Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by 60sixx »

Loud f-ing sneezers. There's a jerk that I work with that sounds like he is screaming every time he sneezes (which is at least 3 times a day). I can hear him from across the office--and there's this big scream build up, then sneeze. Every time I hear him, I wish someone had invented pocket flamethrowers.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

People who use hashtags on facebook. I am not talking about those who have their accounts synced up so that the status update goes to both FB and twitter. I am talking about the people who have no idea what twitter is, but they see people using hashtags on facebook, and because they are lemmings, they decide to do it, not realizing that the extra keystroke is meaningless.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Giant Eagle prices compaired to Walmart. At GE I wanted a salad for dinner. It cost me $25 bucks for bags of salad, bacon bits, croutons, seasoning, chicken, fruit and something else. Now I could get several uses but GEEZ.

I go to walmart for everything if I can. TP, Soda, all Cooking supplys, chips, cheese, sauce, ketchup, etc...

Giant Eagle only for Meats, Fruit, Eggs, Milk. Dosnt help I can walk to GE but Walmart is 20 minutes away.

A simple example is that a packet of Taco Seasoning (for meat) is .42 cents at WM. But 1.50 at GE and goes on sale for 1.00 sometimes. Generic brand for stuff like this FTW.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People who use hashtags on facebook. I am not talking about those who have their accounts synced up so that the status update goes to both FB and twitter. I am talking about the people who have no idea what twitter is, but they see people using hashtags on facebook, and because they are lemmings, they decide to do it, not realizing that the extra keystroke is meaningless.
One could argue it's still meaningless on Twitter

:pop:
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by crokin »

1) People who while a watching TV, feel the need to "surf" between ads senselessly (meaning even if nothing else is on, they will flick between 5 channels or so during a 2.5 minute commercial break just to avoid a commercial).

2) People who keep running for office even after they have been embarrassed and defeated countless times, because they have money to blow (Linda McMahon, Williard Romney).
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:ejrm upi fpm your face
real mature
:fist:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Wal Mart
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kinda of
Half to
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

When link goes to bottle a fairy, but it replenishes his hearts instead. Get ready for the kicker.... you already had full hearts...
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

crokin wrote:2) People who keep running for office even after they have been embarrassed and defeated countless times, because they have money to blow (Linda McMahon, Williard Romney).
You do realize that the former has only run once, while the latter was actually elected Governor, right?

Not disagreeing- just saying that you could probably come up with better examples.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

People who call him "Depway" .

It's OK to say it like an English speaker if you have trouble with sounding French.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PghSkins wrote:People who call him "Depway" .

It's OK to say it like an English speaker if you have trouble with sounding French.
Better than "Dess-press"
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Pas-quail.

HATE
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

IrishEyes wrote:Pas-quail.

HATE
PASQUAL DUPREE
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Not searching the whole thread to see if mentioned, but the person on facebook who always posts the virus alerts, the sick baby who neds surgery and facebook will pay for it if they get 1,000 likes. I have a friend who constantly does that and gets mad at me when I post the link to snopes telling them that it's false.

Oh and when people say Feb U ary, it's Feb RU ary
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

stopper40 wrote: Oh and when people say Feb U ary, it's Feb RU ary
[youtube][/youtube]
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

that god damn geico screaming pig needs to go. if it was easy, i'd seriously switch insurance companies because of those commercials. what idiot green lighted 2 friggin commercials with this stupid bastard hog in them?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

When I leave my office door open, nobody comes in for support. They either email me, IM, or call with the response that I looked busy. 99% of the time that isn't the case :lol:

The SECOND I close my door - not even a full minute - I have at least one person open my door and ask if I'm busy. When I had the agent here doing my background check, I had 5 people peek in. Today I brought my lunch and closed the door so people weren't walking by watching me eat. I had 4 people in 10 minutes open the door to ask about tickets that they had in the system.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

JS© wrote:When I leave my office door open, nobody comes in for support. They either email me, IM, or call with the response that I looked busy. 99% of the time that isn't the case :lol:

The SECOND I close my door - not even a full minute - I have at least one person open my door and ask if I'm busy. When I had the agent here doing my background check, I had 5 people peek in. Today I brought my lunch and closed the door so people weren't walking by watching me eat. I had 4 people in 10 minutes open the door to ask about tickets that they had in the system.
You need a do not disturb sign
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

meow wrote:
JS© wrote:When I leave my office door open, nobody comes in for support. They either email me, IM, or call with the response that I looked busy. 99% of the time that isn't the case :lol:

Yeah, like they'd read that. They'd still pop their head in and say "oh, sorry. didn't know you were busy." ;)

From what the last guy passed down to me, the door closed is an unwritten rule in the building. You typically leave the door open unless there's a meeting, you're out of the office, or at lunch.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

JS© wrote:
meow wrote:

Yeah, like they'd read that. They'd still pop their head in and say "oh, sorry. didn't know you were busy." ;)

From what the last guy passed down to me, the door closed is an unwritten rule in the building. You typically leave the door open unless there's a meeting, you're out of the office, or at lunch.
When you leave your door open, you're probably still doing work, correct? They can see you working and hence, leave you alone. When your door is shut, they don't know what you're doing, so they assume you aren't busy.

Just my $0.02.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
JS© wrote:
meow wrote:

When you leave your door open, you're probably still doing work, correct? They can see you working and hence, leave you alone. When your door is shut, they don't know what you're doing, so they assume you aren't busy.

Just my $0.02.
Yes and no for the first one. If the door is open, I'm typically looking at tickets, maybe looking for info on something that's been an ongoing problem in our system, or screwing off on here. In either case, I typically stop what I'm doing to help somebody that shows up. They are supposed to go through our help desk first, but if it's something I can take care of in a few minutes, I'll take care of the problem, write the ticket afterwards and assign it to myself.

If the door is closed, there is a reason (see earlier explanation about closed doors). To me, it's almost the equivalent of walking into an ongoing meeting several times in one day, especially since today's thing involved the same person opening the door twice in 5 minutes.

Am I making more of an issue than what I should? Probably. That's why it's in the irrational pet peeve thread. ;)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

JS© wrote:
Physical_Graffiti wrote:
JS© wrote:
meow wrote:

Just my $0.02.
Yes and no for the first one. If the door is open, I'm typically looking at tickets, maybe looking for info on something that's been an ongoing problem in our system, or screwing off on here. In either case, I typically stop what I'm doing to help somebody that shows up. They are supposed to go through our help desk first, but if it's something I can take care of in a few minutes, I'll take care of the problem, write the ticket afterwards and assign it to myself.

If the door is closed, there is a reason (see earlier explanation about closed doors). To me, it's almost the equivalent of walking into an ongoing meeting several times in one day, especially since today's thing involved the same person opening the door twice in 5 minutes.

Am I making more of an issue than what I should? Probably. That's why it's in the irrational pet peeve thread. ;)
But they actually don't know that you're busy (where as, when your door is open, they can tell that you are).

Lol, yes and no, and I understand.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Yea, if the doors are closed here at our office, everyone knows there's a meeting happening.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

We have a boardroom.