TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:If I am behind on a show that is going to be cancelled I wont watch anymore.
Even if it's been around a while?

I fell behind on Chuck, but spent a few weekends getting caught up. I know it's going away, but I've invested 4 years into.
Noooo. I was talking about a 1st season that is not coming back for a second. The Event for instance...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Only 3 episodes left.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

and Im 5 or so behind now. Stupid babies and their TV time taking away abilities...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:and Im 5 or so behind now. Stupid babies and their TV time taking away abilities...
Wait until they start watching TV. I've watched like every episode of every show on Sprout in the last few months.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote: Wait until they start watching TV. I've watched like every episode of every show on Sprout in the last few months.
but have you sent in a birthday card for Chica yet...? I will admit, I do look forward to catching Kipper when it's on.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Had some friends over on Saturday with their 3 year old. Can't wait to watch Phineas and Pherb with my son
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote:
newarenanow wrote: Wait until they start watching TV. I've watched like every episode of every show on Sprout in the last few months.
but have you sent in a birthday card for Chica yet...? I will admit, I do look forward to catching Kipper when it's on.
No bday card to Chica yet. We were thinking maybe this year.

Not a big fan of Kipper. I like the Pajanimals though.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Had some friends over on Saturday with their 3 year old. Can't wait to watch Phineas and Pherb with my son
Why wait? Phineas and Pherb is an awesome show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:Had some friends over on Saturday with their 3 year old. Can't wait to watch Phineas and Pherb with my son
I'm going throught that right now with my kids, I'm so excited to show them all the cool things I watched when I was kid, that I'm starting to get ahead of myself. They love Thundercats, Gummi Bears, Transformers, etc... so I started showing them Batman the animated Series from the 90's. I don't know how you should introduce these things to them, but I think that may be a little premature for a 2 and 4 year old? They seem to enjoy it, but I dont' know if they know exactly what's going on. We recently watched all the star wars and while they loved it, they also asked "who is that" or "what happened" every 5 seconds. When they watch Little Einsteins, they never ask that... I recently shelved Gremlins and Jaws until they get a little older.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
No bday card to Chica yet. We were thinking maybe this year.

Not a big fan of Kipper. I like the Pajanimals though.
Pajanimals is great, anything that has Jim Hensons name attached to it usually works out. Doesn't hurt that it's only 2 minutes long either
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I laughed a lot watching Phineas and Pherb. Tons of adult humor in that show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:Noooo. I was talking about a 1st season that is not coming back for a second. The Event for instance...
We stuck through to the end of it, even knowing it was already gone. Really strange too, in that the season finale wasn't shot to be a series finale, and leaves open questions.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

PensFanInDC wrote:I laughed a lot watching Phineas and Pherb. Tons of adult humor in that show.
that is important in that industry. something that both kids and parents can watch with both taking something entirely different from the show.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote: Pajanimals is great, anything that has Jim Hensons name attached to it usually works out. Doesn't hurt that it's only 2 minutes long either
I like the fact that they are short. I think I have an attention span of a 2 year old, so these shows fit well for me.

PS - Kelly is hot from the Sunny Side up Show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Rylan wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I laughed a lot watching Phineas and Pherb. Tons of adult humor in that show.
that is important in that industry. something that both kids and parents can watch with both taking something entirely different from the show.
Yup. The dialogue...

"What are you guys doing?"
"Turning Perry's involuntary muscle reflex into a sporting event."

...would not be as funny to a 3 year old.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

PensFanInDC wrote:I laughed a lot watching Phineas and Ferb. Tons of adult humor in that show.
Best show on TV :fist: .
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Watched the latest episode of Hell on Wheels. Good stuff. I have no clue where they are going to take this show in future seasons. Exciting.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

JeffDFD wrote:Watched the latest episode of Hell on Wheels. Good stuff. I have no clue where they are going to take this show in future seasons. Exciting.
Through the rockies
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Malkamaniac wrote:
relantel wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I've really been enjoying Hell on Wheels... kinda sad that the finale is next week.
is it a season-finale or series finale? I'm so far behind (that I haven't even finished the pilot)...
I was into that show when it first came out, and then I just became meh on it.
You should become un-meh. It has been pretty good the past few episodes, IMO.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

You should un-meh.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Anyone else disappointed that Derpy Hooves was apparently not in “Family Apprciation Day?” That’s the first episode in season two she wasn’t in.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:
eddysnake wrote: Pajanimals is great, anything that has Jim Hensons name attached to it usually works out. Doesn't hurt that it's only 2 minutes long either
I like the fact that they are short. I think I have an attention span of a 2 year old, so these shows fit well for me.

PS - Kelly is hot from the Sunny Side up Show.
Nina isn't so bad either
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Watched about half of the debut of The Firm the other night. Didn't bother watching the second half. I'm not sure why they needed to have the Grisham novel/movie as the backstory for the show, other than to draw viewers in (I guess it worked on me).

Also, anyone remember this cartoon:

[youtube][/youtube]
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I was thinking, prior to December, I was pretty busy with my shows. But after about 2 weeks, I have about 5 shows that are done for the season/forever:

- The League
- Hell on Wheels
- American Horror Story
- Chuck
- Community

And I only have 1 coming on: 30 Rock.

So I should be freeing up a lot of TV time.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

penny lane wrote:Dowton Abbey Returns! http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love watching great acting and not knowing anything about the actors themselves.
watched the first 2 episodes last night. Really good show, looking forward to catching up, I quite enjoy these old period piece dramas