UFO Warz *** Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: UFO Warz *** Game Thread ***

Post by thehockeyguru »

mac5155 wrote: There's an alien faction here we're dealing with. I've 'intercepted' some of their PMs through some sort of crazy cyber alien shizz that doc sent me in a PM. I know at least Shad and IE are purple aliens.

I'm just a regular blue skeptic. I'd bet that one or 2 of the rest of them are bad as well.

What?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I have to run some errands for a half-hour or so. Probably a good thing for the village. :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Multiple factions wouldn't surprise me given how there's listed MIB and Illuminati. However usually different factions are listed as different colors. I can also buy that you may be right but only because when there are two factions they trade kills every other night. So if we have killed all the red and last night was their night to kill it wouldn't surprise me that no kill showed up today. Still this is all very muddled. Seeing as blues still have the numbers advantage I'm tempted to test your theory because if you're lying it will be obvious and you'll be the easy kill the next day... You know what yeah lets test it, that would give the most info.

disappear IE
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

The above post was directed at Mac.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
mac5155 wrote: There's an alien faction here we're dealing with. I've 'intercepted' some of their PMs through some sort of crazy cyber alien shizz that doc sent me in a PM. I know at least Shad and IE are purple aliens.

I'm just a regular blue skeptic. I'd bet that one or 2 of the rest of them are bad as well.

What?
There's a purple alien faction that I 'intercepted' (basically just got to see one or 2 PMs from them) and by the verbiage in the PMs I've made solid guesses that Shad and IE are purple. It's very likely there are no more reds left and the aliens had no action last night which is why there was nothing in the writeup. The purples are just as bad as the reds. If you vote me out now we will only have 7 left, then with a purple kill tomorrow night (presuming they alternated with the reds) 6. That puts us in a very sticky situation as far as the numbers go. With that being said, my vote is still for IE.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 5 Vote Tally

4 - mac (SDD, shaf, IE, thg)
2 - IrishEyes (mac5155, PB)

6 to disappear

Note: There only is one red faction, the Men In Black were a part of it.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Obviously, I didn't get the names of the 2 PMs I intercepted, just the verbiage.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

mac5155 wrote:Obviously, I didn't get the names of the 2 PMs I intercepted, just the verbiage.
:D

Why not just post the PM? It's obviously intended for you to convey to the village.

I have come out and told people what happened to me. I "ascended" or whatever, had a near-death experience, and my stated goal is for the skeptics to discover a higher plane of existence (again, paraphrasing Doc). I haven't tried to hide the fact I have a role. We are linked with the greens, and are trying to stop the Illuminati from preventing this from happening. That's it and that's all.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Obviously, I didn't get the names of the 2 PMs I intercepted, just the verbiage.
:D

Why not just post the PM? It's obviously intended for you to convey to the village.

I have come out and told people what happened to me. I "ascended" or whatever, had a near-death experience, and my stated goal is for the skeptics to discover a higher plane of existence (again, paraphrasing Doc). I haven't tried to hide the fact I have a role. We are linked with the greens, and are trying to stop the Illuminati from preventing this from happening. That's it and that's all.
I have specific instruction from doc not to post it. There were some tthings I could post (for example that PM which malk answered, I received as well.. but I didnt even understand the question).
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Fair enough. My only stated goal is to eliminate the reds. Yesterday, I eliminated Ulf. I am voting for you because I believe you are red. The only way I think WK is red is if he was recruited. I am pretty sold that Pavel is a normal skeptic too
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Well from what Doc said only 1 red faction which would lead to a 2nd faction. Given the size of the game that's most likely 2 baddies per group. Any more gives a heavy advantage to the baddies. Yeah I say we go with what Mac has said, if he's correct we get Shad next. Then if the games not over after that IDK what to say. But the 2 factions explains why there was no kill last night.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

mac5155 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

What?
There's a purple alien faction that I 'intercepted' (basically just got to see one or 2 PMs from them) and by the verbiage in the PMs I've made solid guesses that Shad and IE are purple. It's very likely there are no more reds left and the aliens had no action last night which is why there was nothing in the writeup. The purples are just as bad as the reds. If you vote me out now we will only have 7 left, then with a purple kill tomorrow night (presuming they alternated with the reds) 6. That puts us in a very sticky situation as far as the numbers go. With that being said, my vote is still for IE.
Nice guess... but no. I've sent no PMs that I'm aware of, and the only ones I received were the action thing that malk won before I even had a chance to read.

There are 3 green RPs (that we know of). It would make sense to think that there are three reds, as well. I can't imagine there only being 2 reds, even if there's another faction.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

IrishEyes wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

What?
Nice guess... but no. I've sent no PMs that I'm aware of, and the only ones I received were the action thing that malk won before I even had a chance to read.

There are 3 green RPs (that we know of). It would make sense to think that there are three reds, as well. I can't imagine there only being 2 reds, even if there's another faction.
thats all you got? :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Here's my reasoning. If there is only one faction of baddies there can be at most 2 left. Since Mac has put himself way out there with this theory he's given himself away as something (good or bad we don't know yet) If we follow his current theory and he's correct he's bought himself some credit. If we try it out and he's wrong he's outed himself as a remaining baddie and is an easy kill. Sooooooo the numbers would work like this theoretically.

Disappear IE today - 8 game players left
Next day assuming there is a kill - 7 game players left, if Mac is right we go Shad, if he's wrong we go him. Either way...
Either Mac or Shad is disappeared - 6 game players left
If there is one more baddie we assume there is a kill - 5 game players left with one baddie.

The numbers work hugely in favor of blue no matter the scenario if the path of Mac is followed.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

What do you have? You have PMs with no names.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

IrishEyes wrote:What do you have? You have PMs with no names.
with specific wording about something that happened to someone in the game who said person in the game has continually said happened to him... hope that was vague enough.. lol
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Pavel Bure wrote:Here's my reasoning. If there is only one faction of baddies there can be at most 2 left. Since Mac has put himself way out there with this theory he's given himself away as something (good or bad we don't know yet) If we follow his current theory and he's correct he's bought himself some credit. If we try it out and he's wrong he's outed himself as a remaining baddie and is an easy kill. Sooooooo the numbers would work like this theoretically.

Disappear IE today - 8 game players left
Next day assuming there is a kill - 7 game players left, if Mac is right we go Shad, if he's wrong we go him. Either way...
Either Mac or Shad is disappeared - 6 game players left
If there is one more baddie we assume there is a kill - 5 game players left with one baddie.

The numbers work hugely in favor of blue no matter the scenario if the path of Mac is followed.
:thumb:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

mac5155 wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:What do you have? You have PMs with no names.
with specific wording about something that happened to someone in the game who said person in the game has continually said happened to him... hope that was vague enough.. lol
I'm totally confused.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

sorry but I don't want to say anything more and risk modkilling
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I have a hard time believing Mac would have this power and just be a normal blue. If anyone would have the power to actually intercept "alien transmissions", it would probably be the Illuminati.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

IE and Shad I hear what you're saying but this is a game played for the good of the entire town. So view it this way if one of you is sacrificed and Mac is lying the blues get a huge boost in their chances to win. No one likes to be eliminated from these games but in instances where a death will give TONS of info to the good guys it's a calculated sacrifice. It's not as though this would be blindly killing someone.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Pavel Bure wrote:IE and Shad I hear what you're saying but this is a game played for the good of the entire town. So view it this way if one of you is sacrificed and Mac is lying the blues get a huge boost in their chances to win. No one likes to be eliminated from these games but in instances where a death will give TONS of info to the good guys it's a calculated sacrifice. It's not as though this would be blindly killing someone.
If Shad is right, though, then by killing mac we get what could be the final red, and we win by the end of the phase. If he's getting these intercepted PMs, then he has some kind of role.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

IrishEyes wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:IE and Shad I hear what you're saying but this is a game played for the good of the entire town. So view it this way if one of you is sacrificed and Mac is lying the blues get a huge boost in their chances to win. No one likes to be eliminated from these games but in instances where a death will give TONS of info to the good guys it's a calculated sacrifice. It's not as though this would be blindly killing someone.
If Shad is right, though, then by killing mac we get what could be the final red, and we win by the end of the phase. If he's getting these intercepted PMs, then he has some kind of role.
Either scenario could give us the final red with plenty of numbers to spare. I listed it above. If the gambit Mac is playing is wrong he's outed himself and cannot win. If he's right then you and Shad are a different faction. By killing one of you blues win the game no matter what. In cliche form it's for the greater good if one of you go down today.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:I have a hard time believing Mac would have this power and just be a normal blue. If anyone would have the power to actually intercept "alien transmissions", it would probably be the Illuminati.
- nan got a message and was just blue (still haven't dealt too much with that message).
- obhave got a (toy) ray gun and was just blue.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

*By killing one of you the blues win the game no matter what