Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

PghSkins wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:The windshield wiper fluid reservoir in my car does not hold an entire thing of fluid when bone dry. I have like 3 things of fluid in my garage that are about 10% full. Grrrr
This drives me crazy. The containers are a gallon, but every car I've ever owned has a reservoir that holds like .9 gallon.

IB4 you should be filling the reservoir before you run out of wiper fluid.
I can throw a full gallon into my Legacy and still probably have room for that 10%
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

thehockeyguru wrote:People who wear those ugly boots when there is no snow on the ground.
I'll go one further and say I don't like women in boots, ever. Therefore I find recent fashion trends troubling.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

PghSkins wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:People who wear those ugly boots when there is no snow on the ground.
I'll go one further and say I don't like women in boots, ever. Therefore I find recent fashion trends troubling.
Disagree. I really like that knee high leather boot with a skirt look. It says "sure, I'm a slut, but I'm a CLASSY slut". And that's what I go for... Classy sluts...
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Froggy wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Disagree. I really like that knee high leather boot with a skirt look. It says "sure, I'm a slut, but I'm a CLASSY slut". And that's what I go for... Classy sluts...
Potd :fist:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

PghSkins wrote:
Those "ugly boots" keep our feet and lower legs warm, and they're UBER comfortable. It has nothing to do with actual snow on the ground or a fashion trend.

(at least not for me.)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PghSkins wrote:
I like the boots and if there is anything I know, it's about fashion. and if theres one thing I don't know about, apparently it's fashion. Over the weekend I found a picture of me back in High School with my leather pants and a bandana tied around one of my cowboy boots? Sometimes, I'm amazed that I'm married and have 3 kids...
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Froggy wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Potd :fist:
Agreed
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

eddysnake wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
I like the boots and if there is anything I know, it's about fashion. and if theres one thing I don't know about, apparently it's fashion. Over the weekend I found a picture of me back in High School with my leather pants and a bandana tied around one of my cowboy boots? Sometimes, I'm amazed that I'm married and have 3 kids...
I, too, wear a bandana around my leg on occasion, Some of the classy, um, young ladies :wink: , liked it others didn't. So in general I'm not too hard on kids today for what they wear, beacuse at one point in my life I was a fashion idiot too.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Froggy wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Hahah, yeah I was gonna say, I'm a fan of the 'Jeans or yoga pants tucked into the boot' look that winter brings along.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

meecrofilm wrote:
Froggy wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Hahah, yeah I was gonna say, I'm a fan of the 'Jeans or yoga pants tucked into the boot' look that winter brings along.
I'm just a fan of yoga pants in general. Footwear is irrelevant.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Not a big fan of getting a sandwich that isn't properly cut in half. If its a good sandwich and you eat the big half first and your ticked off because you only have the small half left.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

DudeMan2766 wrote:When expressing hard laughter thru type/text, putting a B or Bw in front of hahah.

As in, Bwahahahaha. I'm not sure where the B sound thing came from.
[youtube][/youtube]
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain it's too cold during the winter and then complain it's too hot during the summer.
People that argue that they'd rather be too cold then too hot with the argument that you can take layers off when you're warm.
thats my go-to defense 8-)
So your argument is then that you like the temperature to be too cold rather than too warm. Not that you would rather be too cold than too warm.

I would much prefer cold weather to overly warm weather, but if given the choice between being too cold and too warm, i'm taking too warm every time. Cold is painful, warm is discomfort.

Actually...I think i've sufficiently justified my point. It is entirely rational.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Idoit40fans wrote:I would much prefer cold weather to overly warm weather, but if given the choice between being too cold and too warm, i'm taking too warm every time. Cold is painful, warm is discomfort.
As what is known, technically speaking, as a “big fat guy” (or to be politically correct, an “insulated American”), I prefer too cold. Too warm quickly turns into a game of Let’s See What I Can Sweat Through Today™, with possible options including my shirt, my pants, my couch, etc. And a bad case of swamp ass can result in rashes and actual pain, not to mention other unsavory side effects.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Chocolate covered in foil, it is impossible to get off and all I want is the dece chocolate.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain it's too cold during the winter and then complain it's too hot during the summer.
People that argue that they'd rather be too cold then too hot with the argument that you can take layers off when you're warm.
So your argument is then that you like the temperature to be too cold rather than too warm. Not that you would rather be too cold than too warm.

I would much prefer cold weather to overly warm weather, but if given the choice between being too cold and too warm, i'm taking too warm every time. Cold is painful, warm is discomfort.

Actually...I think i've sufficiently justified my point. It is entirely rational.
i'd rather be frozen to death than roasted on a spit.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

LeopardLetang wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

i'd rather be frozen to death than roasted on a spit.
^Ftw
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I have a pet peeve. Dogs who lick their groin areas, then lick your face.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Just happened with someone I know who got an adult cocker spaniel. It's damn gross.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Sarcastic wrote:I have a pet peeve. Dogs who lick their groin areas, then lick your face.
Well played
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

ejrm upi fpm
y ;ppl sy yj rlrunpstf smf yjrm trs;oxr yjsy upir fomgers ertr pm yjr etpmh lrud

(when your typing something and not looking and then realize your fingers are on the wrong keys)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ejrm upi fpm your face
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:ejrm upi fpm your face
real mature
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Do we really need a "Thoughts from the morning after" thread for every Pens game? Can't that stuff go in the GDT?

/rant
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

The new geico pig commercial on the zipline. HATE it with a passion.