Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Sarcastic wrote:
PensFanBryan wrote:people walking in the exit door, anywhere, but it happens and bothers me the most at Wal-Mart... You can't walk the extra 2 more steps to go in the door marked "Entrance"?
Guilty. Especially in this one Walmart. It's the way the doors are set, the exit ones are closer to the parking lot.
I've caught myself right when walkign thru the door of the Washington WalMart several times and almost inadvertantly get pissed off at myself. The doors are weird there as well. I think the ENTER is on the left, while EXIT is on the right and that isnt how it normally is for anything I believe. Unless its just a driving down the road reflex for me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

stickers on video game and movie cases.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
PensFanBryan wrote:people walking in the exit door, anywhere, but it happens and bothers me the most at Wal-Mart... You can't walk the extra 2 more steps to go in the door marked "Entrance"?
Guilty. Especially in this one Walmart. It's the way the doors are set, the exit ones are closer to the parking lot.
I've caught myself right when walkign thru the door of the Washington WalMart several times and almost inadvertantly get pissed off at myself. The doors are weird there as well. I think the ENTER is on the left, while EXIT is on the right and that isnt how it normally is for anything I believe. Unless its just a driving down the road reflex for me.
Yeah, enter is on the left here, exit is on the right. And most people come from the right because of the parking lot, lol. So it's a mess and i see people go through both in or out.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I realize the rule, but it is an irrational pet peeve of mine.
are you saying your irrational pet peeve is that people post rational pet peeves in their irrational pet peeves posts?
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

people who refuse to remove the sticker from or bend the bill of a baseball hat.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

LeopardLetang wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I realize the rule, but it is an irrational pet peeve of mine.
are you saying your irrational pet peeve is that people post rational pet peeves in their irrational pet peeves posts?
Maybe?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

My sister-in-law (wife's sister) and brother-in-law (sister's husband).

Wait, those aren't irrational.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
The doors at the one in Monaca are the same way except they are not at street level, they're up a ramp. So people are not coming straight in, they're coming from either side and half the traffic entering crosses paths with half the traffic exiting. Designed by some evil genius idiot.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the exit door thing doesn't bother me too much here because the one on the left is enter... this is america, we enter on the right.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Writing checks. Man do I hate writing checks and then the dirty float when people don't deposit for like 3 weeks. Love electronic payments
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

People who are apparently unaware that if all the gas pumps on one side of the gas island are taken, they can drive around to the other side and use ONE OF THE FIVE VACANT ONES rather than making the entrance to the whole freakin' gas station a circus while they wait in line for someone to finish.

I was going to toot at the lady doing this tonight but figured she would have had no idea why I did it. Do people not want to pump their gas quickly and get the heck on with their day?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I think people are just stupid.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Every time I see my neighbor, she tells me to stay out of trouble. What the **** she mean by that?

The other one looks at me like i'm the one who got her daughter strung out on crack.
Spoiler:
c'mon man, funk dat!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Rylan wrote:I think people are just stupid.
This is the answer to many questions.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Rylan wrote:I think people are just stupid.
Been reading Pens Related again, I see....
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I hate Ohio drivers with a passion. Hell, I hate people who don't know the rules of the road, period, it's just that Ohio people are some of the worst offenders.

No turn signals while changing lanes might be the biggest one... Driving in Wexford this weekend and almost got hit by a Jeep who didn't look and tried to get into the left hand turning lane without signaling as I was passing. Forced me into oncoming traffic. Luckily no one was coming the other way or I would've been screwed.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I think licking your fingers before handing someone a piece of paper is a disgusting habit.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I think licking your fingers before handing someone a piece of paper is a disgusting habit.
I don't think that's irrational at all. It's gross.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who complain it's too cold during the winter and then complain it's too hot during the summer.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

When expressing hard laughter thru type/text, putting a B or Bw in front of hahah.

As in, Bwahahahaha. I'm not sure where the B sound thing came from.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:When expressing hard laughter thru type/text, putting a B or Bw in front of hahah.

its more grandiose/mad scientist-ish--like ganon in zelda 2 or when you get knocked out in tyson's punch out
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

DudeMan2766 wrote:When expressing hard laughter thru type/text, putting a B or Bw in front of hahah.

Isn't Bwahahaha that dude who lives in Arizona after moving from Canada?
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

I'm guilty of that. :oops:

I'm adding, people who come into my office for no purpose and I find myself wanting to shoot a rubberband at their eyes because they interrupted my music.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

people that think you should push the toothpaste up from the bottom. i mean, what's the premise here? that you waste paste somehow? or that you create too much work for yourself come that day you need to spend less than 4 seconds to push the remainder paste up to the top? even if somehow you do lose paste with the grab and squeeze method, what, you lost a few cents? one more brushing off the budget? do you jam your hand in the peanut butter jar and scoop out every last crusty bit? and if so, the equivalent would be to scrape every once off the upper sides each time you use it so you don't create that extra work for yourself later.

makes me sick:

Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

IrishEyes wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:I think licking your fingers before handing someone a piece of paper is a disgusting habit.
I don't think that's irrational at all. It's gross.
you think thats disgusting? how about when NFL quarterbacks lick their hands after just having it touching some 300 lb guys sweaty ass?