What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:I watched that Pomplamoose commercial for the first time in about a year....I think one of my ventricles just exploded
You have the youtoobz link bookmarked?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

7 Powerball Tickets, 6 Super Six Lottos, FIVEEEE CASHHHH FIVESSSSS, 4 Big Fours, 3 Daily Numbers, 2 Instant Games, and Best wishes from the lott-errr-yyy
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by demondg1 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I watched that Pomplamoose commercial for the first time in about a year....I think one of my ventricles just exploded
F'ing hipsters. I as well tried to watch it again because it couldn't possibly be as bad as I remembered it...

I lasted 1 second. My head almost exploded with negative energy. I am a raging ball of hatred right now.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

TheHammer24 wrote:7 Powerball Tickets, 6 Super Six Lottos, FIVEEEE CASHHHH FIVESSSSS, 4 Big Fours, 3 Daily Numbers, 2 Instant Games, and Best wishes from the lott-errr-yyy
They changed "2 instant games" with something else this year, and I was disturbed that I noticed the change.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:7 Powerball Tickets, 6 Super Six Lottos, FIVEEEE CASHHHH FIVESSSSS, 4 Big Fours, 3 Daily Numbers, 2 Instant Games, and Best wishes from the lott-errr-yyy
They changed "2 instant games" with something else this year, and I was disturbed that I noticed the change.
What is more disturbing is that I have lived in Chicago for the past three years, and I haven't seen the commercial during that period. However, I was singing the song in the shower this morning, which led me to post it in this thread. Soooo catchy. I can also hear the guy say, "Thanks, Jane!" or whatever it is when his friend gives him two tickets.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Two Mega Millions
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

The annoying "Lexus December to Remember" with the music boxes and elevator chimes playing their jingle music make me want to KILL! If my wife went out and spent $50,000+ without talking with me first...
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

My office has the radio on and Giant Eagle has a commercial where a dad is on his roof waiting for a ride to GE from Santa and his son asks him what he's doing. It ends with the son saying, "I worry about you!"... it gets old after 3x an hour.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I SCREAM IN A HIGH PITCH VOICE BLAH BLAH BLAH...

INTO THE SUNNNNNNNN.

God I hate it.

Also, the Hyundai holiday commercial with the stereotypical white guy trying to rap.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by demondg1 »

MRandall25 wrote:I SCREAM IN A HIGH PITCH VOICE BLAH BLAH BLAH...

INTO THE SUNNNNNNNN.

God I hate it.

Also, the Hyundai holiday commercial with the stereotypical white guy trying to rap.
DJ Dave. Yeah. He sucks. Bad.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

mac5155 wrote:
roland wrote:Can't wait for the weekend to be over:

[youtube][/youtube]
haha posted this in the amazing deals thread earlier.. i think its funny
can't get audio here since I didn't bring my headphones today, but I thought that said Kohl's "Rebecca Black - Friday" commercial.
Spoiler:
partyin', partyin', FUN!
Spoiler:
it's now in your head too.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate the ones where mom's are acting like badasses when santa comes around...so stupid.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

There is a commercial that involves a woman climbing to the top of a mesa or something in the desert. The song in that commercial annoys me.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Check out this Japanese McD's commercial.

[youtube][/youtube]
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Just thought of another one:

The Wal-mart commercial about price matching with the "ring-a-ding ring-ding-ding ring me up"...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Sarcastic wrote:Check out this Japanese McD's commercial.

[youtube][/youtube]
I thought that was hilarious
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:There is a commercial that involves a woman climbing to the top of a mesa or something in the desert. The song in that commercial annoys me.
i have mixed feelings about that one. i hated it at first but now i find myself recognizing the commercial and waiting for the song to start.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Rylan wrote:I hate the ones where mom's are acting like badasses when santa comes around...so stupid.

agreed.
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

i don't know if any of these ads air in the pittsburgh area, but i can't stand the colt mccoy ford truck ads.

[youtube][/youtube]
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Commericals where a bunch of people sing the wrong unfunny lyrics to songs are getting old. I'm looking at you Lexis Rocket Man ad. Actually more annoying than old.

On the flip, every time I always immediately think the Subway commercial where the adults talk like children is going to get under my skin, then I wait for the guy to say "I have a phone call. Todd!............this is Todd" And i laugh. Plus, the blonde in it, "Samantha" is :thumb: :thumb:
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by jprolley »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Commericals where a bunch of people sing the wrong unfunny lyrics to songs are getting old. I'm looking at you Lexis Rocket Man ad. Actually more annoying than old.

On the flip, every time I always immediately think the Subway commercial where the adults talk like children is going to get under my skin, then I wait for the guy to say "I have a phone call. Todd!............this is Todd" And i laugh. Plus, the blonde in it, "Samantha" is :thumb: :thumb:
there's this cougar i work with who now tells me she thinks of me every time she sees that ad since she saw me eating subway for lunch one day.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

jprolley wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Commericals where a bunch of people sing the wrong unfunny lyrics to songs are getting old. I'm looking at you Lexis Rocket Man ad. Actually more annoying than old.

there's this cougar i work with who now tells me she thinks of me every time she sees that ad since she saw me eating subway for lunch one day.
Big Tuna!

LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

LeopardLetang wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:There is a commercial that involves a woman climbing to the top of a mesa or something in the desert. The song in that commercial annoys me.
i have mixed feelings about that one. i hated it at first but now i find myself recognizing the commercial and waiting for the song to start.
i just heard it again. i think i hate it/like it because i have no idea what she's singing. SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE ON!

when i don't know the words to a song it usually gets stuck in my head real bad

there's this one song on the radio here that boggled my mind for years. it was a group of choir singers singing something obviously important over and over and over again clapping their hands all joyful. sounded like iffiny sumfamia call 911. iffiny sumfamia call 911. eventually i ended up loving the fact that i had no idea what they were saying and i'd crack up about how tragic it was.

turns out it was "if any sound familiar call 911" they had previously sung a list of symptoms so it makes sense.
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BfromD »

MRandall25 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Check out this Japanese McD's commercial.

[youtube][/youtube]
I thought that was hilarious
Successfully made Ronald look less effeminate while keeping the burger looking equally disgusting. Bravo.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

My friend pointed out that the Clarks Toyota commercial is one of the absolute worst commercials ever.