TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by blackjack68 »

newarenanow wrote:I just laugh at Danny DeVito in that show. I think he is great.
He is such a maniac as Frank. So off the wall.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Terra Nova, 2-hour season finale thoughts.

Big spoilers so don't click if you didn't watch.
Spoiler:
I am so pissed at the spy girl. First, she gave Lucas the info to finish the portal. So 26 people died as a result. She couldn't secure Lucas in the car well enough so he banged her head against the truck and escaped. And then in the end she couldn't even shoot him right because after 2 shots, he pretended to be dead then escaped somehow. It's like she's retarded.

The big guy really trusted that Lucas wants to change before he stabbed him? OK. He's the dad, maybe he wanted to believe. But I saw that coming a minute away. Also, if you know that the army is coming and that they can only send 2 or 3 people at a time, you know they're gonna send some kind of explosive device, so move your people back more, get some shields, and tell the other side to wait a few minutes before each new batch of people (to allow time for inspection). What happened could have been so easily prevented, so either he's stupid or the writers think I'm stupid and I buy this stupid stuff.

I'm gonna miss that good looking dark-haired girl. I don't like it that they killed her off at all, althought that was a very dramatic moment. The entire episide had a well-done vibe to it.

The dino trick in the end was pretty awesome.
I still really like it and will watch, but they could probably get a little better writing in there. I take it they're gonna have another season.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I didn't know that these two are a married couple.

It's Always Sunny Birth Alert: Charlie Day Is a Dad!

Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

lol wait so Dennis is the only one who isn't married to someone else in the show?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Holy crap. I didn't know Mac was married to Dee, lol. Wow. She's hot, btw.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Rylan wrote:lol wait so Dennis is the only one who isn't married to someone else in the show?
i thought he was married to the girl that he D.E.N.N.I.S.'ed
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

APK, did you watch the homeland finale yet? That was one hell of a powerful episode. I won't be surprised at all to see this show sneak in and win some awards.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

I just started watching the Wire. (Yeah I know)

Wow. Awesomeness.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:Holy crap. I didn't know Mac was married to Dee, lol. Wow. She's hot, btw.
Yeah, I found that out a few months ago.

And yes, she is hot.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it was a weak season for Dee, though. i think having the kid sucked some of the funny out of her. really kind of annoying this year, actually.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I don't find dee attractive. Too skinny and harsh looking.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Still watching Hell on Wheels anyone? I know it's Wed, but the last episode was particularly good for those who like lots of action.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

JeffDFD wrote:Still watching Hell on Wheels anyone? I know it's Wed, but the last episode was particularly good for those who like lots of action.
I am. BUt I need to catch up on that episode. Plan on watching it tonight.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:I don't find dee attractive. Too skinny and harsh looking.
when the guys on the show rag on how she looks, i tend to agree.

but she's the only chick on a show full of dudes, so it's that old theory of relative attractiveness. if an environment has a large majority of its population as dudes or ugly chicks, the average chick looks hot.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Still watching Hell on Wheels anyone? I know it's Wed, but the last episode was particularly good for those who like lots of action.
I am. BUt I need to catch up on that episode. Plan on watching it tonight.
I'm the whole series behind at this point, save the first 2/3 of the pilot. Using up a fair amount of "keep until delete" space, we'll get around to it some time, perhaps after Christmas. We tend to get backlogged in many shows and make a run at them, kind of how we handled Sons.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Got caught up on Chuck. I think this season is getting much better. Last 3 episodes have been pretty good.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:I just started watching the Wire. (Yeah I know)

Wow. Awesomeness.
I only started watching in June of this year. I have finished the entire series twice already, and am currently on the last episode of season 2 for the third time. I absolutely love that show.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:Got caught up on Chuck. I think this season is getting much better. Last 3 episodes have been pretty good.
Yes. It's been good since Morgan stopped being the intersect. I wish more people watched this show so they made more seasons. :(
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Got caught up on Chuck. I think this season is getting much better. Last 3 episodes have been pretty good.
Yes. It's been good since Morgan stopped being the intersect. I wish more people watched this show so they made more seasons. :(
Yeah, Morgan being the Intersect sucked. Those first 3 episodes were painful to watch. But since then, it's been great.

I wish it would continue as well, but I'm also happy that it made it to season 5, and I think it will make it to episode 100, which is usually the magic number for sydication.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

3-4 episodes behind on Chuck but Im glad the Morgan/Intersect thing is done. It was almost unwatchable.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:3-4 episodes behind onChuck but Im glad the Morgan/Intersect thing is done. It was almost unwatchable.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:3-4 episodes behind onChuck but Im glad the Morgan/Intersect thing is done. It was almost unwatchable.
I watch it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shmenguin wrote:
So's ya face
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

The commercial breaks during Bar Rescue are 5-6 minutes long. I record it and watch it on DVR, so it isn't that big of a deal, but that's unacceptable.

Are all Spike commercial breaks like that?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

tjand72 wrote:The commercial breaks during Bar Rescue are 5-6 minutes long. I record it and watch it on DVR, so it isn't that big of a deal, but that's unacceptable.

Are all Spike commercial breaks like that?
They started doing this crap during 1000 ways to die where they show 2 mins of commercials, show a partial clip of the previous death, then show 2 more minutes of commercials.