TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

Tonight is the last episode of Chuck. I'm sad.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Tonight is the last episode of Chuck. I'm sad.
Wow...2 hour series finale eh? We had 7 episodes to catch up on and watched 1 last night. It will be nice to be able to watch an hour or 2 a night for the next week or so. Im going to miss the show but im glad they are ending at the right time. It is one of the most unique shows on TV IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Wow...2 hour series finale eh? We had 7 episodes to catch up on and watched 1 last night. It will be nice to be able to watch an hour or 2 a night for the next week or so. Im going to miss the show but im glad they are ending at the right time. It is one of the most unique shows on TV IMO.
Agreed. It was time to end it. And it was definitely unique. I can see why some people didn't like it.

My wife and I loved it though. I know it's for the best to end it, but we'll miss watching it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Anyone watch Top Gear?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sarcastic wrote:Anyone watched.... the new one with Kiefer. Touch, was it? Watched it this morning. It was interesting. I like him and Danny Glover a lot. Still not sure exactly how good it will be, but I paid attention and will give it a shot when it comes on. I think they said the series officially starts in March.
Late March, 19th or so. Could not believe that at the end. Ramp you up with it now, only to have to wait almost 2 months for the next episode. This one was titled "Pilot" but they are labeling the March date as the series premiere. Strange. I think they would have been better off with it much sooner - but maybe they want the pilot (preview, prelude, whatever they want to call it) circulating the internet for a while. We liked it, to the point where the delay was annoying, but at least it wasn't like a summer cliffhanger in length.

And does Titus Welliver get around or what - from Sons to CSI to now Touch.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

wooooooo
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Agreed. It was time to end it. And it was definitely unique. I can see why some people didn't like it.

My wife and I loved it though. I know it's for the best to end it, but we'll miss watching it.

I don't want the show to ever end! I have the last 2 episodes on DVR and will watch everything back to back. Well maybe. I'm thinking I want to treat it like Marley and Me and not watch the last 30 mins so I can still pretend Marley is alive.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

AlexPKeaton wrote:I don't want the show to ever end! I have the last 2 episodes on DVR and will watch everything back to back. Well maybe. I'm thinking I want to treat it like Marley and Me and not watch the last 30 mins so I can still pretend Marley is alive.
I'll be watching tonight. This is one of the few shows that has really touched me and my g/f. Forget the comedy factor and the cool stories... what I really admire is the cast and just the interaction between everybody. They took a bunch of people that I never saw before (except for Casey) and made them seem like a family. I could care less about most shows I watch and even like, but this one will be truly missed.

This feels like Farscape or StarGate SG-1 ending. Shows that I put my heart into and could have watched forever. Few shows feature actors/characters that are so likeable that even the lesser episodes are enjoyable. Chuck is one of those.

If it were up to me, I'd keep it going a whole lot longer because with the story lines and just the overall setting, they could have kept making more fantastic episodes. Even if Sarah finally got pregnant and had a baby and Chuck and she would have to be parents and spies... there is a whole lot to explore there with some very funny ideas.

I am glad it is going out on a high note, if it has to go.
stinky
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by stinky »

Chuck? Never heard of it - I will have to give it a try. I just finished seasons 1 - 4 of Breaking Bad. Wow. Best show on TV. I find it odd that my two favorite shows (Mad Men and Breaking Bad) are on AMC.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:I don't want the show to ever end! I have the last 2 episodes on DVR and will watch everything back to back. Well maybe. I'm thinking I want to treat it like Marley and Me and not watch the last 30 mins so I can still pretend Marley is alive.
I'll be watching tonight. This is one of the few shows that has really touched me and my g/f. Forget the comedy factor and the cool stories... what I really admire is the cast and just the interaction between everybody. They took a bunch of people that I never saw before (except for Casey) and made them seem like a family. I could care less about most shows I watch and even like, but this one will be truly missed.

This feels like Farscape or StarGate SG-1 ending. Shows that I put my heart into and could have watched forever. Few shows feature actors/characters that are so likeable that even the lesser episodes are enjoyable. Chuck is one of those.

If it were up to me, I'd keep it going a whole lot longer because with the story lines and just the overall setting, they could have kept making more fantastic episodes. Even if Sarah finally got pregnant and had a baby and Chuck and she would have to be parents and spies... there is a whole lot to explore there with some very funny ideas.

I am glad it is going out on a high note, if it has to go.
I feel the same. We watch a lot of shows on TV, but our favorite for the last 5 years has been Chuck. It's just different and unique.

I'm just glad it was on the air this long. It could have been axed like 2 or 3 years ago.

I'm going to miss it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Just one more season of Breaking Bad. It is an A+ show.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

stinky wrote:Chuck? Never heard of it - I will have to give it a try. I just finished seasons 1 - 4 of Breaking Bad. Wow. Best show on TV. I find it odd that my two favorite shows (Mad Men and Breaking Bad) are on AMC.
I'm waiting for season 4 of Breaking Bad to be streaming on Netflix, but I might just have to break down and pay for it through Amazon. Breaking Bad and Madmen are definitely my two favorite shows that are still in production. I'm a little worried that Madmen has jumped the shark (I wasn't crazy about how season 4 ended), but it seems that Breaking Bad is going to stop well before it starts to decline.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I also just saw that the season premier of Spartacus: Vengeance is on tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have Starz and they are no longer streaming episodes shortly afterwards on Netflix. Starz has had two good shows ever (Party Down and Spartacus), so I'm not going to subscribe, but I really want to see this season of Spartacus. First world problems...
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

largegarlic wrote:I also just saw that the season premier of Spartacus: Vengeance is on tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have Starz and they are no longer streaming episodes shortly afterwards on Netflix. Starz has had two good shows ever (Party Down and Spartacus), so I'm not going to subscribe, but I really want to see this season of Spartacus. First world problems...
i liked the pillars of the earth even better than the spartacus seasons.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

LeopardLetang wrote:
largegarlic wrote:I also just saw that the season premier of Spartacus: Vengeance is on tonight. Unfortunately, I don't have Starz and they are no longer streaming episodes shortly afterwards on Netflix. Starz has had two good shows ever (Party Down and Spartacus), so I'm not going to subscribe, but I really want to see this season of Spartacus. First world problems...
i liked the pillars of the earth even better than the spartacus seasons.
I don't know if you've read the sequel to Pillars of the Earth, but it is pre-production:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1878805/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Just a couple more weeks and both The Walking Dead and Top Shot will be back. :thumb:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:Just a couple more weeks and both The Walking Dead and Top Shot will be back. :thumb:
Same with Top Gear. So good.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Just a couple more weeks and both The Walking Dead and Top Shot will be back. :thumb:
Top Gear America?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Any of you Chuck viewers watch the finale yet? I didn't get to but I have it on DVR and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm watching regardless, but was it a proper sendoff?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

MRandall25 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Top Gear America?
I like both version of Top Gear, but I love any kind of show like that.

Top Gear and Top Shot are on the same night.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Finally watched the 2nd part of the Halloween episode of American Horror Story. If it hadn't been so late already, we would have ploughed into the next ep.

that and Tuesday's New Girl was pretty good.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Any of you Chuck viewers watch the finale yet? I didn't get to but I have it on DVR and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm watching regardless, but was it a proper sendoff?
We still have 6 more to go. Savoring every last minute of the show. This may be the best season of the series.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Any of you Chuck viewers watch the finale yet? I didn't get to but I have it on DVR and I'm going to watch it tonight. I'm watching regardless, but was it a proper sendoff?
We still have 6 more to go. Savoring every last minute of the show. This may be the best season of the series.
I didnt get to watch it yet. So I still got the 2 hr finale to go. Can't wait to see it though.
Spoiler:
My buddy watched it and said the ending is one of those that you have to guess what happens after the actual show ends.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
I didnt get to watch it yet. So I still got the 2 hr finale to go. Can't wait to see it though.
Spoiler:
My buddy watched it and said the ending is one of those that you have to guess what happens after the actual show ends.
Yeah, I watched it. Honestly. I actually felt sad for about a day. It hit me a few hours after I finished that I'm never gonna see it again. Sarah's shy smile or Chuck's goofy face. Such a wonderful cast and that really doesn't happen often, which is why I truly don't care much for most series to end, but this one hurts. And it was an emotional finale, I won't lie. That's one thing that I don't remember anyone mention, which is how emotional and touching this show can be. Among the humor and the stories, there is a lot of heart in there, coupled with a beautiful love story between Chuck and Sarah. So, yeah, it affected me.

The ending itself is good. I won't say more, but I'm happy with how it ended.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I quite enjoyed it, thought they did a nice job with the last season. I really like Robert the Bruce as the bad guy, took me a while to figure out where I recognized him from. and my wife cried like a baby