TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Dexter...
Spoiler:
meh to Sunday's episode. I'm interested in what the tech guy has up his sleeve (if anything), but I don't really care for Travis threatening Harrison...snore.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

always sunny is just brutal tonight. so cringeworthy
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Last Man Standing with Tim Allen has been consistently funny all year, can't help but think of an edgier Home Improvement when I'm watching, and that's not a bad thing.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Terra Nova is finally getting good now. They ditched the Stargate-style single episode plots and finally have an ongoing story plot.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

canaan wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Holy crap Homeland is amazing. Claire Danes has put in just about the best performance in the history of television. Oh, and Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin are pretty friggen awesome also. If the judging was objective, this show would win every single Emmy ever.
i wonder how long it will take for mandy patinkin to act like a smurfette on set and ruin the chemistry of the show (a la dead like me, a la criminal minds)
Maybe he will hold his ego in check since he is only the 3rd best actor on the show.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

AlexPKeaton wrote:Terra Nova is finally getting good now. They ditched the Stargate-style single episode plots and finally have an ongoing story plot.
What the hell are they gonna do now? Did you watch the last episode? I don't want to reveal any spoilers but I'm pissed at the girl and am really biting my nails for the next one.
Spoiler:
OK. Here. What if they blow up the gate thing? They'll be cut off from the future and won't get medical or any other supplies but at least they'll have their colony and live. Now I fear a whole army will cross over with tanks and everything and blow them up into the smithereens.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Did you guys see Mac's stomach last night? Boy, did he get fat!
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Sarcastic wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Terra Nova is finally getting good now. They ditched the Stargate-style single episode plots and finally have an ongoing story plot.
What the hell are they gonna do now? Did you watch the last episode? I don't want to reveal any spoilers but I'm pissed at the girl and am really biting my nails for the next one.
Spoiler:
OK. Here. What if they blow up the gate thing? They'll be cut off from the future and won't get medical or any other supplies but at least they'll have their colony and live. Now I fear a whole army will cross over with tanks and everything and blow them up into the smithereens.

I was thinking they could just build a giant enclosure around the gate and everyone that comes through will be trapped until they are let out. Instead of just leaving it out in the middle of the jungle.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Spoiler:
That would have to be a hell of an enclosure though because I'm thinking they are coming with bombs and dynamite!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I just started watching Blue Mountain State on Netflix.

Pretty funny show, but really disturbing at times.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

^^ I watched a few episodes of that with my friend. Don't know why I laughed, but I did, haha. The main QB guy is crazy.

"You think you got the Heisman.... locked up?!" Love the delivery on that line.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

PensFanInDC wrote:Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows
:fist: It's pretty good.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Made some decent headway on the MWC box set this weekend... just about done with Season 4. Such a great show.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

the wicked child wrote:Made some decent headway on the MWC box set this weekend... just about done with Season 4. Such a great show.
$30 for the entire series.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Married...+ ... Id=3438586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Watched the Burn Notice season finale today... talk about rock and a hard place.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

lol Just saw a promo for a new gameshow on NBC called still standing. If you get one question wrong a trap door opens under your feet. "where do they go? who cares!"
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

viva la ben wrote:lol Just saw a promo for a new gameshow on NBC called still standing. If you get one question wrong a trap door opens under your feet. "where do they go? who cares!"
So it's basically a remake of Russian Roulette?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

:thumb: :thumb: to both Dexter and Homeland season finales.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I just started watching Parenthood and it might be one of the best shows of all time.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

PensFanInDC wrote:I just started watching Parenthood and it might be one of the best shows of all time.
i watched season 1 start to finish in quick succession and it definitely makes me like dax shepard.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:I just started watching Parenthood and it might be one of the best shows of all time.
It is great, I'm happy to say that the second season is just as good. I don't know why it's not mentioned come awards season, the acting is top notch. I always found it to be quite hilarious when Adam ends up dancing on the show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

eddysnake wrote:
It is great, I'm happy to say that the second season is just as good. I don't know why it's not mentioned come awards season, the acting is top notch. I always found it to be quite hilarious when Adam ends up dancing on the show.
I'm 6 episodes into season one and I can't stop watching (slow day at work + streaming netflix = happy PFiDC). Even though my son is only 5 1/2 weeks old I think that I am viewing the show differently then I would have a few months ago but it would be just as awesome if I wasn't a dad.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
I'm 6 episodes into season one and I can't stop watching (slow day at work + streaming netflix = happy PFiDC). Even though my son is only 5 1/2 weeks old I think that I am viewing the show differently then I would have a few months ago but it would be just as awesome if I wasn't a dad.
have you ever seen the movie it's based from? Equally as good.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I fell behind on my TV shows and have some catching up to do.

I watched the final two episodes for Always Sunny for the season, the High School Reunion Pts1 & 2.

I thought they were pretty good. I just laugh at Danny DeVito in that show. I think he is great.