Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Froggy »

MRandall25 wrote:
Froggy wrote:When you are waiting to cross the street and the last car before a huge gap stops to let you cross. I don't need them to stop... They are actually slowing me down because You have to do that little "no, you go" hand wave dance. It's probably the only time I get annoyed at people just trying to be helpful.
At least they stop.

Yield signs, more specifically how people react to them, piss me off.

They either stop completely when no one is coming, or they completely ignore it and merge without looking (or in the case you're talking about, blowing through the crosswalk)
that's the problem. they don't NEED to stop. they are the last car. after they go, i can cross the street with no problems from anybody. but they think they are doing this really nice, help-your-fellow-man type thing, but they are really delaying my crossing of the street by an additional 3 to 5 seconds.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

That the Pens seem to love playing at 2PM on a Saturday.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the number 11,111
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

count2infinity wrote:the number 11,111
Sup, Sticks?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

no, i posted again, it's gone now.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

jprolley wrote:people who use hyphenated last names. just pick one for gods sake
Illl do ya one better. People, mainly celebrities, who have to go by their first, middle, and last name. Or throw in the their middle initial for no reason whatsoever.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
jprolley wrote:people who use hyphenated last names. just pick one for gods sake
Illl do ya one better. People, mainly celebrities, who have to go by their first, middle, and last name. Or throw in the their middle initial for no reason whatsoever.
One of my friends does that for some reason. It irks me. No one gives a **** what your middle name or initial is. It's not like there is another employee with the same first and last name so you need another initial to keep things straight. /rant.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
A lot do it to gain access to the screen actors guild to differentiate themselves from someone of the same name.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
But if you shorten it like NPH, it's cool
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

MRandall25 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
Yeah but...that always makes me think of JTT. So glad Richard Karn eneded up with the most success after that show. (Minus Toy Story)
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
here's a fun fact: Michael J. Fox's middle name is Andrew. let that one sink in for a second...

i think with celebrities at least, the middle name/initial is probably for SAG reasons.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
Yeah but...that always makes me think of JTT. So glad Richard Karn eneded up with the most success after that show. (Minus Toy Story)
the most success? are you serious? are you excluding tim allen from the group in this summation?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dudeman loves him some family feud
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The guy next to me goes through like 50 pieces of gum a day, literally. All I hear all day is the opening of a new piece, chewing loudly for like 10 minutes, and then spitting it into the wrapper, a thud in the garbage can, and then a new piece being open. Repeat this literally 50 times. It gets old.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Froggy wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
here's a fun fact: Michael J. Fox's middle name is Andrew. let that one sink in for a second...

i think with celebrities at least, the middle name/initial is probably for SAG reasons.
:lol: I felt the need to look this up:
He did not like the sound of "Andrew" or "Andy" Fox, so he decided to adopt a new middle initial and settled on "J", as an homage to actor Michael J. Pollard
I thought he was just copying Homer J. Simpson :cry: .
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Illl do ya one better. People, mainly celebrities, who have to go by their first, middle, and last name. Or throw in the their middle initial for no reason whatsoever.
You'd hate me. I have two middle names, and my signature includes both middle initials, as in John A.B. Doe.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

newarenanow wrote:The guy next to me goes through like 50 pieces of gum a day, literally. All I hear all day is the opening of a new piece, chewing loudly for like 10 minutes, and then spitting it into the wrapper, a thud in the garbage can, and then a new piece being open. Repeat this literally 50 times. It gets old.
Is it nicorette? I knew someone who was trying to quit smoking, so instead of having a cigarette every 10 minutes, they just popped in another piece of nicorette. Seemed to defeat the purpose because he still smoked.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

My mailman can’t or won’t shut the door on my mailbox. It’s a standard box with the bent metal clasp the keeps the door shut. The two pounds of force necessary to close the door must be beyond him (and I’m not being sexist—I’ve seen it’s a him) because every day the door is open about a half inch or so. This, not surprisingly, lets rain and snow into the interior.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by steve784 »

Getting really annoyed at my girlfriend for not being home yet therefore making us late for finding a parking space and cutting down on my pre-game bar time. I know it's not her fault she's still at work, but it doesn't make me any less angry.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate when there are long tables with plenty of space to have person space person etc. then someone you have NO clue who it is sits next to you and starts entering your space.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Rylan wrote:I hate when there are long tables with plenty of space to have person space person etc. then someone you have NO clue who it is sits next to you and starts entering your space.
same with a bathroom stall... so here's the set-up:

| empty | empty | empty | me | empty|

why do you take this one??? ........^
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

exactly. there is no need to be crowding me unless necessary. otherwise, please do not sit, pee, poop etc near me haha
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

count2infinity wrote: | 1 | 2 | 3 | c2i | 5|
i like to go into stall 5 and pee into stall 3
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »