TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by shafnutz05 »

If you actually watched that virgin show on TLC last night, voluntarily remove yourself from the board.

But seriously, TLC (The Learning Channel)....what a disgusting heap of garbage that network has turned into. Most educational-oriented channels have went down that path, TBH
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

The Buscemi SNL had some funny skits.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

relantel wrote:The Buscemi SNL had some funny skits.
the batman digital short was funny
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shafnutz05 wrote:If you actually watched that virgin show on TLC last night, voluntarily remove yourself from the board.

But seriously, TLC (The Learning Channel)....what a disgusting heap of garbage that network has turned into. Most educational-oriented channels have went down that path, TBH
How do you know the virgin show was bad? Did you watch it? Are you going to remove yourself?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

canaan wrote:
relantel wrote:The Buscemi SNL had some funny skits.
the batman digital short was funny
I lold a couple times with the Christmas decorations thing at the end.

On a side note. Kirsten Wiig is not funny. What the hell.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Froggy wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:If you actually watched that virgin show on TLC last night, voluntarily remove yourself from the board.

How do you know the virgin show was bad? Did you watch it? Are you going to remove yourself?
Spoiler:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I **** can't stand TLC. There's nothing educational on it. Despite going towards more entertainment driven shows for Discovery and History they still have a focus in most of them on learning something about what is happening. TLC has very little if any redeeming qualities.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Homeland - How great is this show?
probably my favorite show on tv. trying to get caught up, last watched "Achilles Heel" ep 8
Spoiler:
There was a part of me hoping he wasn't the terrorist and when they told him Walker was still alive, I was hoping he would go on a rogue Jack Bauer mission against Nazir. Definitely wasn't expecting him to be at the diplomats house, now I have no idea what's going to happen which is has the season has played out and is a good thing
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Am I the only one that thinks The Office has been just as good without Michael Scott as it was with him? A couple key things that have made it that way:
Spoiler:
1) James Spader has been fantastic in his role as CEO. The guy has a deadpan delivery that is really underrated, TBH.
2) Andy was a good choice for regional manager.
3) Continued strong acting from supporting characters.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks The Office has been just as good without Michael Scott as it was with him? A couple key things that have made it that way:
Spoiler:
1) James Spader has been fantastic in his role as CEO. The guy has a deadpan delivery that is really underrated, TBH.
I'm on board with what you say:
Spoiler:
- I thought the Office would last a season, maybe two, w/o Michael Scott, and that still may be the case. The only reason the show didn't absolutely tank though is that I think they had/have a strong supporting cast, and because many characters are the focus instead of a handful, it helped the transition.

- James Spader has been great. I really like his character

- Andy was definitely the right choice to put in the regional manager role.

I'm still interested.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

HIMYM:
Spoiler:
- Just watched the new episode last night. That threw me for a loop. The whole time you think Barney and Robin had those two kids, but as it turns out, she can't have kids, and the ones she was talking to weren't real. I also tried to catch at the end to see if Barney and Robin end up getting together. To me, it seemed like she lived the single life in the future. Which leaves the question of who Barney ends up marrying.

There are some aspects of this show that have gotten old, but some that are really great. I love how they will show a clip in a show that points to something in the future, but they leave it very vague. And when you almost forget about it, they show how it ties in in a future episode.

But that was a strange twist.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:HIMYM:
Spoiler:
- Just watched the new episode last night. That threw me for a loop. The whole time you think Barney and Robin had those two kids, but as it turns out, she can't have kids, and the ones she was talking to weren't real. I also tried to catch at the end to see if Barney and Robin end up getting together. To me, it seemed like she lived the single life in the future. Which leaves the question of who Barney ends up marrying.

There are some aspects of this show that have gotten old, but some that are really great. I love how they will show a clip in a show that points to something in the future, but they leave it very vague. And when you almost forget about it, they show how it ties in in a future episode.

But that was a strange twist.
Spoiler:
It doesn't really address whether they had kids or not. It suggests Robin didn't, but doesn't say so. One thing they didn't get around to was telling Barney, so perhaps that resolution has been left for a future episode though?

Coming off the prior episode, I thought this one an extreme let down in plot. It did have some funny moments though.
I hope they have another content episode before Christmas (other than a Christmas episode for the sake of Christmas) but we may be stuck until after the new year.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:
Spoiler:
It doesn't really address whether they had kids or not. It suggests Robin didn't, but doesn't say so. One thing they didn't get around to was telling Barney, so perhaps that resolution has been left for a future episode though?

Coming off the prior episode, I thought this one an extreme let down in plot. It did have some funny moments though.
Spoiler:
I thought at the end, when Bob Saget was talking, he said that Aunt Robin never had "pole vaulters" (ie. kids), but went on to be a very successful journalist, traveled the world, and is a great friend, or something like that. To me, I thought that pretty much said she never had any kids. Could be wrong though.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:
relantel wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I thought at the end, when Bob Saget was talking, he said that Aunt Robin never had "pole vaulters" (ie. kids), but went on to be a very successful journalist, traveled the world, and is a great friend, or something like that. To me, I thought that pretty much said she never had any kids. Could be wrong though.
Spoiler:
I thought I heard "never was a pole vaulter" but the question is whether it was still a metaphor (ie no kids) or being literal (possible but perhaps unlikely?), since it follows on with literal statements
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:
Spoiler:
I thought I heard "never was a pole vaulter" but the question is whether it was still a metaphor (ie no kids) or being literal (possible but perhaps unlikely?), since it follows on with literal statements
Spoiler:
I took it as it was still the metaphor, that she never became a mother and had kids.

I do have to admit that the Marshal part was pretty funny with that kid.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

shafnutz05 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks The Office has been just as good without Michael Scott as it was with him? A couple key things that have made it that way:
Spoiler:
I agree 100%. I didnt think the show would last, but Spader has been great and has kept it going strong.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

WAAAAAAIIIIIIIT A SECOND... did tonights always sunny say that mac's full name is Ronald McDonald?

edit... the waitress is the best drunk actress on television
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Froggy wrote:WAAAAAAIIIIIIIT A SECOND... did tonights always sunny say that mac's full name is Ronald McDonald?

edit... the waitress is the best drunk actress on television
Yup. It was funny. I'm surprised they were such "losers" in high school.

The League was also really good - really really good.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:HIMYM:
Spoiler:
- Just watched the new episode last night. That threw me for a loop. The whole time you think Barney and Robin had those two kids, but as it turns out, she can't have kids, and the ones she was talking to weren't real.
I don't like it when they make things up like that only to tell you "fooled ya!" at the end.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:
Spoiler:
That's how I took it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Just started season 5 of Psych. Damn this show is awesome.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Diora Baird in the last Psych episode. Woah.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Why do all the females on Dora the Explorer look like lesbians?
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Why do all the females on Dora the Explorer look like lesbians?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Point Breeze Penguins wrote:Why do all the females on Dora the Explorer look like lesbians?
The post so nice, he made it twice.

Because they're Cuban?