

Dunlap is so thin-skinned he makes Bob Smzik, Chris Mack, and John Steigerwald look tough.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Just felt like I had to put this here.

My hatred for having to listen to Cook all day is growing. He's honestly one of the most boring people to have to listen to on a day to day basis.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

he really is. boring. grumpy. short sighted.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:he really is. boring. grumpy. short sighted.
Like today he was giving Vinny crap because vinny wanted to talk about the Super Bowl spectacle and the parties that follow. Cook quickly trashed it and wanted to hear predictions instead.

I know it's a sports station, but it's like pulling teeth either way when Cook speaks.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

cook has no respect for vinnie and its apparent. he always talks over him, never listens to what he says, just does his own thing
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:cook has no respect for vinnie and its apparent. he always talks over him, never listens to what he says, just does his own thing
Vinnie is somewhat of a buffoon, that has to wear you down.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i completely agree but it just seems tactless to behave like that in a public setting every day when it is your peer
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I think cook bothers me more than vinnie does. Sure vinnie might not know everything about everything, but he at least seems to at least listen to callers and what they have to say, even if the callers have a ridiculous opinion about something. Cook is just a miserable jerk who just likes to hate everything.

I find it hard to believe that despite being in the business that he has been in for over 3 decades, Cook does not have a favorite team or is not a fan of any specific player.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Here's an excerpt from Vinnie and Cooke I remember from last season; it's very encapsulating

Cooke: Sid took a big hit from Steckel I hope he's OK
Vinnie: Do yous tink dat Dan Bylsma still haz dat hat he wore at dat winter classic, believe you me, dat was a great hat.
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

JS© wrote:I find it hard to believe that despite being in the business that he has been in for over 3 decades, Cook does not have a favorite team or is not a fan of any specific player.
Starky and Dunlap are like that as well, but I don't care what anyone says, no one is completely unbiased.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

right, ron cook isnt a fan of jerome bettis

vomit.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Vinnie's great idea on Monday:

If the NHL ASG and Pro Bowl are going to be on the same day, they should somehow mix it up.
Wouldn't it be great to see Malkin playing QB....

WTF is his problem?